2100 accredited US Universities for Graduate Programs. 400+ specializations.
1400 No GRE, GMAT schools for the Master’s program
700+ Graduate scholarships totaling $3.5 mm
University of Miami
University of Miami Graduate Assistantships
Atmospheric and Earth Science Assistantships in the University of Miami
Coral Reef Futures Lab of the University of Miami's Rosenstiel School of Marine, Atmospheric, and Earth Science provides information about research opportunities in the Baker Lab.
- The lab focuses on coral reef biology, ecology, conservation, molecular marine ecology, and coral-algal symbiosis.
- Graduate students and researchers in the Baker Lab manage both individual and group projects, supported by Fellowships, Research, and Teaching Assistantships.
- The majority of their work is lab-based, with less emphasis on intensive fieldwork underwater, though diving certifications are recommended.
- The graduate program includes a significant course load in the first 18 months, followed by a proposal defence and qualifying exams after two years, with graduation anticipated by the end of the fifth year.
- The program is competitive, with admitted students comprising about 10% of the applicant pool in the Division of Marine Biology and Fisheries.
- Applicants should have strong backgrounds in relevant fields, and while the GRE general test is required, the Biology Subject test is recommended.
In summary, the Coral Reef Futures Lab at the University of Miami offers competitive graduate research opportunities in various aspects of coral reef science, primarily conducted in a lab setting. The program is rigorous and selective, with a comprehensive curriculum and a requirement for strong academic backgrounds in related fields. No specific financial or deadline information is provided on the webpage.
Master of Science in Statistics Assistantships at Miami University
Information about the Master of Science in Statistics program Assistantships at Miami University has been provided here, let us get into it to know more:
About the Program:
The Master of Science in Statistics program at Miami University is designed to give students a solid foundation in applied and theoretical statistics.
The program prepares students for careers in:
- Doctoral study.
It offers opportunities for data analysis projects and interdisciplinary study.
- The Department of Statistics offers graduate assistantships on a competitive basis, with both full and half appointments available.
Assistantship duties includes:
- Assisting in statistics classes,
- Working in the Statistical Consulting Center, or other capacities.
Half and Full Assistantship Requirements and details:
- Full assistantships require 16-20 hours of work per week and provide a 100% tuition waiver, a stipend for living expenses, and a 100% out-of-state surcharge waiver.
- Half assistantships require 8-10 hours of work per week and provide a 50% tuition waiver, half stipend, and a 100% out-of-state surcharge waiver.
So to conclude we can say that, Miami University offers a comprehensive Master of Science in Statistics program, preparing students for various professional paths it also offers Graduate assistantships with tuition waivers, stipends, and out-of-state surcharge waivers in exchange for work in teaching, research, or related areas.