A Master’s Degree from an Accredited Online Program in Social Work will help set students up for an exciting career change. Depending on the number of classes taken, full-time MSW programs usually take two years to complete online, while part-time MSW programs can take two and a half years to four years to complete.
What is Accreditation?
Education Accreditation is the system of quality assurance through reviewing and examining the facilities and activities of educational institutions or programs by an external agency to assess if the relevant requirements are being met and accepted. If the requirements are met, the accredited status of the appropriate organization will be granted.
Why should you be doing an Online Master in Social Work from an Accredited University?
- Accreditation ensures that colleges and university programs meet a minimum standard.
- Accredited universities give prospective students and their parents the confidence that the institution and the curriculum have been reviewed and accepted the standards established by and for the field have been agreed for.
- Joining accredited colleges can ensure the employer that all required expertise and specialized subjects are addressed by the curriculum. This improves the applicants’ work prospects.
- Students may advance their careers by advocating practice standards and helping them with preparations.
- It serves as the basis for assessing eligibility for federally supported programs and student financial assistance for the federal government and other public funding agencies.
- Accreditation strengthens its global prestige and reflects peer recognition for the school or curriculum. If it accredits the university and services.
How to find Accredited Universities for Online Masters in Social Work?
There are 2 ways to find accredited universities for an Online Master of Social Work
- Visit the Department of Education’s Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs https://ope.ed.gov/dapip
- Search on CollegeHippo.
Why can you trust data at CollegeHippo?
CollegeHippo’s list of Universities comes from IPEDS (http://nces.ed.gov/ipeds/). This is the listing of all 2100 Universities offering Graduate programs.
Steps to Find Accredited Universities an Online Master in Security Work
Step 1: Visit collegehippo.com, and you will land on the homepage of the official CollegeHippo Website.
Step 2: Now hover on “Graduate Programs” located at the navigation bar. And then click on “Online Masters” This will take you to the new page.
Step 3: On the new page, you will find a search bar where you can search for all the accredited Online graduate programs and graduate schools.
Step 4: To search all the accredited Online graduate programs, you can just type in the name of the graduate program; Search for Social work. Click on the program when the suggestion box appears.
Step 5: After clicking on the program name, you will be redirected to this page where you get all the list of accredited Online graduate programs from different universities.
Step 6: From this page, You can customize the results as you need by tweaking the Filters section located on the left side of the page.
Best Accredited Universities offering Online Masters in Social Work
University of Southern California
Students who want to receive experience in social activities at USC should register in the department that best suits their needs. Through the Departments of Adult Mental Health and Wellness; Children, Adolescents, and Families; or Social Change and Innovation, they can take coursework. Tracks of military social work and school Social Work are also provided by the program.
Know more about University of Southern California
University of South Florida-Main Campus
USF’s Online Master’s in the field of Social Work involves twice-weekly evening classes. In addition to their preparation, they complete 12-15 hours a week, a total of 900 hours of field experience before graduation.
Know more about the University of South Florida -Main Campus
The Online Masters in Social Work of BU stresses the importance of social, economic, and ethical justice in addressing the needs of risky communities. Students can select from common tracks based on human services. Each of these requires 65 credits and up to 1,200 hours in the field.
Know more about Boston University
To know more about universities offering Online Masters in Social Work, see the Best online master’s programs in Social Work.Best Social Work graduate certificate online programs - Updated 2021
No Minimum GRE for Admission to graduate programs in Social Work - Updated 2021
Best Graduate School Programs for Social Work in Midwest - Updated 2021
Find Social Work masters degree program based on GRE score
Search for Graduate Programs in Social Work
Will you become a Psychologist with a Social Work Masters Degree?
Is it difficult to get into a program for Online MSW?
What is the difference between MSW and LCSW?
How do you get trained for Private Practice by an MSW?
Find Social Work Graduate program from GRE score