- Graduate Programs
- Online Master's
- Phd Programs
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- GRE Score
- Scholarships & Assistantship
Kinesiology and Exercise Science graduate programs at University of Houston
|Students Enrolled in University of Houston graduate programs : 13415|
Composition of students population for Kinesiology and Exercise Science
|Masters degree in Kinesiology and Exercise Science awarded to 11 students|
|Kinesiology and Exercise Science Graduate program Tuition for in state students||$8,539|
|Out of State Average Full Time Tuition for Kinesiology and Exercise Science Graduate Program||$17,681|
Admission and GRE for admission to University of Houston Master’s program in Kinesiology and Exercise Science
Acceptance into the Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Kinesiology program is by vote of the departmental Graduate Research Degrees (GRD) committee.
Admittance to the program will be based on a series of criteria that includes:
1. Undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) - most admitted students have a GPA above 3.5
2. Graduate Record Exam (GRE): most admitted students score above the 60th percentile on the Quantitative and Verbal Reasoning sections and at least 3.5 on the Analytical Writing section.
3. Letter of Research Interests with Statement of Professional Goals
4. Writing Sample (examples: thesis, journal articles, professional reports, etc.)
5. Personal Interview with a potential faculty advisor (note: when possible, this should be an in-person interview; when travel distance is a concern, this may be a telephone or video conference interview)
All decisions concerning admissions to the Ph.D. (Kinesiology) program are made by the GRD committee in the department and are arrived at on a competitive applicant pool basis.
Doctoral Progam in Exercise Physiology
Ph.D. in Kinesiology with an emphasis in Exercise Physiology. This emphasis provides students with the experimental, theoretical and analytical tools necessary to investigate the basic processes and mechanisms in exercise physiology. The impact of exercise and other stressors on the immune system, healthy aging, and or cardiovascular disease.
Kinesiology and Exercise Science is projected to grow 13 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than average for all occupations. Median pay for Kinesiology and Exercise Science in 2018 was $50,280. The number of jobs were 7330.