My brother wants to start graduate program in computer science and engineering from Northwestern University. Northwestern is the only option available to him as this is the only University which is close to our residence. I will be highly thankful if anyone could tell me the standard GRE score required to get admission in Northwestern University for computer science and engineering program.
The Computer Science Department at Northwestern University offers a variety of programs leading to the MS and Ph.D. degrees in computer engineering (CE), and computer science (CS). The broad interdisciplinary interests of the institution faculty lead to an overlap in these degrees.
GRE scores are desirable but not required by the Computer science department. But in general, the institute recommends that the Verbal (Average Score) must be 154 and Quant (Average Score) must be 161. The majority of the applicants choose to submit GRE scores. Unofficial scores may be entered in the online application, and scanned copies of the scores may be uploaded. If scans are uploaded, the staff will contact ETS and verify the student’s scores (no need to send official scores).
Other admission requirements are,
- Online application
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume’ or CV
- Academic transcripts
- Results of IELTS or TOEFL (if you are an international student)
Northwestern University’s computer science masters program doesn’t really mention a specific minimum on their GRE or GPA requirements. It might help for you to know that those who were accepted in their graduate program for 2016 had an average GRE score of 166 for Quantitative and 162 for Verbal. The average GPA was also 3.6 on a 4.0 scale.
According to their Electrical Engineering and Computer Science department, there is no actual minimum requirement for the GRE scores. The faculty uses them to gauge the applicant’s potential and strength academically. It’s more important though to meet the English proficiency requirements.
Here’s a link to help you out more on the requirements:
Good luck to your brother!
The average GRE requirement minimum can range from 157 to 160 for the Quantitative and 151 to 161 for the Verbal. Northwestern University doesn’t have a minimum requirement, but it’s best if you try to reach for the high average GRE scores to get into the computer science program.
An above average GPA (3.6 on a 4.0 scale) and a really moving Statement of Purpose can also help with admission acceptance rates. There are a lot of stories about students getting into great universities thanks to their admission essays.
The Department of Computer Science at Northwestern University is home to an internationally renowned group of faculty members, state of the art, research equipment and sample resources that a great university has to offer.
Admission requirements at Northwestern University for Computer Science students
The deadline for MS applicants for Fall 2020 is February 28, 2020.
Other admission requirements are,
- Online Graduate School Application form
- Graduate School Application Fee of $50.00
- Undergraduate and/or Graduate Transcripts
- A 2-3 Page Personal Statement in Word or PDF
- A Writing Sample in Word or PDF
- Confidential Letters of Recommendation
There is no minimum GRE scores for Computer Science program at Northwestern University.
Admission requirement at Northwestern University for Engineering students
The following are the admissions requirements:
- Bachelor of engineering degree or STEM discipline.
- GMAT or GRE scores required (waived for those with three or more years of experience in technical work)
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate studies required.
- Application fee of $50 due in US funds.
- Three letters of recommendation which attest to the academic or work performance of the candidate and the potential for leadership.
- Personal statement forming part of the application online.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for all international applicants whose undergraduate training was completed, in whole or in part, at an institution in a country where English is not their mother tongue.
GRE scores are allotted based on their work Capabilities.
Application Deadlines at Northwestern University for Engineering Students are
- In round 1 the deadline for applications is January 15 and decisions are sent on March 15 and the response must be within April 15.
- In round 2, the deadline for submission of applications is March 15 and the decisions sent on May 1, and the response must be June 1.
- In round 3, Reviewed only if space is available after March 15. All attempts to inform you of a decision are made by June 1.
Please login first to submit.