The clinical components of exercise science, kinesiology, and physiology are covered in the master’s degree in Kinesiology, along with specialist sports medicine disciplines. Kinesiologists use their knowledge of human physiology and movement to help patients regain mobility and improve their lives via exercise. The goal of the exercise science master’s program is to make the connection between fitness, exercise, nutrition, and wellness more understandable. Exercise science professionals are members of a multidisciplinary team whose work extends from assisting individuals in recovering from the negative consequences of a sedentary lifestyle to assisting athletes in reaching their full potential.
Best 5 Universities offering Master of Science in Kinesiology and Exercise Science that don’t require GRE Scores
Master of Science in Kinesiology offered by the University of Alabama at Birmingham
The University of Alabama at Birmingham’s Master of Science in Exercise Physiology concentration prepares students to work in higher education as fitness instructors, wellness educators, researchers, or coaches, as well as secure a leadership position in a fitness facility or pursue doctoral studies.
GRE or MAT scores are not required for a Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Exercise Physiology at the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
Other Admission Requirements for Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Exercise Physiology are:
- Undergraduate biology, chemistry, human anatomy, and human physiology courses.
- An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- An official transcript.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- International applicants must also submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores to the Graduate School.
Master of Science in Kinesiology offered by California Baptist University
The Master of Science in Kinesiology at CBU integrates physical activity experience, theoretical and conceptual foundations, and professional practice focusing on physical activity. Students can apply for the fall (September), spring (January), or summer (May) semesters of the M.S. in Kinesiology on a rolling basis.
No GRE is required for M.S. in Kinesiology at CBU.
Other Admission Requirements for M.S. in Kinesiology are:
- Completion of an application for admission with a $45 application fee.
- Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency, with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 for unconditional admission.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Three recommendations from professional or academic sources that can address the potential for success.
- Essay of at least 500 words.
- Resume identifying all previous work and education experiences.
Master of Science in Exercise Science, Strength and Conditioning Concentration offered by the George Washington University
The Master of Science in the Field of Exercise Science, Strength and Conditioning Concentration program offers formal graduate-level academic instruction in the science and theory of resistance training, as well as opportunities for students to conduct research directly related to resistance training neuromuscular adaptations.
The MS in Exercise Science does not require the GRE or any other standardized test for admission.
Other Admission requirements for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Exercise Science at George Washington University are:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
- Statement of purpose.
- Graduate applicants who have not completed a post-secondary degree from a regionally accredited US institution are required to submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing Service), or PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic) scores.
Master of Science in Exercise and Nutrition Science offered by the University of Tampa
Students seeking a strong foundation for further study and research, including those pursuing a terminal degree, should consider the Master of Science in Exercise and Nutrition Science. This program prepares students to work as practitioners on professional interdisciplinary teams in the sports industry, business, government, and education.
The GRE is not required for the Master of Science in Exercise and Nutrition Science at The University of Tampa.
Admission requirements for the Master of Science in Exercise and Nutrition Science at The University of Tampa:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as health science or nutrition, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Completed application.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work received directly from each institution.
- Two professional reference forms were completed by individuals who attest to the applicant’s professional background and academic potential.
- Personal statement.
Master of Science in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy) offered by the University of Georgia
Students interested in the study and practice of teaching or coaching physical education, sport, or physical activity should pursue a master’s degree in kinesiology with a sport pedagogy specialization. There are both thesis and non-thesis degree programs available.
GRE scores are required only for application to the MS thesis program. The GRE is not required for admission to the MS non-thesis program specializing in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy).
Other Admission requirements for MS in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy) at the University of Georgia are:
- Hold an undergraduate degree.
- Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A vita or resume.
- A statement of purpose.
Jobs Salaries and Career after Masters in Kinesiology and Exercise Science - Updated 2021
Best Graduate Programs in Kinesiology and Exercise Science in Oklahoma - Updated 2021
Best Graduate Programs in Kinesiology and Exercise Science in Virginia - Updated 2021
Best Graduate Programs in Kinesiology and Exercise Science in Michigan - Updated 2021
Find Kinesiology and Exercise Science masters degree program based on GRE score
Search for Graduate Programs in Kinesiology and Exercise Science
Can you get an Exercise Science Degree Online?
Check College match for Kinesiology and Exercise Science Masters Degree program from GRE score