2100 accredited US Universities for Graduate Programs. 400+ specializations.
1400 No GRE, GMAT schools for the Master’s program
700+ Graduate scholarships totaling $3.5 mm
New York University
New York University
New York University - An overview
Founded in 1831, New York University is a private university located in New York City. Its Founder Albert Gallitan called it a university that is "in and of the city." The university through its various programs aims to strengthen the skills and expertise of students that will help them to develop themselves as leaders and innovators in their chosen fields. There are a variety of graduate programs including master's degrees, online master's programs, and Ph.D. programs offered by the university.
Ranking of New York University
New York University is a recognized private university. As per the QS World University Rankings 2021, it was ranked as the number 2 best University in New York City after Columbia University in Top Universities in New York City. It occupied the 25th position in the Best Universities rankings of 2022. At the same time, it was ranked #26 in Most Innovative Schools.
Schools Under the New York University
The New York campus of New York University is home to 11 schools offering distinct disciplines and catering to different academic needs.
- College of Arts and Science
- College of Dentistry
- Gallatin School of Individualized Study
- Leonard N. Stern School of Business
- Liberal Studies
- Rory Meyers College of Nursing
- Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development
- Silver School of Social Work
- School of Professional Studies
- Tandon School of Engineering
- Tisch School of the Arts
Faculty of New York University
- Saul Bellow: Professor at New York University, Bellow received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1976. He is the only writer to win the National Book Award for Fiction three times.
- Wassily Leontief: A Soviet-American Economist, he worked as a professor at NYU from 1975 to 1999. He received the Bank of Sweden Prize in Economics in 1973.
- Rudolf Marcus: He was a Professor at NYU Tandon School of Engineering from 1946 to 1952 and at NYU Courant Institute from 1960 to 1961. He received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1992.
- Jack Wolf: An American Researcher, he worked as a Professor at NYU Courant Institute from 1963-65 and at NYU Tandon School of Engineering from 1965-73.
- Harold Bloom: A notable American literary critic, he was a Berg Professor of English at NYU. He became a MacArthur Fellow in 1985.
- Chudnovsky Brothers: American mathematicians and Engineers, the Chudnovsky brothers are known for their world-record mathematical calculations. They worked as Math Professors at the Tandon School of Engineering and became MacArthur Fellows.
Current Faculty members at New York University
- Viral V. Acharya: He is the C.V. Starr Professor of Economics in the Department of Finance at New York University Stern School of Business (NYU-Stern). Viral was a Deputy Governor at the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from 23rd January 2017 to 23rd July 2019 in charge of Monetary Policy, Financial Markets, Financial Stability, and Research.
- Clancy Blair: He is Professor Emeritus Steinhardt Applied Psychology. He is a developmental psychologist who studies self-regulation in young children.
- Jonathan Haidt: He is the Thomas Cooley Professor of Ethical Leadership. joined New York University Stern School of Business in July 2011.
- Thomas Marzetta: He is a Distinguished Industry Professor at NYU Tandon School of Engineering's Electrical and Computer Engineering Department and Director of NYU WIRELESS.
- Neville Sanjana: An associate Professor of Biology at New York University.
- Jeffrey S. Weber: Professor of Medicine, NYU Grossman School of Medicine, and Deputy Director of the Perlmutter Cancer Center, NYU Langone Health.
Alumni of New York University
- Angelina Jolie: American actress, filmmaker, and humanitarian. She is the recipient of numerous accolades, including an Academy Award and three Golden Globe Awards.
- Timothée Chalamet: An American actor, he has received various accolades, including nominations for an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, and three BAFTA Film Awards.
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy Jr: He is often referred to as John or JFK Jr. He was an American attorney, journalist, and magazine publisher.
- Jesse Adam Eisenberg: An American actor, writer, and filmmaker. He has received various accolades, including nominations for an Academy Award, two BAFTA Awards, a Golden Globe Award, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- Andrew Mark Cuomo: An American lawyer and politician who served as the 56th governor of New York from 2011 to 2021.
- Rudolph William Louis Giuliani: An American politician and lawyer who served as the 107th Mayor of New York City from 1994 to 2001.
- Jack Patrick Dorsey: An American Internet entrepreneur, philanthropist, and programmer who is a co-founder and former CEO of Twitter, Inc.
Graduate Acceptance Rate at New York University
Considering the competitive level of New York University, the acceptance levels are also hard to crack. 21% of students were accepted during the 2020-2021 school year.
Composition of Undergraduate Students
An acceptance rate of 21.09% makes it difficult to get into to get admission.
Composition of Graduate Students
What is the admission policy at New York University?
New York University has an open admission policy. It will accept any student who applies.
New York University has been ranked 32
Acceptance Rate: 21.09%
Tuition for Graduate Programs: $36,892
Under Graduate Program Tuition: $54,880
Average Amount of Financial Aid Awarded: -
Average Amount of Institutional Aid Awarded: -
New York University most popular Master's Degree programs with respect to student count are
- Social Work : 578
- Computer and Information Sciences : 525
- Law : 476
- Dentistry : 386
- Computer/Information Technology Services Administration and Management : 299
New York University most popular under graduate programs with respect to student count are
- Liberal Arts and Science : 566
- Econometrics and Quantitative Economics : 429
- Registered Nurse : 409
- Computer and Information Sciences : 375
- Research and Experimental Psychology : 365