- Graduate Programs
- Online Master's
- Phd Programs
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- GRE Score
- Scholarships & Assistantship
Physician Assistant graduate programs at Bay Path University
|Students Enrolled in Bay Path University graduate programs : 666|
Composition of students population for Physician Assistant
|Masters degree in Physician Assistant awarded to 27 students|
|Physician Assistant Graduate program Tuition for in state students||$19,235|
|Out of State Average Full Time Tuition for Physician Assistant Graduate Program||$19,235|
Admission and GRE for admission to Bay Path University Master’s program in Physician Assistant
Physician Assistant Studies (MS) Requirements
The Bay Path University Physician Assistant Program is a participating member of the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). All applications must be submitted online, directly to CASPA. Our CASPA admissions cycle begins in mid-April each year with a deadline of October 1st. The CASPA application must be VERIFIED by October 1st.
Applicants are required to complete and submit a supplemental application. The supplemental application fee is $60. The deadline for completing the supplemental application is also October 1st.
An acceptance must be accompanied by a non-refundable $750.00 tuition deposit in order to hold the applicant's place in the class.
The Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies at Bay Path has the following admission requirements:
1. All prerequisite courses must be completed within 10 years of matriculation at a regionally accredited U.S. institution with a grade of “C” or better with a prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher
2. No more than two outstanding prerequisite courses remaining at the time of application (October 1st).
3. A baccalaureate or graduate degree from an accredited U.S. or Canadian institution with a minimum total overall GPA of 3.0 (per CASPA).
4. A minimum of 500 patient contact hours are required. Examples of patient contact hours can include but are not limited to EMT, Paramedic, CNA, Nurses Aid, Respiratory Therapist, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, or clinical experiences with direct patient contact, paid or unpaid.
5. A minimum of 24 hours of documented Physician Assistant shadowing is required.
6. A personal statement of interest and intent is required
7. Three letters of recommendation are required
8. No GMAT or GRE required.
9. The PA Program will not allow advanced standing for any professional courses or clinical experiences.
International students must complete the admissions requirements listed above as well as the following:
1. All prerequisites must be completed within 10 years of matriculation and completed at a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
2. Bachelors degree equivalent to U.S. Bachelor’s degree with an evaluation by World Education Services (WES). Transcript evaluation fees are the responsibility of the applicant and evaluations must be sent directly to CASPA.
3. English Second Language – TOEFL score of 90 int. – 233 computer – 550 paper
This program do not enroll international students who have already completed a medical course of study in a foreign institution of higher education. Each applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation.
Physician Assistant Studies (MS)
The MS in Physician Assistant Studies from Bay Path University is an intensive, accelerated degree program that combines on-campus classroom and laboratory work with offsite clinical experience. Students gain the knowledge and skills necessary for evaluating, monitoring, diagnosing, treating, and counseling patients across their lifespan. This degree will prepare the students to work in primary care, surgery, emergency medicine, and medical and surgical sub-specialties.
Physician Assistant is projected to grow 12 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than average for all occupations. Median pay for Physician Assistant in 2018 was $99,090. The number of jobs were 200040.