2100 accredited US Universities for Graduate Programs. 400+ specializations.
1400 No GRE, GMAT schools for the Master’s program
700+ Graduate scholarships totaling $3.5 mm
University of California-Los Angeles
University of California-Los Angeles
University of California-Los Angeles - An overview
The University of California-Los Angeles popularly known as UCLA is a public research university that aims to foster knowledge for students for the betterment of global society. The University offers a range of diverse graduate programs to students to accomplish their personal and professional goals. This article centers on graduate programs including master's degrees, online master's programs, and Ph.D. programs offered by the university.
As a highly reputed University, UCLA occupies a prestigious position in national rankings. UCLA was ranked the #1 Public University as per the U.S News and World Report’s annual Best Colleges rankings. Also, UCLA's ranking in the 2022-2023 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities is #20. The Center for Measuring University Performance, 2019 placed UCLA at the 9th position on the list of Top American Research Universities.
Schools Under the University of California-Los Angeles
UCLA has 12 professional schools with four major academic divisions including Humanities, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, and Life Sciences.
- School of Arts and Architecture
- School of Dentistry
- School of Education and Information Studies
- Samueli School of Engineering
- School of Law
- Anderson School of Management
- David Geffen School of Medicine
- Herb Alpert School of Music
- School of Nursing
- Luskin School of Public Affairs
- Fielding School of Public Health
- School of Theater, Film, and Television
Some Notable faculty who had taught at UCLA
- Donald Cram is a Nobel Laureate who joined the Chemistry and Biochemistry faculty of UCLA in 1947. He was lauded with the honor in Economic Sciences, in 1987
- Terence Tao: Joined the Mathematics Faculty in 1996 and was awarded the Field Medal in Mathematics. He works on a large number of mathematical areas including harmonic analysis, PDE, and compressed sensing among others.
- Elinor Ochs: A scholar in linguistic anthropology whose work has made significant contributions to linguistics, sociocultural anthropology, and psychology. She is one of the MacArthur Foundation Fellows.
- Elizabeth Neufeld: She joined the Biological Chemistry faculty in 1984. She was the recipient of the National Medal for Science in Biological Sciences, in 1994
- Daniel Walker Howe: Joined the history faculty in 1973. Received the prestigious Pulitzer Prize in History in 2008
- Judea Pearl: He is credited with the invention of Bayesian networks, a mathematical formalism for defining complex probability models, and the principal algorithms used for inference in these models.
- Thom Mayne: Joined the Architecture faculty in 1993. He was conferred with the Pritzker Architecture Prize in 2005.
Current Faculty members at UCLA
- Anastassia Alexandrova: She is a professor of chemistry and biochemistry at UCLA College, and has received the 2023 Brown Investigator Award for her basic research in chemistry and physics.
- Aomar Boum: “Undesirables: A Holocaust Journey to North Africa,” a historical fiction book by UCLA anthropology professor Aomar Boum and illustrator Nadjib Berber, has been awarded a gold medal in the graphic novel/drawn work category from the Independent Publisher Book Awards.
- Dr. Cecilia Canales: Assistant professor of anesthesiology and perioperative medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine has been selected for the 2023–24 National Academy of Medicine Scholars in Diagnostic Excellence program in collaboration with the Council of Medical Specialty Societies.
- Walter Allen: A distinguished Professor of Education, Sociology, and African-American Studies, he was awarded Dr. John Hope Franklin Award, in 2020
- Steve Ross: Professor of Economics at UCLA, Ross is a great storyteller whose classes are extremely practical and entertaining.
- Stephen Dickey: A very engaging lecturer who encourages students to speak up in class, but doesn't put any pressure, Dickey teaches English at UCLA.
Alumni at UCLA
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: One of the best basketball players to ever represent the United States. He is a best-selling book author and has also held the position of a basketball coach.
- Mila Kunis: Known for her role as “Jackie” in the sitcom ‘That 70’s Show.’ She has also appeared in the Family Guy and 7th Heaven.
- John Williams: An American composer, conductor, and pianist who has won immense appreciation and achieved great success.
- Francis Ford Coppola: An alumnus of UCLA Film School, Coppola is a well-known American director, producer, screenwriter, and filmmaker. His best works include The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, and Apocalypse Now
- Ken Jeong: He is a Korean-American actor who played Ben Chang in the hit comedy “Community.”
- Andrea Ghez: Recipient of the Nobel Prize, 2020 in Physics.
- Troy Aikman: former National Football League player, three-time Super Bowl champion, and member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame
Acceptance Rate at the University of California-Los Angeles
The acceptance rates for UCLA graduate programs are high and vary for every program. Each year, UCLA receives applications from more than 55,000 individuals hoping to be admitted as a graduate student. Out of these applicants, approximately 14,000 are accepted into one of their over 130 prestigious programs - which span not only business and medical studies but also offer degrees in 40 different languages.
Statistics of MBA Acceptance Rate: Class of 2022
- Applications received: 2817
- Admits: 732
- Acceptance Rate: 26%
Statistics of the J.D program acceptance rate:
- Applications received: 7939
- Admits: 1225
- Acceptance Rate: 15.43%
Composition of Undergraduate Students
An acceptance rate of 14.33% makes it pretty tough to get admission.
Composition of Graduate Students
What is the admission policy at University of California-Los Angeles?
University of California-Los Angeles has an open admission policy. It will accept any student who applies.
University of California-Los Angeles has been ranked 20
Acceptance Rate: 14.33%
Tuition for Graduate Programs: $28,131
Under Graduate Program Tuition: $43,003
Average Amount of Financial Aid Awarded: -
Average Amount of Institutional Aid Awarded: -
University of California-Los Angeles most popular Master's Degree programs with respect to student count are
- Law : 312
- Education : 176
- Medicine : 149
- Business Administration and Management -MBA : 138
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering : 126
University of California-Los Angeles most popular under graduate programs with respect to student count are
- Political Science and Government : 656
- Psychology : 594
- Biology and Biological Sciences : 552
- Econometrics and Quantitative Economics : 516
- English Language and Literature : 321