I have no interest in books and just completed my college with an average score. My mother is forcing me to get admission at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute for higher education. It would be very nice of you if anyone could tell me the details regarding GRE score and other criteria to be complied with to get the admission at Polytechnic Institute. Moreover, I have no idea about the program I will choose. I want to know the general requirements for any program at Rensselaer.
Admitted students at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute will be required to provide original documents to finalize admission prior to enrollment. Once payment is authorized and your application is submitted, you can no longer make changes or revisions. However, you can and should submit your application even if you are awaiting materials such as letters of recommendation, GRE, and/or transcripts.
The general requirements of GRE are,
– Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Code for GRE is 2757
– Applicants may submit unofficial GRE scores. Official scores must be submitted to finalize admission prior to enrollment.
– Valid scores must be submitted. GRE or GMAT scores are not valid after five years.
– The average GRE scores for admitted applicants are 159 (verbal), 163 (quantitative), 4.0 (analytical).
Other admission requirements are as follows:
- If a student is undergraduate of Princeton graduate school, he must follow the normal admission process for masters program by 15th of December.
- Applicant must submit a personal statement of atleast one page describing his interest in masters program.
- Two letters of recommendation should be submitted along with the application.
- An unofficial copy of all the transcripts of colleges previously attended are required to be submitted.
Besides above requirements, every department/program might have its own requirements to be fulfilled in order to get the admission. Application requirements for Computer Science department are as follows:
- Statement of purpose (1000 words limit)
- Three recommendation letters
- Application fee of $90.
- Transcripts of all previous colleges/schools
- Statement of financial resources (For masters program only)
- Results of GRE test. This GRE is general test, but other departments might require a specific subject GRE test. There is no minimum GRE score requirement for any of the program.
- In case of an international student, results of IELTS and TOEFL are required to be submitted as well.
Best paying jobs for Computer and Information Sciences - Updated 2021
Jobs Salaries and Career after Masters in Computer and Information Sciences - Updated 2021
Best Computer and Information Sciences graduate certificate online programs - Updated 2021
Best Graduate Programs in Computer and Information Sciences in Michigan - Updated 2021
Best Graduate Programs in Computer and Information Sciences in Oregon - Updated 2021
Find Computer and Information Sciences masters degree program based on GRE score
Search for Graduate Programs in Computer and Information Sciences
GRE score requirements for Miami University's CSE graduate program?
What is the GRE score required for admission to Masters Degree Program in University of New Hampshire-Main Campus at Computer Science and Engineering?
What is the GRE score required for admission to Masters Degree Program in Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University at Computer Science and Engineering?
What is a standard GRE score for admission to Graduate program in Drexel University for Information Technology?
Check College match for Computer and Information Sciences Masters Degree program from GRE score
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s computer science master’s program or any master of science graduate program requirements include:
Official transcripts and degrees
Resume or CV
Two letters of recommendation
Personal statement or statement of purpose
GRE or GMAT scores
TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS scores
There aren’t any minimum GRE or GMAT test score requirement, but it’s best to be in the 75th percentile.
If your country’s native language isn’t English, the requirements for the English proficiency tests are:
TOEFL: 88 iBT/230 CBT/570 PBT
As an international student, you are also required to provide a copy of your visa or passport.
The master of science in computer science in Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute doesn’t have a minimum GRE score requirement. And, just like most colleges and university, applying to their computer science graduate program requires you’re statement of purpose, CV/resume, letters of recommendation, and official transcripts.
If you’re worried about your GPA, the GPA minimum requirement for their master of science or MS program is 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. But, the higher the better.
Please login first to submit.