2100 accredited US Universities for Graduate Programs. 400+ specializations.
1400 No GRE, GMAT schools for the Master’s program
700+ Graduate scholarships totaling $3.5 mm
Search for Fastest Master's program
Fastest Master's programs are graduate degree programs that can be completed in less time than conventional master's programs. The online masters programs are made to offer the same level of education to students as traditional master's programs, but with the added comfort and flexibility of online study. Depending on the university and topic of study, the fastest master's program can be found in business, education, healthcare, technology, and engineering. To ensure that a master's program will further your career objectives and aspirations, study the program's accreditation, reputation, and job placement rates before applying.
Students can accelerate their career with a lightning-fast master's program that delivers the same quality education as traditional programs, but with the added flexibility of learning. With a range of disciplines available, from business and education to healthcare and engineering, students will be able to pursue their passions and achieve their goals at their own pace.
Master’s in Months,
Join the Fast Lane!
Fastest Master’s program
Look for the fastest masters programs.
Agriculture and Agriculture Operations
Natural Resources Conservation, Protection and Management
Landscape Design and Architecture
Area, Ethnic, Cultural, Gender And Group Studies
Communication And Journalism
Computer Science, Information Systems and Information Technology
Education and Teaching
Foreign Languages, Cultures, Literature and Linguistics
Human Development and Family Empowerment
Law and legal studies
English Language, Literature and Cultural Studies
Liberal Arts And Sciences And Humanities
Library and Information Science
Biology, Biomedical and Biological Sciences
Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Mathematics and Statistical Science
Parks, Recreation, Leisure And Fitness Studies
Recreation, Fitness, and Leisure Activities
Historical, Philosophical and Religious Studies
Theology, Divinity & Religious Studies
Atmospheric and Physical Sciences
Counseling and Behavioral Psychology
Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting
Public Administration And Social Service
Social Sciences and Studies
Fine, Visual, Applied and Performing Arts
MBA (Business/ Management/ Marketing)
What is the meaning of the Fastest Online Master's program?
The fastest online Master's programs are graduate degree programs that can be finished more quickly than regular master's programs and are fully online. These courses are made to offer the same level of education to students as traditional master's programs but with the added comfort and flexibility of online study.
Depending on the university and topic of study, the fastest online master's programs can be found in business, education, healthcare, technology, and engineering. To make sure that an online master's program will further your career objectives and aspirations, study the program's accreditation, reputation, and job placement rates before applying. Numerous colleges in the USA provide online master's degree programs that can be finished in as little as one year or as long as two years. These programs typically require students to take a full load of courses each semester and are more demanding than regular master's programs.
Here are some examples of American universities that provide the quickest online master's degree programs:
- The University of Southern California (USC) provides a number of online master's programs in subjects like business, engineering, computer science, and healthcare. The programs can be finished in 12 to 24 months at most.
- Northeastern University provides online master's programs that can be finished in as little as 16 months in fields like finance, analytics, and education.
- Arizona State University (ASU) offers more than 100 online master's degree programs that can be finished in as short as 12 to 24 months in fields like business, engineering, and psychology.
- Texas A&M University provides a number of online master's programs that can be finished in as short as 18 to 24 months in disciplines like business, engineering, and education.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) provides online master's programs that can be finished in as little as 15 months in fields like data science, computer science, and business.
It's crucial to keep in mind that program lengths might change based on elements like course load and prerequisites and that these universities might offer more Fastest Online Master's programs in addition to those that are listed below. It is advised to conduct research on particular programs of interest to find out their precise duration and prerequisites.
What is the shortest time to get a master's degree?
A master's degree program can be finished in as little as 12 to 18 months. The precise amount of time, however, will depend on a number of variables, such as the requirements of the program, the student's rate of learning, and the amount of time the student can commit to their studies.
While other programs may take up to 24 months or longer, some universities offer accredited master's degree programs that can be finished in as little as 12 months. There are also self-paced master's programs offered by several colleges, which permit students to finish their coursework more quickly.
An accredited Master of Science in Finance program from Purdue University Global can be finished in as little as 12 months. The curriculum incorporates subjects including financial analysis, portfolio management, and risk management in order to prepare students for professions in finance.
Students must enroll in a full course load each semester, which includes classes like Financial Markets and Institutions, Corporate Financial Management, and Investments, in order to finish the program in 12 months.
Students are also required to complete a capstone project, which gives them experience in dealing with actual financial issues. It's crucial to remember that finishing a master's program faster than a regular program usually calls for a higher level of attention and commitment from the student because the course load is frequently more demanding. Before deciding to join an accelerated master's degree, students should carefully examine their capacity to juggle their academic workload with their personal and professional obligations.
What are the benefits of the fastest Master's degree program?
The fastest master's degree program has tons of advantages:
- Time-saving: The fastest master's degree program's main advantage is that it enables students to finish their degrees faster than traditional on-campus programs, which can save both time and money.
- Flexibility: Compared to conventional on-campus programs, master's degree programs are more flexible, allowing students to finish their coursework on their own time and at their own speed.
- Convenience: Students can study from anywhere with an internet connection thanks to master's degree programs, which reduce the need for students to commute to a physical campus.
- Monetary Benefits: One can save a lot of money not just with regard to the tuition fees but also the living expenses, books, travel expenses, etc. while studying. This will help them upskill at a much lower expense which is sometimes also close to nothing if and when backed up by financial aid such as scholarships.
- Increased work opportunities: Earning a master's degree can increase income potential and lead to new career opportunities. This also means that one can continue their job while studying since their physical presence is not required for this degree. They can dedicate time to work as well as study simultaneously and conveniently.
- Networking possibilities: master's degree programs frequently offer networking possibilities with peers and industry professionals, which can aid students in creating important contacts for future professional progress.
- Improved knowledge and skills: Master's degree programs give students advanced knowledge and abilities in their field of study, increasing their employability.
Overall, individuals who want to advance their education and job prospects in a shorter amount of time can profit greatly from the fastest master's degree program. However, it's crucial to conduct a thorough study and pick a program that suits your unique needs and objectives.
What will be the program cost of the fastest Master's program?
The university or college that offers the program, the precise course of study, and the length of the program all affect how much the fastest master's program costs. However, in general, because of decreased overhead expenses, online programs can be cheaper than conventional on-campus programs.
Tuition, fees, and course materials are often included in the price of a master's program. For courses, some colleges may also charge a technology cost, a distance learning fee, and a proctoring fee.
For public colleges, the average cost of a master's degree program in 2021 was $30,614; for private universities, it was $36,987. To help students offset the expense of tuition, many colleges provide financial aid, scholarships, and other types of tuition support.
An accelerated Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction program is available from the University of Texas at Arlington, and it can be finished in as little as a year. The program's price, which includes tuition and fees, is $10,008 for residents of Texas and $21,624 for non-residents.
Students need to have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a bachelor's degree from an authorized university in order to be accepted into the program. Topics including curriculum creation, assessment and evaluation, and teaching methods for a variety of learners are all included in the program.
A Master of Science in Microbiology and Cell Science program is available from the University of Florida. The price of the program, which includes tuition and fees, is $15,758 for Floridians and $30,014 for non-residents. To assist students in paying for their studies, the University of Florida provides a variety of financial aid options, such as scholarships and assistantships. One can complete this course in 12- to 24 months.
A Master of Science in Information Technology program from Arizona State University can be finished in as little as 16 months. The program's total cost, including tuition and fees, is $15,000. To assist students in paying for their education, Arizona State University offers financial aid, scholarships, and grants.
The cost of the program may increase if students need to buy textbooks and other course materials in addition to the program fee. To help offset these higher costs, many programs include digital course materials and resources.
It's crucial to remember that the price of an accelerated master's program can change based on the school, the course of study, and other aspects.
Are the fastest Master's programs similar to one-year Master's programs?
Although there may be some overlap, the fastest master's programs and one-year master's programs are not necessarily the same.
The fastest master's programs are made to be finished as quickly as possible, which might take anything from a few months to two years or more, depending on the program and the university that offers it. These courses are usually intended to be rigorous and accelerated, and they demand a large time and effort commitment from the students. On the other hand, one-year master's programs are meant to be finished in around a year, or 12 months. While still intensive and quick, some programs may be less compressed than the fastest master's programs, giving students more time to comprehend and apply the material.
Not all one-year master's programs are necessarily the fastest available, even if some of the fastest programs may be less than a year long. One-year master's programs could differ from the quickest master's programs in terms of entrance requirements, program formats, and course offerings, as well as in terms of cost and accreditation. To find the program that best suits their goals, tastes, and available resources, prospective students should thoroughly investigate and compare several master's programs.
What are the admission requirements for the fastest Master's programs?
Depending on the school and program of study, different candidates may be admitted to the fastest master's programs. However, the following are some typical criteria for admission that applicants may need to meet:
- A bachelor's degree: A bachelor’s degree education from an authorized university is typically required for admission to master's programs. Some programs can have a minimum GPA requirement or a requirement that the degree is in a certain discipline.
- Transcripts: Applicants could be required to submit official records from each college or university they have ever attended.
- Standardized exam scores: While some programs may want GRE or GMAT scores from applicants, others may not. A lot of colleges in the USA are waiving their requirement for prospective candidates to submit their GRE scores. This has been the new normal post-COVID for a majority of universities. However, depending on your preferred program and university, the requirements for this will differ.
- Job experience: For some programs, candidates may need to have a particular quantity of relevant professional job experience. These programs are usually also known as executive programs. They can also be done in some cases alongside a job.
- Recommendation letters: Applicants might be asked to provide letters of recommendation from employers, professors, or other industry figures.
- Personal Statement/Essay: Many programs require applicants to submit a personal statement or essay outlining their reasons for applying as well as their academic and career aspirations.
It's crucial to remember that entrance criteria can change depending on the program and the school, so potential students should thoroughly check the prerequisites for each program they are considering. Additionally, certain programs could have extra requirements for applicants to meet, such as writing samples or interviews.
Are the financial aid and scholarships offered for the fastest Master's programs?
Yes, a lot of organizations provide financial help and scholarships for master's programs, even if they are intended to be finished in a short period. These financial aid programs can assist students in lowering the price of tuition and other master's-related costs.
For master's degrees, financial aid possibilities could include:
- Federal student aid: To assist with paying for tuition and other costs, students may be qualified for federal grants, loans, or work-study programs.
- Institutional aid: Some organizations provide grants or scholarships designed especially for learners or those enrolled in certain courses of study. For eg. Google scholarship, Amazon Scholarship, and so on are provided during the boot camps arranged by universities for their students to interact with other organizations and get prepared for their professional life ahead. These interactions often convert into financial aid.
- Private financial aid: Students may be qualified for private financial aid from outside organizations like trade associations or charitable foundations.
Numerous American colleges provide financial help for master's programs, including those intended to be finished fast. Universities that provide financial help for their quickest master's programs include some of the following:
- Arizona State University (ASU): Several accelerated master's programs are available in fields like business, engineering, and healthcare at Arizona State University (ASU). Financial aid is available to qualified students in the form of loans, scholarships, grants, and work-study opportunities.
- Western Governors University (WGU): Using a competency-based paradigm, WGU's master's programs can be finished fast. Financial aid is available to qualified students in the form of federal, state, and local grants, loans, and scholarships.
- Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU): Several master's programs are available from Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), and they can be finished in as little as 12 to 15 months. Financial aid is available to qualified students in the form of federal, state, and local grants, loans, and scholarships.
- Purdue University Global: Purdue Global provides a variety of time-efficient master's degrees in fields like business, medicine, and education. Financial aid is available to qualified students in the form of federal, state, and local grants, loans, and scholarships.
In most universities, financial aid is provided on a need basis, not a merit basis. Prospective students should look into the financial aid possibilities offered by the schools and programs they are thinking about, as well as any prerequisites and deadlines for applications. To determine their eligibility for federal financial help, students should also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Help (FAFSA).
If the program claims to be the fastest master’s program, how much time does it take to get the degree?
The structure of the program, the quantity of coursework needed, and the student's own study pace all affect how long it takes to finish the fastest master's program.
Usually, it takes 1-2 years to finish the fastest master's program. However, if a program claims that it is the "fastest" online master's program, it may include accredited options that let students finish the degree faster.
While some master's programs can be completed in as little as 12 to 18 months, others may take closer to two years. It's crucial to keep in mind that fast master’s programs could call for students to take on a greater course load or finish schoolwork at a faster rate, which may not be acceptable for everyone.
The time needed to finish a fast master's program can also vary depending on the program's availability, the student's schedule, and whether the program is offered full- or part-time. Before enrolling, it's crucial to conduct extensive research on any master's program and become familiar with its expectations and criteria.
How is the program structured to ensure fast completion?
With the aid of the fastest master's programs, students can finish their degree requirements faster than with conventional programs. These programs are set up in a number of different ways to guarantee quick completion:
- Self-Paced Learning: A few fastest master's programs allow students to study at their own pace to complete their homework. Because there is no set beginning or ending date, students can finish their degree requirements as quickly as they can.
- Condensed Coursework: The fastest master's program might also provide condensed coursework, which condenses the content of a typical course into a shorter amount of time. Students advance through the program faster as a result of being able to finish more courses faster.
- Flexible Scheduling Alternatives: Many fastest master's programs are made to fit around the schedules of working professionals. These alternatives give students the freedom to mix their schoolwork with other obligations. In addition to asynchronous coursework that can be finished whenever it is convenient, this can also involve evening or weekend classes.
- Assessment of past Learning: Some of the fastest master's programs enable students to receive credit for past education and professional experience. This implies that if students can show that they are proficient in a subject, they can skip certain courses or requirements.
While the fastest master's program can assist students in finishing their degree requirements faster, it's vital to remember that they might also call for a greater course load or a more demanding timetable. It's critical to give the program's requirements significant thought and make sure they align with your unique needs and learning preferences.
What are the admission requirements for these fast-paced Master’s programs, and how can I meet them?
The fastest master's program may have different admissions standards based on the school and program. However, a few typical demands are as follows:
- Bachelor's degree: It is often required for admission to a master's program from an authorized school. Additionally, some programs might have GPA requirements or specific course prerequisites.
- Standardized Tests: The GRE or GMAT are often required for admission to several master's programs. However, if the student has relevant job experience or a strong GPA, a certain program may waive these criteria.
- Professional Experience: Applicants to some master's programs may need to have relevant professional experience in their industry. A CV, recommendation letter, or statement of purpose could serve as examples of this.
- Application Materials: Most master's programs ask applicants to provide application materials in addition to the aforementioned prerequisites, such as transcripts, a resume, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.
- Minimum GPA: A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale may be required for admission to some programs. However, if an applicant has relevant job experience or other qualifications, certain programs might accept them even with a lower GPA.
Review the program's prerequisites carefully and make sure you have the required credentials and resources to meet the entrance requirements for a quick-paced master's program. To achieve the criteria of the program, you might need to take additional courses or exams if you are lacking any prerequisites or requirements. Additionally, it's crucial to make sure that your application materials accurately and completely describe your skills and experience.
Do these fast master’s programs require GRE or GMAT for admission?
The fastest master's program may have different admissions standards based on the school and program. While some programs may demand GRE or GMAT scores as part of the admission process, others may not, it depends on the program. It's important to keep in mind, though, that some master's programs advertise themselves as "test-optional," which means that they do not require applicants to submit test results as part of the application process. Instead, when reviewing applications, these programs may place more emphasis on other aspects like employment history, academic accomplishments, and letters of recommendation.
Some of the fastest master's programs that don't demand the GRE or GMAT are:
- The iMBA program at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign offers an accelerated, totally master's in business administration. The GRE or GMAT is not required for enrollment, and the program can be finished in as short as 18 months.
- The MBA program at Northeastern University can be finished in as short as 24 months and does not require GMAT or GRE results. Instead, the program considers a candidate's educational background, professional experience, and other elements including a resume, statement of purpose, and letters of recommendation while evaluating them.
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program offered by Colorado State University Global can be finished in as short as 12 months without the need for GRE or GMAT scores. A resume, statement of purpose and letters of recommendation are required of applicants, who are also examined based on their educational background and professional experience.
- The total Master of Science in Business Analytics program offered by Arizona State University can be finished in as little as 16 months and doesn't require GRE or GMAT results. A resume, statement of purpose and letters of recommendation are required of applicants, who are also examined based on their educational background and professional experience.
- The Master of Public Administration and Policy program at American University is entirely and may be finished in as short as 24 months without the need for GRE or GMAT scores. A resume, statement of purpose and letters of recommendation are required of applicants, who are also examined based on their educational background and professional experience.
It's important to keep in mind that admission standards for accelerated master's programs can change depending on the course and the school.
Can I complete the fastest master’s program online or do I have to attend classes in person?
The fastest master's programs are intended to be finished faster than any other ordinary master’s program, and many of them are offered online to give students who have other commitments like employment or family duties flexibility and convenience. Online course availability, however, may differ based on the program and organization.
Most quick master's programs are delivered in a hybrid model, which mixes online learning with in-person instruction or residency requirements. This structure might be more typical for courses that demand practical training or clinical practice.
To find out whether the program can be completed totally online or whether there are any in-person components that would require you to attend courses or residences in person, it is vital to thoroughly research the program's format and criteria. You can get additional information by contacting the program's admissions office if you have any questions about the prerequisites or format of the program.
Some examples of on-campus fastest master's programs:
- One-Year MBA Programs: Many business schools offer one-year MBA programs, which are designed to be completed in a shorter period of time than traditional two-year MBA programs. These programs typically require students to attend classes on campus full-time for the duration of the program.
- Accelerated Nursing Programs: Accelerated nursing programs are designed for students who already have a bachelor's degree in a field other than nursing. These programs typically take 11-18 months to complete and require students to attend classes on campus full-time.
- One-Year Master's Programs in Education: Some universities offer one-year master's programs in education that are designed for students who already have a bachelor's degree in education or a related field. These programs typically require students to attend classes on campus full-time for one year.
Here are a few examples of the online fastest master's programs:
- Online Master's Programs in Information Technology: Many universities offer fast-paced online master's programs in information technology that can be completed in less time than traditional two-year master's programs. These programs typically require students to complete coursework online and may have additional requirements such as capstone projects or internships.
- Online Master's Programs in Healthcare Administration: Many universities offer fast-paced online master's programs in healthcare administration that can be completed in as little as one year. These programs are designed for students who already have a bachelor's degree in a related field and require students to complete coursework online.
What is the quality of education and how is it ensured in a fast-paced program?
The fast-paced program needs to give students a high-quality education just like traditional programs do, thus institutions go to great lengths to achieve this. Here are a few strategies for ensuring the caliber of instruction in programs that move quickly:
- Strict Curriculum: A fast-paced program's curriculum is frequently more condensed than a typical program's, but that doesn't mean it's any less demanding. By providing hard assignments and demanding academic requirements, institutions try to ensure that students in the fast–paced program obtain the same quality education as those in the traditional program.
- Experienced Faculty: Since fast-paced program frequently shares their faculty with traditional programs, students can benefit from the knowledge of seasoned professors and instructors who are dedicated to offering a top-notch education.
- Accreditation: Institutions go through the accreditation process to make sure that their academic program adheres to strict quality and rigor criteria. Numerous quick-paced programs have received regional or national accreditation from accrediting organizations, indicating that they have completed a thorough examination procedure and satisfy accepted criteria for quality.
- Program Evaluation: Institutions constantly assess their quick-paced program to make sure they're fulfilling students' needs and delivering a top-notch education. These evaluations might involve analyses of student learning outcomes as well as comments from alumni, staff, and students.
- Institutions seek to guarantee that students obtain a high-quality education that will equip them for success in their vocations and generally take the quality of instruction in quick-paced programs seriously.
How are assignments and exams conducted to ensure efficient completion of the program?
Assignments and tests in fast-paced programs are frequently made to be effective and convenient for the students while still guaranteeing that the program's learning objectives are being met. In quick-paced programs, assignments and tests are typically administered in the following ways:
- Online Assignments and Assessments: To allow students to complete coursework on their timetable, many fast-paced programs use online assignments and tests. While online tests may have multiple-choice questions or short answer questions, online assignments may include reading assignments, written assignments, and online discussions.
- Group projects: These are a great way for students to collaborate and finish homework more quickly. Group projects can be used in fast-paced programs to foster collaboration among students and enable them to finish assignments more quickly than they otherwise could.
- Courses that condense a semester's worth of curriculum into a shorter period are referred to as accelerated courses. Although the exams and assignments in these courses may be more frequent, the students are still able to finish the content more rapidly.
What are the job prospects and potential career paths upon completion of the program?
The job prospects and potential career paths upon completion of a fast master's program will vary depending on the specific program and field of study. However, in general, completing a master's degree can open up a range of career opportunities and potentially lead to higher salaries and job satisfaction.
Here are some examples of potential career paths for graduates of fast master's programs in various fields:
- Business: Graduates of a fast master's program in business may be qualified for roles such as marketing manager, financial analyst, business development manager, or human resources manager.
- Healthcare: Graduates of fast master's programs in healthcare may be qualified for roles such as healthcare administrator, clinical research coordinator, public health specialist, or health informatics analyst.
- Technology: Graduates of a fast master's program in technology may be qualified for roles such as software engineer, data scientist, IT project manager, or cybersecurity analyst.
- Education: Graduates of a fast master's program in education may be qualified for roles such as instructional designer, curriculum specialist, education program manager, or academic advisor.
It's important to note that job prospects and career paths will also depend on factors such as location, industry trends, and individual skills and experience. It's always a good idea to research job prospects and talk to professionals in your field of interest to gain a better understanding of potential career paths.
Even with a fast-paced Master’s program, can I do it with my current job?
Fast-paced master's programs are made to be adaptable and fit around working professionals' schedules. In contrast to hybrid programs, which may offer evening or weekend classes to accommodate demanding work schedules, an online program may offer asynchronous coursework that can be completed at any time.
Before registering for a master's program that moves quickly, you should carefully assess your workload and responsibilities. To obtain a clearer idea of the workload and time commitment necessary to successfully complete the program while working, you should also get in touch with the program's admissions office or existing students. Discussing your goals with your employer to see if they can provide any assistance or accommodations for your schooling may also be beneficial.
With careful planning and time management, it is possible to balance a fast-paced master's program with a current job.
Do I still get a Master’s degree even though it is a fast program?
If you fulfill all conditions for graduation, graduating from a fast-paced master's program will still result in you receiving a Master's degree.
Fast-paced master's programs still cover the same material and adhere to the same standards of academic rigor as regular programs, but they are meant to enable students to complete their degrees in less time.
As a result, you will graduate from a fast-paced master's program with a Master's degree that is equally respected and regarded by academic institutions and employers as a degree from a regular program.
How many credits does a fastest online master’s require for completion?
Depending on the particular program and subject of study, a fast online master's program's credit requirements can change. However, to enable quicker completion, a rapid online master's program typically requires fewer credits than the conventional program.
Fast online master's programs normally require between 30-36 credits to complete, though specific credit requirements can vary. Nevertheless, depending on the subject of study and program structure, some programs might demand more or less.
Here are a few examples of fast online master's programs and their credit requirements:
- University of Southern California: The online Master of Public Health program requires 42 credits for completion, which can be completed in as little as 21 months.
- Arizona State University: The online Master of Science in Business Analytics program requires 30 credits for completion and can be completed in as little as 16 months.
- Northeastern University: The online Master of Science in Finance program requires 30 credits for completion and can be completed in as little as 16 months.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign: The online Master of Computer Science program requires 32 credits for completion and can be completed in as little as 20 months.
- Purdue University: The online Master of Science in Communication program requires 30 credits for completion and can be completed in as little as 20 months.
It's important to note that these are just a few examples, and the credit requirements for fast online master's programs can vary widely depending on the program and field of study.
Do Ivy Leagues offer the fastest master’s program?
The renowned and academically demanding programs offered by Ivy League universities are well-known, but whether they provide the quickest master's degrees depends on a number of different aspects. Compared to regular programs, some Ivy League universities may offer master's degrees that are more intensive or expedited. Some of the fastest masters programs offered by Ivy League universities include the 18-month Online Master of Human Resource Management offered by Cornell University, the 12-month online Business Analytics program offered by Harvard University, and the 12-month online MA in Adult Learning and Leadership.
Are the fastest master's degrees accredited?
The accreditation of a master's degree is not always impacted by how quickly you can finish it. A degree program's accreditation is a distinct and important component that guarantees it complies with the strict educational standards and quality standards established by certifying authorities or organizations. Universities often receive accreditation rather than specific degree programs. When a university or college gets accredited, it indicates that overall requirements for academic performance and moral conduct have been assessed and deemed to be met by the institution.
Collegehippo maintains the details of only accredited universities. So, all the universities that are listed on this site are accredited.
What is the fastest cheapest master's degree?
It's very difficult to find the fastest and cheapest master's program offered by accredited universities. Here are some of the fastest master's programs offered at a very affordable rate.
- Western Governors University (WGU): Competency-based education is available via the nonprofit, online WGU. If you have prior knowledge or experience in the field, you may be able to finish your master's degree more quickly thanks to its self-paced programs and low tuition. The average annual master's tuition at WGU is $8,444.
- Georgia Institute of Technology: In comparison to many traditional schools, Georgia Tech's Online Master of Science in Computer Science program is considerably less expensive, and costs only $6,500. It is a program that is well respected by computer science experts.
- Arizona State University (ASU): ASU has a number of reasonably priced online master's degree programs that are tailored for working people. They have several alternatives in a variety of academic disciplines. The online masters programs cost only $543 per credit hour.
Can you get a FAFSA for the fastest master's degree?
All students pursuing a master's degree at an accredited university can apply for FAFSA irrespective of the duration and credits for the program. Remember that the availability of federal financial aid, including grants and loans, may depend on factors such as your financial need, program of study, and enrollment status. Many students pursuing master's degrees, whether in traditional or accelerated programs, rely on FAFSA to help cover their educational expenses.
What is the fastest way to get a master's degree in Library Science?
Students looking to get a Master’s degree in Library Science can get a degree as fast as 12 months through some of the accredited universities. Universities that offer one-year master's degrees in Library Science include the University of Southern Mississippi, Simmons University, and the University of Southern California.
Can you do the fastest master's degree part-time?
Full-time programs can be completed in less duration, whereas the part-time master's degree program takes more time to complete. For example, the online MS in Cybersecurity program offered by Pace University can be completed in 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time, and the online Master of Science in Construction Management offered by the University of Washington has a full-time option that takes 1 year, while part-time students can finish in 3 years.
Fastest Online Master Program in Education
The online master's in education program is designed to help educators stay up to date with the trends and innovations that are happening in the field of education. The program is designed for teachers who are already working on a master’s degree but it is open to all who are interested in the subject matter.
When deciding how long it will take to complete an online Master's degree in Education, several variables must be taken into account. These include both what type of program is selected and how many classes are taken each semester, as well as one's individual workload and availability. Here are some fastest online master programs in Education listed below:
The 30-credit Online M.A. in Education - Curriculum and Instruction program will provide the higher education that a student needs to become a transformational figure, not only in their students’ lives but their fellow educators’ as well. This 100% program can be completed in just 12 months at a cost of $450 cost per credit.
The University of Virginia offers one of the fastest online Masters in Education that can be completed in 12 to 36 months, depending upon the pace of the student. The 30-credit M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction is a 100% online program that teaches students research-based strategies and best practices for developing effective instructional programs, through top-ranked curriculum and top-tier faculty, in an interactive flexible online experience.
Youngstown State University located in Ohio offers one of the fastest Master of Science degrees in Educational administration that can be completed in 12 months. This is a 30-credit M.S.Ed. In Educational Administration, an online degree program prepares students to meet the needs of their students and the educational community while adapting to a dynamically changing educational environment. The total cost of this 12-month program is $12,450
The 33-credit non-licensure Master of Education in Educational Leadership and Management online program expands students' skills as educators and administrators while delivering curriculum in an accelerated online format to meet their needs as working professionals. This 12-month program can be completed at a cost of $12,705.
Fastest Online Master Program in History
A Masters degree in History can take 2 years to complete but for students looking to get a Masters degree in History, there are programs that can be completed in 12-18 months. With an online master's degree in History, students can get a deep understanding of the human journey across thousands of years of recorded history. It’s a broad history major, and as such students get a lot of exposure to how different cultures have evolved and changed over time through events, philosophies, and wars. Here are some online master programs in history that can be completed in less than 18 months.
The EWU’s 100% online Master of Arts in History can prepare students for a wide range of roles, including archivist, curator, history writer, genealogist, political scientist, historian, or history teacher. Through this 45-credit online MA program, students learn to demonstrate knowledge mastery of the critical events/conversations within defined historical fields, frame discussions, and analyze a variety of views and perspectives of historical events. This program can be completed in just 8 months at a total cost of $13,500.
For those interested in truly understanding history, this 33-credit online master's in history program can provide students with a greater comprehension of how our past shapes our future. Analyzing historical scholarship, writing effectively, and recognizing how events from long ago inform current decisions are just some of what students will learn while enrolled. This program can be completed in just 15 months at a cost of $637 per credit.
The 36-credit online master's degree in history can open doors for a variety of opportunities, and one student's path may diverge greatly from another's. The 9 credit hours of foundational coursework required for this adaptable online master's in history program can help students develop the abilities they need to be successful in the study of history. This program can be completed on an average of 1.5 years (18 months) at a cost of $565 per credit hour.
Fastest Online Master Program in Law
Online Master's Programs in Law are now a reality for students who wish to pursue an advanced degree and a career in the legal field. These degrees are a great option for students who live in remote areas, require flexibility in scheduling, or have non-traditional schedules. Completing a Master's in Law (LL.M.) online typically takes 1 to 2 years, depending on the program's structure and your course load. Here are some online master programs in history that can be completed in just 12 months.
The online MLS degree is intended for professionals who often deal with the law, its contracts, legal papers, or regulations but are not interested in representing clients in court. This adaptable curriculum also offers certificates and industry-specific specializations for positions that need specialized legal knowledge in fields like business, healthcare, compliance, finance, or cybersecurity. This online MLS program can be completed in as little as 12 months.
The 30-unit Master of Legal Studies degree program at Trinity provides students with the background they need to comprehend legal documents, procedures, and rights with assurance. The curriculum is taught from a uniquely Christian perspective. The program can be completed for a duration of 12-20 months at a cost of $750 per unit.
The 100% online LLM program positions students to take advantage of Northeastern University’s global network and prepares them to assume leadership positions in law and business across the globe. NU enables students to enhance their training with an optional one-week legal immersion experience in the San Francisco Bay Area. This online 24-credit program can be finished in as little as 12 months by students.
The Juris Master’s online degree program is uniquely designed with professionals in mind, so students can become better equipped to serve the people and organizations that matter to them most. This 100% online 30-credit hours program can be completed on an average of 12 months.
Fastest Online Masters Program in Economics
The Online Masters Program in Economics, renowned for its swift completion, is meticulously designed for individuals seeking an in-depth exploration of economic concepts, theories, and real-world applications in a condensed manner. Leveraging state-of-the-art online tools, engaging interactive modules, and pertinent case studies, the program ensures students acquire a profound grasp of economics in minimal time. It stands as an ideal choice for professionals looking to enhance their qualifications, pivot their careers, or delve deeper into the intricacies of global economic patterns, seamlessly blending flexibility with academic excellence.
The online Master of Arts in Economics is a 12-month program at the University of Detroit Mercy that offers a versatile education with both theoretical and practical concentrations. It has received recognition in various rankings, making it a valuable choice. Graduates are well-prepared for diverse career opportunities in the private sector, non-profits, education, industry, and government.
The WVU John Chambers College of Business and Economics offers a fully online Master of Science degree in Economics, consisting of 30 credit hours and achievable within 12 months. This program equips graduates with advanced quantitative skills, enabling them to analyze complex policy matters using modern data analysis and econometric techniques.
The Purdue University - Krannert Online MS Economics (MSE) program offers instruction in analytic and quantitative methods for assessing and predicting various economic and business factors, including stock markets, pricing, production, growth, employment, inflation, and welfare. This online program allows students to earn a Master of Science degree in Economics (MSE) in just 12 months, requiring a total of 30 credit hours, with 14 credits dedicated to required courses.
SNHU offers an online master's in economics program that covers various economic theories and emphasizes the analysis of economic factors and resource optimization. The program encompasses microeconomics, macroeconomics, and econometric theory, with a total of 36 credits. Students can complete it in as little as 15 months or at their own pace, with a cost of $637 per credit.
Fastest Online Masters Program in Psychology
The Fastest Online Masters Program in Psychology provides students with an expedited route to earn their master's degree without the extended duration typical of conventional programs. Tailored for driven individuals eager for in-depth knowledge in a shorter span, this program utilizes cutting-edge technology for optimal content delivery. Emphasizing core subjects and promoting rigorous study techniques, students can finish their studies faster than in traditional settings.
Capella University offers an online MS in Psychology, Sport Psychology program that equips students to support individuals in sports through various psychological challenges. The program covers human behavior, learning theory, and analytical techniques to maximize athlete potential. With the flexible FlexPath option, you can complete the degree in as little as 15 months for under $18,000, requiring either 29 program points in FlexPath or 58 program credits in GuidedPath.
The online MA in Psychology program at Pepperdine's Graduate School of Education and Psychology offers a comprehensive overview of human behavior and psychology's core principles. The program, centered on a clinical framework, provides in-depth exposure to psychological theory and practice through online coursework. Students will develop expertise in psychological diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of mental and emotional disorders. This program, comprising 36–48 units, can be finished in 18–24 months.
The online Master of Science in Psychology with a life coaching emphasis at GCU is designed for modern learners, offering flexibility to accommodate existing professional commitments. Students engage in lively discussions with peers holding diverse perspectives and learn from highly qualified instructors. This program consists of 36 total credits and can be completed in just 12 months, with online courses typically spanning 8 weeks.
The Touro University Worldwide's online Master of Arts in Psychology program is designed to enhance knowledge and expertise in psychology across various professional contexts. This 100% online program covers a range of topics including research methods, cognitive psychology, social psychology, personality, learning theory, and ethical practice. It offers opportunities to refine skills through case studies related to psychological theories and methods. The program consists of 36 credits and can be completed in as little as 12 months by taking two courses per term for six consecutive terms.
Fastest Online Masters Program in Nursing and Medical Informatics/ Healthcare Informatics
The Online Masters Program in Nursing and Medical Informatics/Healthcare Informatics is tailored for professionals aiming to integrate their healthcare knowledge with the latest in information technology. This cross-disciplinary program offers a concise curriculum, reflecting the evolving nature of the healthcare sector and highlighting the use of technology in patient care, data handling, and healthcare system processes. Designed for rapid completion, its online structure ensures that nurses and healthcare practitioners can advance their education without sidelining their current positions.
A Master of Science in Nursing Informatics (MSN) program at Capella focuses on the influence of health informatics on patient care, cost management, change management, and operational efficiencies. The curriculum covers strategic planning, decision-making, and clinical project management. The degree can be completed with 27 program points in FlexPath or 54 program credits in GuidedPath, including seven core courses, four specialization courses, and two practicum experiences. Using FlexPath, you can earn your MSN in as little as 14 months at a cost of under $15,000.
Liberty University offers a 100% online Master of Science in Nursing Informatics program that equips nursing professionals to design solutions addressing community healthcare needs, improve healthcare outcomes, and collaborate with stakeholders. This 36-credit program can be finished in just 18 months, teaching students to create informatics strategies, synthesize data, and promote a culture of safety and quality within legal and ethical guidelines.
Southern New Hampshire University offers a Master of Science (MS) in Health Information Management (HIM) program designed to equip professionals with leadership, critical thinking, communication, and problem-solving skills for leadership and management roles in HIM. This online master's program serves as an excellent continuation for graduates of the bachelor's in health information management or individuals seeking to advance their healthcare expertise. The online program comprises 36 credits and can be completed in 15 months at a cost of $637 per credit.
The M.S. in Health Informatics, a 36-credit program, enables individuals to drive change in the evolving field of health informatics. It equips students to apply their data analysis skills to inform decision-making, enhance efficiency, and ultimately elevate patient care and outcomes. This entirely online degree can be completed in just 12 months.
Fastest Online Masters Program in Artificial Intelligence
The Fastest Online Masters Program in Artificial Intelligence offers an expedited educational journey tailored for individuals eager to delve deep into AI without the extended commitment of conventional master's programs. Through a dynamic online platform, the program delivers a thorough curriculum covering fundamental AI principles, methods, and uses, all while providing students the latitude to progress at a pace that suits them.
Duke University offers a specialized Online Master of Engineering in Artificial Intelligence program that equips students with technical expertise, product design insights, and practical experience. This 30-credit degree program can be finished in just 12 months and is available both online and on-campus, providing a pathway to become a leader in applying machine learning across various industries.
The Campbellsville University Online Master of Science in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence degree program is a STEM-focused program that teaches students to apply AI and machine learning to address real-world challenges. It helps students identify AI-appropriate problems using data science and optimize their chances of success. The program offers flexibility with interactive online classes, unrestricted access to course materials, and opportunities for discussions with instructors and peers. Students can complete this program in just one year.
The University of San Diego offers an innovative online AI master's degree program aimed at training AI professionals. The program focuses on real-world applications, ethics, privacy, moral responsibility, and social impact in AI system design. It consists of 30 units, can be completed in 20 months, costs $925 per unit, and spans five semesters with two courses per semester, each lasting seven weeks. It is one of the few 100% online master's in artificial intelligence programs in the nation.
Fastest Online Masters Program in Political Science
Dive swiftly and deeply into the realm of political structures, theories, and practices with the Fastest Online Masters Program in Political Science. This accelerated program, meticulously crafted for driven students and busy professionals, offers a harmonious blend of theoretical acumen and actionable insights into the ever-evolving canvas of political science. With a curriculum that is not only robust and relevant but also sharply focused, participants are primed to navigate through intricate political landscapes, partake in current debates actively, and cultivate an advanced comprehension of political strategy and policy scrutiny.
Eastern Illinois University offers a flexible M.A. program that allows students to complete it in 12 months with the option of taking a full course load in two semesters and one summer or taking one course per semester. The university provides accessibility through on-campus, email/video-chat, and phone communication, offering equal mentoring and opportunities for both online and face-to-face students.
Liberty University offers a 36-credit online master's degree in political science that provides a rigorous and comprehensive study of politics. This program helps develop essential skills for a career as a political scientist, encourages critical thinking about politics, and can be completed in 18 months, preparing graduates to become ethical leaders in the field.
Fastest Online Masters Program in Cybersecurity
The Online Masters Program in Cybersecurity provides a rapid route for professionals and budding cyber experts to gain deep insights and skills in cyber defense. In response to the escalating digital threats and the surging need for cybersecurity specialists, this program is designed for individuals eager to fast-track their education while maintaining a rigorous and quality learning experience. Through a versatile online platform, students can delve into course content, immerse themselves in virtual labs, and interact with top-tier cybersecurity professionals, all from their own living spaces.
The online master's degree in cybersecurity from Maryville University of Saint Louis offers a unique opportunity to advance beyond the limitations of a bachelor's degree in the field. This program, which can be completed in as little as 12 months, is part of the John E. Simon School of Business and focuses on developing both technical and interpersonal skills. It prepares students for leadership roles in cybersecurity, including positions in management and the C-suite, enabling them to integrate cybersecurity strategies into overall business operations.
Pace University offers a 100% online MS in Cybersecurity program designed to equip students with the skills to combat emerging cyber threats. The curriculum combines theoretical and practical knowledge, fostering strong problem-solving skills. Students engage in virtual labs and project-based learning to apply their information security knowledge. This 30-credit-hour program can be completed in 1 year full-time or 2 years part-time.
St. Thomas University offers a 100% online Master of Business Administration program with a Cyber Security Management concentration. This 36-credit MBA equips students with the skills to safeguard IT assets from threats and attacks, applicable across various business settings. The program covers software and internet law, news misappropriation, and network neutrality. Additionally, students learn to develop security programs, implement information security strategies, and focus on risk management, business continuity, training, and awareness. This online MBA can be completed in 12 months for a total cost of $20,520.
The online M.S. in Cybersecurity at WilmU offers a comprehensive program focused on offensive security tactics. It can be completed entirely online, allowing you to maintain your current job. You can finish the degree in as little as one year, with a curriculum comprising 12 courses and 36 total credits. This program prepares you for a high-demand career in cybersecurity.
Fastest Online Masters Program in Construction Management
The Online Masters Program in Construction Management, renowned for its swift completion time, caters to professionals eager to elevate their careers in the construction sector. With its efficient curriculum and adaptable online format, the program ensures students can master key concepts, skills, and industry best practices even amidst hectic schedules. The curriculum delves into areas such as project management, cost estimation, advanced construction technologies, safety guidelines, and relevant legal aspects.
The University of Washington offers an online Master of Science in Construction Management program tailored for working professionals. This unique program equips students with the technical expertise and management skills required to lead large-scale infrastructure construction projects. The flexibility of online learning allows students to complete the program on their own schedule and location. The full-time option takes 1 year, while part-time students can finish in 3 years.
The Master of Construction Management program is designed for professionals with various undergraduate degrees and is offered both on-campus and online. It equips students with a comprehensive understanding of current theories and practices in the real estate and construction industry. Graduates are prepared for leadership roles and can pursue careers in general contracting, real estate development, subcontracting, construction management, and architectural engineering. The program offers full-time completion in 18 months or part-time completion in 30 months.
Southern New Hampshire University offers an online Master of Science (MS) in Management with a concentration in Construction Management program. This program, consisting of 36 credits, provides real-world expertise and project management skills essential to employers in the field. It emphasizes the planning and management of various construction aspects, covering topics like estimating, budgeting, materials, and methods. The program can be completed in as little as 15 months.
The Online Master of Science in Construction Management (MSCM) program, offered by the College of Architecture and Environmental Design (CAED), prepares professionals for leadership roles in integrated projects within the architecture-engineering-construction (AEC) industry. This program provides thesis and non-thesis options, consisting of 35 semester credit hours, and can be completed in 18-24 months for full-time students.
George Washington University Online Masters degree in 12 Months
George Washington University is a private University, which is ranked as #54 in Best National University. Situated in Washington, D.C., a hub of national and global activity, George Washington University is dedicated to excellence in furnishing relevant knowledge. GWU strives for a vibrant university community with students as its central focus while encouraging cultural and intellectual interchange within an environment of honesty, ingenuity, and receptiveness to new concepts.
One Year Online Masters program offered by George Washington University are:
- Online Master of Business Administration (MBA): The Online Master of Business Administration program at the GW School of Business (GWSB) is highly influenced by our Washington, D.C. location, where the private, public and NGO sectors meet and interact.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH): There are various program alternatives for the MPH at GW to meet your specific requirements. The curriculum can be finished in as little as a year, and students can choose between full-time and part-time study choices.
- Online Master of Science in Cybersecurity Strategy and Information Management: The 16-month hybrid program examines issues related to risk, policy, practice, and intelligence-led cyber defense, to create the next generation of cybersecurity’s strategic leaders.
- Online Master of Professional Studies in Homeland Security: In addition to a cutting-edge graduate curriculum in homeland security studies that explores national and international security policies and practices in the public and private sectors, this 16-month program offers a thorough, all-encompassing view of present and emerging threats.
- Online Master of Human Resource Management (MHRM): Graduates of this 18-month program will have the knowledge and abilities necessary to succeed in a field critical to the operation and accomplishment of businesses of all sizes.
- Online Master of Science in Management (MiM): This 12-month program, which combines core coursework with a flexible selection of graduate certificate courses that serve as your electives, is the ideal illustration of GWSB's creative approach to graduate education.
- Online Master of Science in Project Management (MSPM): This 12-month hybrid curriculum uses a systems-oriented approach to project management and focuses on both hard skills (such as project management analytics) and soft skills (which equip our graduates to handle risk management, make challenging decisions, and lead project teams).
- Online Master of Science in Sport Management: Students who complete this 18-month program are prepared for executive roles in collegiate athletics, professional teams and leagues, sports marketing, player representation, sports journalism, sports analytics, and event and facility management.
Ivy League - Cornell University Online Masters degree in 12 Months
Consistently ranked as the 15th best National University, the private Ivy League school of land-grant research, known as Cornwell University, is a prestigious institution based in Ithaca, New York. Composed of a main Ithaca campus that houses seven individual colleges and divisions each with its own admissions expectations and academic curriculum. Moreover, there are three additional satellite campuses located across two cities in New York state as well as the Education City region in Qatar.
One Year Online Master’s program offered by Cornell University are:
- Online Master of Human Resource Management: This 15-month hybrid program provides students with advanced knowledge and skills they need to move into senior HR roles and enable them to develop and execute human capital strategy on a global scale.
- Online Master of Health Administration (M.H.A.): For healthcare professionals who want an Ivy League education without sacrificing flexibility, Cornell Brooks offers a CAHME-accredited 18-month Executive MHA program. It is one of a kind, offering students with busy schedules access to quality instruction through online learning.
- Online Executive Master of Management in Hospitality (EMMH): This 20-month EMMH program is delivered by the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration faculty and combines interactive online courses with residential sessions in Ithaca and New York City.
- Online Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA): This interdisciplinary, 18-month hybrid program from an Ivy League school is geared toward working professionals who want to further their public affairs careers and build new networks.
Fastest Online Masters programs in University of Florida
University of Florida (UF) is one of the oldest universities in Florida. It has a rich history and is known for its commitment to academic excellence and research. UF is located in Gainesville, Florida. It consistently ranks among the top public universities in the United States.
UF's online Master's programs are designed to accommodate working professionals and individuals with busy schedules. They offer a convenient and flexible way to earn a graduate degree from a reputable institution. UF offers online Master's programs in business, education, engineering, healthcare, information technology, and more. Some examples include online Master of Business Administration (MBA), online Master of Education (M.Ed.), and online Master of Science in Computer Engineering.
One Year Online Masters program offered by University of Florida are:
- Master of Business Management: The University of Florida's Warrington College of Business provides two MBA program options: a 16-month accelerated program designed for recent business graduates or students in the Outreach Engineering Management (OEM) program, and a standard 24-month program. The 16-month option offers a quicker path to earning an MBA at UF and is specifically tailored for those with recent business degrees.
- Online Master of Science in Microbiology & Cell Science: The MS in Microbiology & Cell Science with a concentration in Medical Microbiology and Biochemistry is a 30-credit online master's program that offers flexibility with asynchronous elements. Students can complete it at their own pace from anywhere, and it can be finished in as little as 12 months.