2100 accredited US Universities for Graduate Programs. 400+ specializations.
1400 No GRE, GMAT schools for the Master’s program
700+ Graduate scholarships totaling $3.5 mm
University of Pennsylvania
Graduate Programs at University of Pennsylvania
Empowering Minds: Unveiling the UPenn Graduate Program Experience
UPenn offers a diverse array of graduate programs across various disciplines where prospective students can find the perfect fit for their interests. From business to engineering, public policy to healthcare, UPenn's Graduate programs provide rigorous training, hands-on experiences, and access to a global network of alumni. The esteemed faculty at UPenn are leaders in their respective fields, imparting valuable knowledge and mentorship to help you thrive academically and professionally.
UPenn does offer joint degree programs like Carey JD/MBA Program is a joint-degree program. The Lauder Institute offers a joint-degree MA in International Studies in tandem with the Wharton MBA or JD programs at Penn. There are 9 doctoral programs offered.
The majority of the graduate programs are on-campus with few options of hybrid for working professionals. The Master’s program can be completed in 18 to 24 months.
What options does the University of Pennsylvania offer in terms of one-year or accelerated master's programs?
Yes, UPenn offers many one-year or accelerated master’s programs across different disciplines:
- Master's Degree in Education Policy: This one-year master's program includes coursework in foundations of education, research, evaluation, data analysis, and education policy. It's designed for students aiming for a career in education policy
- M.A. in English: This standalone one-year master’s program is challenging and suited for students who want to undertake graduate-level study in English but are not yet ready to commit to a Ph.D. program.
- Master of Applied Positive Psychology: This program involves a series of courses over one year of full-time study, introducing concepts in positive psychology, research methods, and factors contributing to well-being.
- Global Higher Education Management (Online): This executive-style master's degree spans one year and prepares individuals for university leadership roles in a dynamic global environment.
What is the acceptance rate at UPenn Masters program?
The acceptance rate varies across various programs. Wharton Business School, one of the most competitive in the world has an acceptance rate of less
Statistics for CIS/MSE admission at the University of Pennsylvania for the class of 2021 fall semester are :
Candidates admitted to the doctoral program with average GRE: V 160/Q 168/AW 4.3
Statistics for MCIT admission at the University of Pennsylvania for the class of 2021 fall semester are :
Candidates admitted to the doctoral program with average GRE: V 162/Q 168/AW 4.3
Statistics for PHD admission at the University of Pennsylvania for the class of 2021 fall semester are :
Candidates admitted to the doctoral program with average GPA: 3.8
Are there early decision or early action pathways for prospective students applying to graduate programs at the University of Pennsylvania?
While this might be a common scenario for undergraduate students, early decision and early action do exist for the graduate programs, UPenn’s Carey JD/MBA Program accepts early decision. This is a binding decision, which means that if you get accepted you will have to get admitted.
Uncover details about the career destinations and post-graduation earnings of University of Pennsylvania master's degree holders.
The University of Pennsylvania provides detailed post-graduate outcome reports for its various schools, including the Weitzman School of Design, School of Engineering and Applied Science, Graduate School of Education, School of Nursing, School of Social Policy & Practice, and other combined graduate programs. These reports are available for different years and include data about the employment destinations and other outcomes of graduate students.
Weitzman School of Design:
- Full-Time Employment: 76.5%
- Part-Time Employment: 5.6%
School of Engineering and Applied Science Master’s:
- Full-Time Employment: 81.9%
- Part-Time Employment: 0.4%
Graduate School of Education:
- Full-Time Employment: 71.1%
- Part-Time Employment: 2.8%
School of Nursing (MSN, DNP, PhD):
- Full-Time Employment: 89.4%
- Part-Time Employment: 4.7%
School of Social Policy & Practice:
- Full-Time Employment: 77.8%
- Part-Time Employment: 5.6%
College of Liberal and Professional Studies, School of Arts and Sciences Master’s:
- Full-Time Employment: 80.4%
- Part-Time Employment: 2.2%
After finishing your Master’s or MBA, you might wonder about potential employment opportunities and the starting salaries you can expect. This information is typically available on the career pages of the respective schools.
Graduate Programs Offered
Graduate Students Enrollment Count
University of Pennsylvania offers the following Graduate Programs:
Graduate Programs with highest enrollment
University of Pennsylvania most popular Master's Degree programs with respect to the students enrolled in the top 5 most popular graduate programs
- Business Administration and Management -MBA : 289
- Law : 258
- Finance : 253
- Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Studies : 217
- Social Work : 193