Harvard UniversityRanked 2 in Best National University.
The application asks for biographical information, information their previous eductaional background, transcripts, GRE general test scores, a personal statement, and 3 letters of recommendation.
The Harvard University does not use a cutoff for GRE scores. The university take a holistic view of the application and consider GRE scores in the context of everything else provided in the application materials.
Yale UniversityRanked 3 in Best National University.
Statistics and Data Science
All applications for admission should be submitted online directly to the Yale Graduate School Office of Admissions.
All applications must include the GRE general scores and, for persons whose native language is not English, TOEFL scores (unless you obtained your undergraduate degree with at least 3-years in residence at an English-language program). The GRE subject test is not required for the M.A. program.
Neither the Graduate School nor the Statistics Department has minimum required GRE or TOEFL scores for admission, but very low scores do typically decrease the chances of admission.
Almost all students in the terminal M.A. program are self-supported, either by personal funds or by outside fellowships.
Unlike at some universities, there is no automatic admission into the Ph.D. program for students who complete the terminal M.A. degree; a completely new application is required.
Master of Science in Analytics
Unofficial GRE or GMAT score report
Submit GRE test scores. Please note that ETS will not report GRE scores that are than five years old. The university will also accept GMAT scores in place of the GRE General Test.
Although applicant can send us their GRE scores later, if applicant haven’t already done so, the university recommend scheduling a GRE test date online as soon as possible.
Information and Data Science
The UC Berkeley School of Information seeks students with the academic abilities to meet the demands of a rigorous graduate program.
To be eligible to apply to the Master of Information and Data Science program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
1. A bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent from an accredited institution.
2. Superior scholastic record, normally well above a 3.0 GPA.
3. Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores.
4. A high level of quantitative ability as demonstrated by scores in the top 15 percent in the Quantitative section of either the GRE or GMAT, five years of technical work experience, or significant work experience that demonstrates your quantitative abilities.
5. A high level of analytical reasoning ability and a problem-solving mindset as demonstrated in academic and/or professional performance.
6. A working knowledge of fundamental concepts including: data structures, algorithms and analysis of algorithms, and linear algebra.
7. Programming proficiency as demonstrated by prior work experience or advanced coursework. (For example: Python, Java, or R.)
8. The ability to communicate effectively, as demonstrated by strong scores in the Verbal and Writing sections of either the GRE or GMAT, academic performance, or professional experience.
9. A Statement of Purpose that clearly indicates professional career goals and reasons for seeking the degree.
10. Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores for applicants whose academic work has been in a country other than the US, UK, Australia, or English-speaking Canada.
Admission to the Fifth Year Master of Information and Data Science program requires that the applicant complete their undergraduate education at UC Berkeley in the year prior to starting the program. **Consequently, applicants are not required to submit GRE or GMAT scores**. However, applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation and additional short answer essays.
Data Science for Public Policy
Official GRE or GMAT Scores
Students must earn at least a B average in order to graduate.
— School of Data Science
There is no predetermined minimum required GRE score.
The University of Virginia-Main Campus does not make average GRE scores available, but in the past, admitted students typically had scores of at least 80th percentile on the quantitative section and 60th percentile on the verbal section. Please keep in mind that the GRE is only one part of the application.
Applicant must self-report either their GRE, or GMAT, or MCAT scores on the application.
If applicant wish to have their official GMAT scores sent, request that GMAC send an official score report to UVA, searching University of Virginia and then selecting Data Science as the program.
Not generally, but the university can use an old GMAT GRE score even if ETS will no longer issue a report, provided applicant have a copy of the score report.
MS in Spatial Data Science
Applicants to this program are expected to have a previous degree in science, technology, engineering, math or a related social science with at least a 3.0 overall GPA and satisfactory GRE Test results.
A minimum of 32 units with an overall cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 is required for the Master of Science in Spatial Data Science.
A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for graduation.
GRE General Test: Satisfactory and valid test scores. Valid GRE scores must be dated within five years of the start of the intended application semester.
Tufts UniversityRanked 27 in Best National University.
Application Deadline for Spring is September 15 and for Fall is December 15
Application Requirements are:
1. Application Fee
3. Personal Statement
4. Official GRE scores
(i)GRE not required for current Tufts undergraduates applying to the M.S. degree program
(ii) GRE scores may be waived for part-time students with five years of industry experience who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
5. Official TOEFL or IELTS, if applicable
7. Three letters of Recommendation
PhD in Data Science NYU Center
The New York University does not accept GMAT scores.
The GRE is required for the application.
Goergen Institute for Data Science
All parts of the GRE are important.
Master of Science in Analytics Georgia Institute of Technology
Interest in analytics, and a high level of ability that has been demonstrated within past performance on appropriate coursework and or industry experience as well as standardized testing .
Data Science and Engineering
Please The GRE is ONLY recommended for those with less than two years of work experience. If applicant have than two years of work experience, applicant do NOT need to report GRE scores as they will not affect their application. The university will not provide any information regarding average GRE scores of admitted students.
Online Master of Computer Science in Data Science
Applicants should hold a 4-year bachelor's degree (or equivalent). Students with a bachelor’s degree in a field other than CS are encouraged to apply, but to succeed in graduate-level CS courses, they must have prerequisite coursework or commensurate experience in object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, linear algebra, and statistics/probability. Applicants without this can strengthen their application for admission by passing the optional Data Structures Proficiency Exam. The recommended undergraduate GPA for applicants applying to the Professional Master's program is a 3.2/4.0 or higher. The Department of Computer Science does not require GRE scores for any of its graduate programs. Applications for the MCS do not require letters of recommendation, but will be considered if included, especially if used to justify experience in lieu of required coursework, or other irregularities.
All applications materials, including the application fee, must be received by the posted deadline.
The university's application fee is $70 for US citizens and permanent residents and $90 for all other applicants.
Illinois Computer Science will not not require submission of official transcripts during the initial applications review process. Applicants will be required to submit official credentials (transcripts, academic records, diplomas, certificates of degrees, etc.) only if they are recommended for admission to the Graduate College at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Applicants recommended for admission will be required to submit their official transcripts directly to the Graduate College.
Applicants to the PhD and MS with thesis programs are required to have three letters of recommendation submitted. Applicants to the MCS program are not required to have letters of recommendation, but letters will be considered if included, especially if used to justify experience in lieu of required coursework, or other irregularities.
The statement of purpose is part of the online application form. This statement should include your goals and background as it relates to the field of computer science. It is good to include any past work history, your interests, and reasons for pursuing a graduate degree in computer science.
CV/resume must be submitted as a part of the online application form.
**The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general aptitude tests (Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical) and subject test scores are recommended, but not required. In some cases, the scores may provide helpful supporting information. **
English proficiency requirements. This applies to all applicants whose native language is not English, including permanent residents of the US.
Engineering Data Analytics
Admission requirements for the Master of Engineering: Applied Computing and Engineering Data Analytics program are listed below.
Exceptions to standard admission requirements are considered by the admissions committee on an individual basis.
A minimum grade-point average of 3.00 on the equivalent of the last 60 semester hours or a master’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00. All GPAs are based on a 4.00 scale.
The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 580 on the written version, 243 on the computer version, or 92 on the Internet version.
Equivalency to an ABET accredited program: Applicants who do not hold a bachelor’s degree from an ABET accredited program may also qualify for admission to the program. Such applicants must have a BS in science, technology, or a related field with sufficient coursework and professional experience to demonstrate proficiency in engineering practice OR at least 16 credits of math and science coursework.
The admissions process has been designed to conduct a holistic review of your likelihood of success in the program.
To start the process, please read the admission requirements to determine your eligibility. This e-mail should include a copy of your current resume and informal transcripts.
Applications are accepted for admission during the Fall term. Admission is competitive and selective.
Upload a pdf version of your current resume CV.
Once completed, your application will be presented to the Admissions Committee for evaluation at the next scheduled meeting.
Admission decisions are made on applications in the order received. The Admissions committee will make one of the following decisions:.
After a decision has been made on your application, the admissions committee chair will contact you by email to inform you of the decision and to schedule a time to discuss the decision and your next steps.
The Graduate School is the formal admitting office for graduate students and retains ultimate authority on all admissions decisions.
If accepted into the program, arrange to have one copy of your final official transcripts sent directly from your previous educational institution to the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Master of Data Science Online
Applicants who meet the priority deadline will be significantly more likely to receive the results of their admissions decisions than applicants who apply by the regular deadline.
$65 for US-based applicants and $90 for international applicants.
Admissions take into consideration the following items: undergraduate GPA, a relevant field of study, competitive GRE scores, work experience, a statement of purpose, TOEFL score (if applicable) and letters of recommendation (optional).
A typical candidate will have a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree in statistics, computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, electrical engineering or similar.
An atypical candidate will have a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree in an unrelated field but will have a passion for data science and be able to show their functional use of the topic through work experience. This information will need to be conveyed on an applicant’s CV and in their personal statement.
**As a temporary accommodation in response to COVID-19, the GRE requirement will be waived for all applicants for the spring 2021, summer 2021, fall 2021, and spring 2022 semesters. Students may continue to submit official GRE scores for consideration, but they will not be required to do so. GRE scores when provided, will continue to serve as just one of the many factors considered in our review of a student’s application.**
International applicants who are from a country where English is the only official language are exempt from this requirement. Additionally, applicants are exempt from the requirement if they possess a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. institution or an institution in a country where English is the only official language. The requirement is not waived for applicants who have earned a master’s—but not a bachelor’s—degree from a similar institution.
Fordham UniversityRanked 58 in Best National University.
M.S. in Data Science Admissions Information Requirements
Official Graduate Record Examination Scores: Due to the impact of COVID-19 on standardized testing, GRE scores are optional for the M.S. program for the 2020-2021 admissions cycle.
Online Masters in Data Science Degree
GRE waivers are available for students with three or years of professional experience.
M.S. in Applied Data Science Checklist
The University is working with all of our students to ensure that you can pursue graduate study and position yourself for a successful career in these uncertain times.
All application materials are required unless otherwise noted.
1. Graduate Program Application:Students can apply to the on-campus program using the Graduate Program Application. Students will receive an email from Syracuse University when your application has been received and processed.
2. $75 Non-refundable Application Fee:The non-refundable application fee is $75. (Please include a check or money order payable to Syracuse University. Do not send cash.)
3. 3. Academic Credentials: One (1) copy of records of all previous postsecondary education. You do not need to send transcripts from secondary schools as part of this application. The university can consider your application with unofficial transcripts, but we recommend that you send official transcripts. If you choose to submit an unofficial transcript, all offers of admission from Syracuse University are conditional pending receipt of official academic credentials showing that a U.S. bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) has been conferred upon you.
4. Personal Statement: The personal statement is a statement of your general academic plans, personally written by you, the applicant. Submit as an uploaded word-processing document through the Embark application. The statement must be with approximately 500 words
5. Two (2) Letters of Recommendation: The School of Information Studies requires two letters of recommendation for applicants to the master's programs. Our requirement of two letters of recommendation is different from the general Syracuse University Graduate School requirement of three letters of recommendation.
6. Exam Scores:
(a)GRE General Exam score:
(I)GRE General Exam scores are required for all applicants. However, for the following groups, **GRE General Exam scores are recommended, but not required:
(i)Graduates of a Syracuse University undergraduate program
(ii)Applicants who have graduated with an undergraduate degree from an accredited U.S educational institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher
(iii)Applicants who have completed another graduate program from an accredited U.S. educational institution
(iv)Applicants to a Fast Track Accelerated Degree program
(v)Applicants under the partnership between the iSchool and the U.S. Army Signal Center
(vi)If you fall under any of the above groups, email Bridget Crary (firstname.lastname@example.org) after you have submitted your application. Bridget will confirm that you do not need to submit GRE scores.
(II)We can accept GMAT or LSAT scores in lieu of GRE scores, although GRE General Exam scores are preferred.
(III)Applicants seeking scholarships and awards are recommended to submit GRE scores.
(b)Official TOEFL or IELTS score (international applicants only):
(I)All international applications are required to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score. You may submit one score or the other; you do not need to submit both.
(II)If you have completed an advanced degree taught at an accredited U.S. educational institution, it is possible to waive the TOEFL/IELTS score requirement. Email email@example.com to confirm if you are eligible to waive the TOEFL/IELTS requirement.
(III)International applicants whose native language is English, or, who are citizens of English-speaking countries are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
7. Resume or Curriculum Vitae: A copy of your up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae (CV) is required.
8. Video Submissions (optional): The video submission is an optional component of our application and is not required, but it helps the admissions committee get to know you personally and the content should be similar to a personal statement. Your video should be two to five minutes in duration.
9. Financial Documents: All admitted international applicants must show evidence of having secured sufficient funding for at least the first year of graduate study in order for Syracuse University to issue your visa eligibility document (also known as an I-20), which is required in order to have your student visa authorized. Your financial documents have no bearing on your consideration for scholarships or awards. Program application reviewers do not have access to view your financial documents. Applicants who choose to submit financial statements after an offer of admission is made may experience processing and delivery delays that can impact the receipt of the I-20 and the schedule of your visa appointment.
Spatial Data Science Graduate Certificate
To be considered for admission into the Spatial Data Science Graduate Certificate program, applicant must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Online Graduate Programs
GRE or GMAT scores are required for International Students Only.
Analytics Data Science (Hybrid Online)
Technical Analytics: A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, or related degree, with a GPA of at least 3.0 and the GRE
Finance Analytics: A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Business Management, Economics, Financial Economics, Business Intelligence, or related degrees with a GPA of at least 3.0 and the GRE
Health Informatics: A bachelor’s degree in Biology, PreMed, Psychology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related degrees with a GPA of at least 3.0 and the GRE