2100 accredited US Universities for Graduate Programs. 400+ specializations.
1400 No GRE, GMAT schools for the Master’s program
700+ Graduate scholarships totaling $3.5 mm
University of California-Irvine
University of California-Irvine
University of California-Irvine - Overview
The University of California-Irvine (UCI) is a prestigious public research university in Irvine, California. As part of the respected University of California system, UCI has quickly established itself as a center for academic excellence and innovation. With over 500 undergraduate and graduate programs offered across schools and departments, UCI provides educational opportunities for students. The University prides itself on its commitment to cutting-edge research, spanning a wide range of disciplines and helping to advance the knowledge that UCI fosters vibrant and inclusive campus communities generates funds, and funds student activities, clubs, and organizations. Additionally, UCI’s successful athletic teams, known as the Anteaters, compete at the NCAA Division I level, inspiring school spirit and unity. UCI has a rich academic environment, prestigious research contributions, a diverse student body, and a vibrant campus life.
The University of California-Irvine (UCI) is consistently among the top public universities in the United States. Ranked #34 in US News & World Report in 2023, #84 in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and #235 in the QS World University Rankings. UCI is known for its vital academic programs in fields such as Science, Technology, Business Administration, and the Humanities, in addition to highly ranked Graduate Schools such as the Paul Marriage School of Business and the Henry Samueli School of Engineering are available.
Schools under the University of California - Irvine
UCI has a total of 14 schools for both Undergraduate and Graduate programs.
- Henry Samueli School of Engineering
- School of Humanities
- Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Claire Trevor School of the Arts
- School of Biological Sciences
- Paul Merage School of Business
- School of Education
- School of Law
- Sue and Bill Gross School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Program in Public Health
- School of Social Ecology
- School of Social Sciences
Some notable faculty who taught at the University of California-Irvine
- Pierre Baldi - Chancellor's Professor and director of the Institute for Genomics and Bioinformatics taught Computer Science
- Michael Carey - Bren Professor of Information and Computer Sciences taught Computer Science
- David Marr - Marr Prize laureate and member of the National Academy of Sciences taught Vision Science
- Donald Bren - philanthropist and founder of the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences taught business
- Linda Katehi - former chancellor of the University of California, Berkeley taught engineering.
- Sharon Carty - former president of the American Association for the Advancement of Science taught education.
- Frederick Reines - Nobel laureate in physics taught physics.
- R. Duncan Luce - Guggenheim Fellow and member of the National Academy of Sciences taught Behavioral Science.
- Vicki Ruiz - National Humanities Medal recipient taught History.
- Barry Siegel - a Pulitzer Prize winner taught English
Current faculty at the University of California - Irvine
- Vartkess Ara Apkarian - Distinguished Professor of Chemistry and Director of the Center for Chemistry at the Space-Time Limit
- F. Sherwood Rowland - Nobel laureate in chemistry
- Irwin Rose - Nobel laureate in biochemistry
- Linda Katehi - Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Francisco J. Ayala - University Professor and Donald Bren Professor of Biology and Public Policy
- Donald Bren - philanthropist and founder of the Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
Alumni at the University of California - Irvine
- Jackie Lacey ’79, Los Angeles District Attorney
- Janet Nguyen ’00, California State Senator
- Anthony James ’73, Ph.D. ’79, Vector biologist
- Paul Mockapetris, Ph.D. '82, Computer scientist and internet DNS pioneer
- Joe Lacob ’78, Golden State Warriors owner
- Wright Massey, M.B.A. '92, Entrepreneur
- Brady Anderson, Major League Baseball player
- Scott Brooks ’87, NBA head coach
- Chris Kelly '05, television/comedy writer
- Dale Mayeda '91, Effects supervisor
- Nazanin Boniadi ’03, Actor
- Chris Burden, M.F.A. ’71, Artist
Acceptance Rate of the UCI
The University of California - Irvine has a varying acceptance rate depending on the admission field. Overall, in fall 2022, the acceptance rate for graduate programs at UCI is 20.3%. However, the acceptance rate for specific programs can be much lower. For example, the MBA, MEng, MPP, MAE, MICS, and Ph.D. program has an acceptance rate of just 10%, 20%, 15%, 25%, 30%, and 5% respectively.
Engineering Acceptance Rate at University of California - Irvine (Fall, 2022)
- Number of applicants - 213
- Admitted - 175
- Matriculated - 53
- Acceptance rate - 82.2%
Nursing Science Acceptance Rate at University of California - Irvine (Fall, 2022)
- Number of applicants - 517
- Admitted - 31
- Matriculated - 19
- Acceptance rate - 6%
Business Acceptance Rate at University of California - Irvine (Fall, 2022)
- Number of applicants - 72
- Admitted - 26
- Matriculated - 13
- Acceptance rate - 36.1%
Composition of Undergraduate Students
An acceptance rate of 29.92% makes it difficult to get into to get admission.
Composition of Graduate Students
What is the admission policy at University of California-Irvine?
University of California-Irvine has an open admission policy. It will accept any student who applies.
University of California-Irvine has been ranked 35
Acceptance Rate: 29.92%
Tuition for Graduate Programs: $28,456
Under Graduate Program Tuition: $43,507
Average Amount of Financial Aid Awarded: -
Average Amount of Institutional Aid Awarded: -
University of California-Irvine most popular Master's Degree programs with respect to student count are
- Business Administration and Management -MBA : 182
- Law : 140
- Medicine : 93
- American/US Law/Legal Studies/Jurisprudence : 47
- Chemistry : 45
University of California-Irvine most popular under graduate programs with respect to student count are
- Biology and Biological Sciences : 770
- Social Psychology : 486
- Criminology : 411
- Education : 367
- Economics : 349