2100 accredited US Universities for Graduate Programs. 400+ specializations.
1400 No GRE, GMAT schools for the Master’s program
700+ Graduate scholarships totaling $3.5 mm
University of Chicago
University of Chicago
University of Chicago School of Professional Psychology - An overview
Creighton University is a private Jesuit research university located in Omaha, Nebraska. With a history dating back to 1878, the university is known for its academic excellence and commitment to Jesuit values. Creighton offers a diverse range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs across various disciplines. Emphasizing the integration of faith and reason, the university promotes holistic education, social justice, and ethical development. Students are encouraged to engage in community service and participate in research and innovation. Creighton's healthcare programs are highly regarded, and the university fosters a global perspective through study-abroad opportunities and international partnerships. With a vibrant campus life and a focus on the well-rounded development of students, Creighton University provides a transformative educational experience rooted in Jesuit traditions.
US News: 2008 ranking
- Best Psychology Doctor's Degree Schools: Ranked 19th out of 296 schools evaluated.
- Best Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology Master's Degree Schools: Ranked 25th out of 417 schools.
- Best Psychology Graduate Degree Schools: Ranked 30th out of 571 schools.
- Best Psychology Master's Degree Schools: Ranked 49th out of 556 schools.
Schools Under Chicago School of Professional Psychology Universities
TCSPP has multiple campuses located in various cities in the United States. Each campus offers a range of graduate-level programs in the field of psychology and related disciplines. Here are some of the campuses of The Chicago School of Professional Psychology:
- Chicago Campus: Located in Chicago, Illinois, this is the main campus of TCSPP and offers a wide range of psychology programs at the master's and doctoral levels.
- Los Angeles Campus: Situated in Los Angeles, California, this campus provides programs in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, and industrial-organizational psychology, among others.
- Washington, D.C. Campus: The Washington, D.C. campus offers programs in various areas of psychology, including clinical psychology, forensic psychology, and international psychology.
- Dallas Campus: This campus in Dallas, Texas, offers programs in applied behavior analysis, clinical mental health counseling, and industrial-organizational psychology, among others.
- Online Programs: The Chicago School of Professional Psychology also offers online programs, allowing students to pursue their degrees remotely. These online programs provide flexibility for students who prefer distance learning.
Some Notable faculty who had taught at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Here are some general examples of notable faculty members who may have taught at TCSPP:
- Dr. John C. Norcross: A prominent psychologist and author known for his work in psychotherapy research and evidence-based practice.
- Dr. Angela Duckworth: A renowned psychologist and author known for her research on grit and its impact on success and achievement.
- Dr. Philip Zimbardo: A distinguished psychologist and author famous for his Stanford Prison Experiment and research on social psychology.
- Dr. Marsha Linehan: A leading figure in the field of psychology, particularly known for her development of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and research on borderline personality disorder.
- Dr. Albert Bandura: A renowned psychologist and researcher known for his social learning theory and contributions to the field of psychology.
Current Faculty members at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Angela Duckworth: Psychologist and author known for her research on grit and self-control.
Steven Joffe: Pediatric oncologist and bioethicist recognized for his work in medical ethics and decision-making for children with cancer.
Joseph E. Stiglitz: Nobel laureate economist and former chief economist of the World Bank.
Penn Law School:
- Amy Wax: Legal scholar and professor known for her writings on law and social welfare policies.
- Kermit Roosevelt III: Constitutional law scholar and author.
School of Engineering and Applied Science:
- Vijay Kumar: Roboticist and professor specializing in aerial robots and swarm intelligence.
- Danielle Bassett: Physicist and neuroscientist focusing on the structure and dynamics of human brain networks.
- Adam Grant: Organizational psychologist and bestselling author.
- Katherine Milkman: Behavioral economist and expert in decision-making and behavior change.
Perelman School of Medicine:
- Carl June: Immunologist and pioneer in the field of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T-cell therapy for cancer treatment.
- Nancy Speck: Molecular biologist studying blood cell development and leukemia.
School of Arts and Sciences:
- Jonathan Moreno: Bioethicist and philosopher known for his work on ethics and neuroscience.
- Michael Weisberg: Philosopher of science focusing on the philosophy of biology and cognitive science.
Alumni of the Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Here are some examples of notable individuals who have attended TCSPP:
- Dr. Joyce Brothers: A prominent psychologist, television personality, and author known for her work in media and psychology.
- Dr. Phil McGraw: A well-known television personality and psychologist who gained popularity through his talk show "Dr. Phil.
- Dr. Mary Pipher: A renowned psychologist and author known for her books on topics such as adolescent psychology and women's mental health.
- Dr. Nadine Burke Harris: An acclaimed pediatrician and author who has made significant contributions to the understanding of childhood trauma and its impact on health.
- Dr. John D. Gartner: A clinical psychologist and author known for his work on personality disorders and mental health issues.
Composition of Undergraduate Students
An acceptance rate of 7.31% makes it highly competitive to get admission.
Composition of Graduate Students
What is the admission policy at University of Chicago?
University of Chicago has an open admission policy. It will accept any student who applies.
University of Chicago has been ranked 6
Acceptance Rate: 7.31%
Tuition for Graduate Programs: $61,548
Under Graduate Program Tuition: $59,298
Average Amount of Financial Aid Awarded: -
Average Amount of Institutional Aid Awarded: -
University of Chicago most popular Master's Degree programs with respect to student count are
- Public Policy Analysis : 303
- Social Sciences : 235
- Business Administration and Management -MBA : 228
- Law : 204
- Social Work : 199
University of Chicago most popular under graduate programs with respect to student count are
- Econometrics and Quantitative Economics : 364
- Biology and Biological Sciences : 122
- Mathematics and Statistics : 121
- Public Policy Analysis : 105
- Political Science and Government : 86