We had been talking about financial ad for master’s program but found some interesting data on high school seniors. These are the some of the scholarships available to high school students who are going to apply for college soon and have exemplary writing skills. If you ever are going to pursue a career in creative writing, you should try to a get one of these scholarships below.
1.Voice of Democracy Scholarship Competition
- For this scholarship students compete for the award by writing and recording an audio essay on a patriotic theme.
- The first place winner receives a grand prize of $30,000; winners also receive an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, DC. A total of $154,000 in awards is given out annually.
- This competition is open to students in grades 9-12.
2.The Fountainhead Essay Contest
- For this scholarship students compete for the award by writing an essay on one of three topics related to Ayn Rand’s The Fountainhead.
- The first-place winner receives a grand prize of $10,000; runners-up also receive prizes. A total of $43,750 is given out annually.
- The competition is open to students in grades 11-12
3. Atlas Shrugged Essay Contest
- For this scholarship students compete for the award by writing an essay on one of three topics related to Ayn Rand’s Atlas Shrugged.
- The first-place winner receives $10,000. Runners-up also receive prizes, and a whopping $43,7500 in scholarship money is awarded annually.
- The competition is open to high school seniors, college students, and graduate students.
4.American Legion National High School Oratorical Contest
- This scholarship based on public speaking skill. Students compete for this award by preparing and performing a 3-5 minute oration on some aspect of the US Constitution.
- The first place winner receives an award of $18,000, second place receives $16,000, and third place receives $14,000. There are also smaller awards for state winners. In total, annual awards amounts can be over $138,000.
- The competition is open to US high school students under 20 years of age.
5.Create-a-Greeting-Card Scholarship Contest (Gallery Collection Scholarship)
- This scholarship is pretty unique, and it’s great for students with some untapped artistic talents! Students compete for this award by submitting a photo, piece of artwork, or computer graphic for the front of a greeting card.
- The winner receives $10,000, and the winner’s school receives an award of $1,000.
- The competition is open to high school, college, and university students.
6.Siemens Math, Science, and Technology Award Scholarships
- Students compete for this award by completing an individual or team research project(so you can win as an individual, or as part of a 2-3 person group).
- National awards range from $25,000 to $100,000, and regional awards range from $1,000 to $6,000.
- The competition is open to US high school students.
Scholarships Based on Academic Strength
1.Coca-Cola Scholars Program
- Coca-Cola Scholars are judged on their academic performance, extracurricular activities, leadership experience, and community service.
- This scholarship program is fairly large: 150 awards of $20,000 are given out each year.
- This award is open to current high school seniors.
2.Burger King Scholars Program
- This scholarship is based on their GPA, work experience, extracurricular activities, and community service.
- Award amounts really range—they can be as small as $1,000 and as large as $50,000.
- This scholarship is open to US high school seniors who plan on going to college or vocational/technical school.