I want to pursue graduate degree in computer science from Stanford University. Could anyone please tell me how much GRE score is required for admission in computer science master’s degree in Standford University?
Are there any other admission requirements specific to Stanford?
Admission to the Computer Science Department at Stanford University is very competitive. Each year approximately 3,000 applications are received for the universities graduate programs. It is recommended that all parts of the application be strong as many outstanding applications are received. In order to ensure a complete and competitive application, careful preparation and attention are required. Please plan well in advance of the application deadline and submit your application early.
There is no minimum requirement for GRE scores (either general or subject) for the Computer Science department but note that a high score (above 90%) is preferred. According to the statistics, the average GRE score of students that were accepted into Stanford’s graduate programs was 149-164 for verbal and 150-170 for quantitative, but scores vary by program and emphasis.
Other admission requirements are,
- Online application.
- Average GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0
- Official transcripts.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- CV or resume
- International students must submit TOEFL scores.
By going through the college website of Stanford University there is no minimum GRE score requirement for admission to computer science graduate program. However, if you want your application stand unique among other applicants, your GRE score must be 90% of percentile.
GPA is expected to be at least 3.6 (on a 4.0 scale) for Ph.D. applicants and 3.5 for MS applicants
- Statement of Purpose : Concise explaining reason for applying and not more than 8000 words
- 3 recommendation letters with 2 of them from academic sources.
- Official copy of the transcripts
There isn’t any specific requirement for getting into Stanford University’s masters program in computer science. It’s just the usual statement of purpose, application form, letters of recommendation, GRE score, and transcripts.
Regarding the GRE score requirement for Stanford, you should be looking into achieving high percentile scores since it’s a very competitive school to get into. Even though they don’t provide a minimum score requirement, you would have a better chance of getting in if your whole application showed that you are competent individual that has something to bring to the university.
The Master of Science in Computer Science program is offered by the School of Engineering at the University of Stanford.
The application deadline for MS applicants in Computer Science program for Application Date is December 1 and the decision Date will be at the end of March.
The admission requirements for MS in Computer Science program are as follows:
- Application fee of $125 is required for admission.
- Statement of Purpose must be be submitted as part of the online application which must be not more than two pages in length,
- 3 Recommendation Letters is required. CS only accepts online recommendations through the application system.
- Resume must be submitted in the online application.
- Students must submit the official copies of transcripts or e-transcripts onto the online application for all institutions they have attended for at least a year as a full time student.
- GRE is required for the MS in Computer Science program within the application deadline.
- Students whose native language is not English must submit the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores.
Please login first to submit.