- Graduate Programs
- Online Master's
- Phd Programs
- Graduate Certificate Programs
- GRE Score
- Scholarships & Assistantship
Kinesiology and Exercise Science graduate programs at University of Wisconsin-Madison
|Students Enrolled in University of Wisconsin-Madison graduate programs : 12574|
Composition of students population for Kinesiology and Exercise Science
|Masters degree in Kinesiology and Exercise Science awarded to 9 students|
|Kinesiology and Exercise Science Graduate program Tuition for in state students||$10,728|
|Out of State Average Full Time Tuition for Kinesiology and Exercise Science Graduate Program||$24,054|
Admission and GRE for admission to University of Wisconsin-Madison Master’s program in Kinesiology and Exercise Science
Following are guidelines for application to the MS and PhD programs in Kinesiology. Applicants to the Master’s of Science in Occupational Therapy program (MS-OT) or Doctorate in Occupational Therapy (OTD) use different procedures
The numbered preview below summarizes What You’ll Need if you apply for the MS or PhD in the Department of Kinesiology at UW-Madison. Then more detailed information follows about each of the numbered application items.
1. Online Application: The UW Graduate School Online Application, including its supplemental apps section (to name your Kinesiology area of specialization or track), must all be submitted at the Grad School web site.
2. GRE: inesiology requires GRE scores for the general test. GRE scores may be self-reported when you apply, but if admitted we will require an official report. Official scores can be submitted to UW Madison using the institution code 1846. Copies, faxes, and PDFs are considered unofficial
3. Personal Statement: Kinesiology needs your personal statement of reasons for graduate study included within your online application to the UW Graduate School. As part of your personal statement, you should discuss why you want to be considered for the track or area of specialization identified in the supplemental application portion of the online application.
4. Letters of Reference: Identify at least three persons who can recommend you as qualified for grad study.
5. Transcripts: All university-level educational transcripts should be provided. You may upload electronic transcripts. Your unofficial transcripts, if legible and complete, will suffice for departmental review. If admitted, official transcripts will need to be submitted to the Graduate School
6. International Students: TOEFL (or similar). Official scores are requested by the student and submitted electronically to UW-Madison institution code 1846 by Educational Testing Service. Copies are considered unofficial.
7. Application Fee Grant: The Graduate School offers a limited number of fee grants to ensure the application fee is not a barrier for potential students. Please see the Graduate School site for more information. You can also contact the Kinesiology Grad Coordinator to enquire about fee waivers if you are not eligible or do not receive a grant through the Graduate School.
The Department of Kinesiology's mission is to create, interpret, transmit, and apply knowledge related to movement, exercise, and human occupation with the ultimate goal of enhancing human health, productivity, and quality of life. The M.S. in Kinesiology is available with research specialization in biomechanics, exercise physiology, exercise psychology, motor control and behavior, physical activity epidemiology, and occupational science. The M.S. in Kinesiology with the nonthesis option provides courses that cover the breadth of the kinesiology field and electives, and it may include a final project.
Scholarships and financial aid available for Kinesiology and Exercise Science
MSOT Tuition, Scholarships and Financial Aid
Please see the UW Registrar website for current tuition rates and segregated fees (switch to graduate in drop down menu). See below, for a step-by-step description of calculating tuition. Fee’s are published for current upcoming semester and are subject to change by the University of Wisconsin Madison.
Scholarships and Fellowships Available to Occupational Therapy Students.
Please see the Graduate School Fellowships Office website or Diversity at the Grad School for information on this fellowship, awarded to students of color and or educational disadvantages.
Scholarship applications are available on January 15 and due February 15. New scholarship application portal.
You will not for a specific scholarship. The Kinesiology Scholarship Committee will decide the most appropriate recipient(s) for any available Department scholarships. If you feel you are eligible for any campus-wide scholarships, you may via separate applications.
Kinesiology and Exercise Science is projected to grow 13 percent from 2016 to 2026, faster than average for all occupations. Median pay for Kinesiology and Exercise Science in 2018 was $47,340. The number of jobs were 6880.
What is the GRE required for admission to graduate program in Kinesiology and Exercise Science