University of Virginia School of Engineering and Applied Science
The university take the university GPA cutoff seriously, however, the application review committee considers their entire application package. Applicant may also want to address the reason for their low GPA in their statement of purpose.
Advanced Certificate in Museum Studies
The general test of the Graduate Record Examination is recommended.
Critical curatorial studies admissions
Applicants for admission to the MFA program must meet the general requirements for admission to graduate study, hold a BA or BFA, and have completed one year of Twentieth-Century Art History (students who have not completed this will be required to do so as part of their graduate studies). Application materials must be submitted by March 1.
Applications to the MFA in Art with a Concentration in Critical & Curatorial Studies must include the following:
1. 1. Letter of Intent. The Letter of Intent should address the seriousness of applicants' intentions, experience, and motivation to enter the Critical & Curatorial Studies program. Applicants must clearly state what they want to study and what their research focus will be. Applicants must further summarize their college and/or professional experience, and conclude with what intellectual and professional contributions they wish to make in their fields of study upon completion of the degree. Length: 1000 words.
2. Writing Sample. The Writing Sample allows the admissions committee to access applicants' ability to craft an argument that is founded upon thorough research of a given topic. It may be a publication; a college paper that reflects excellence in applicants' field of study is also acceptable. Length: variable.
3. Proposed project. Applicants should imagine what a final project might be in their final year of study in the program. While this section of the application is in no way a "contract" for the thesis, it allows the admissions committee to assess the seriousness and preparedness of applicants' research. The proposal could be an exhibition, conference, critical writing pursuit, etc. Length: 1000 words.
4. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
5. One copy of unofficia transcripts from the Undergraduate institution(s) attended by the applicant. Do not send official transcripts. Official transcripts will be requested if and when applicant is admitted and decide to attend UCI.
*Please note that the Personal History Statement is not required; when prompted by the system, enter "Not Required." However, if you are admitted to the program and would like to be considered to receive Recruitment Fellowship funds, a Personal History Statement is necessary.
GRE is not required.
TOEFL is required for foreign applicants, with exceptions.
Application Process-Museum Studies
Information for applying to the master of arts (M.A.) degree program in museum studies is listed below.
1. To be considered for merit-based awards, please submit your application by February 1
2. Online application.
3. Three letters of recommendation.
4. Unofficial transcript uploaded to the online application. If you are admitted, an official, degree-bearing transcript must be mailed to the University.
5. Personal statement/essay.
6. Academic writing sample.
8. A non-refundable application fee of $75.
9. The GRE is not required, but scores will be reviewed if submitted.
10. The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is required of all graduate applicants whose native language is not English.
The minimum IELTS score is 6.5 for all programs.
Museum and Heritage Studies
The minimum GPA is a cumulative 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for all graduate coursework undertaken.
Drexel UniversityRanked 95 in Best National University.
Online Master’s in Arts Administration
The following are required for the admission in Museum Studies:
1. GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the GPA).
2. Essay (minimum 800 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of.
3. Resume demonstrating a strong affinity for the arts, cultural and creative sector through work, volunteer experiences, education, or special training.
Individual graduate programs may have priority consideration deadlines. Applicants are advised to contact the graduate programs for such dates.
Applicants who apply after the application deadlines MUST consult with the graduate programs before submitting an application. Application fees are non-refundable and may not be used for an application submitted at a later date.
Official GRE scores must be sent directly to Graduate Division Student Services.
TOEFL or IELTS is required of most applicants who are non-native speakers of English. Official TOEFL or IELTS scores must be sent directly to Graduate Division Student Services.
GPA of 3.20 or better in the most recent two years of BA postbaccalaureate study.
GRE scores with a qualitative score of 156 or better and an analytical writing score of 4.5 or better. GRE scores must be current, taken within five years of the semester applicant wish to apply. No test substitutions for the GRE are allowed.
In Academic History section, opt out of transcript entry and GPA entry.
Scores for the Qualitative and Analytical Writing sections are viewed in relation to their completed and entire graduate admission application: GPA, letters of recommendation, writing, related experience, statement of purpose and comparison essay.
If their GRE Test is scheduled in February, score reports can be sent directly to the Program by March 1.
Southern University at New Orleans allows students to do so as long as they meet the program requirements. Students can obtain a cross-enrollment form from the Office of the Registrar.
All Letters of Recommendations must be hard copies, on institutional stationery, and signed and sealed by your recommender. It is your responsibility to follow-up with your recommenders to determine whether or not your letters have been placed in the mail. You also may Letters of Recommendation with a hard copy of your application, but they still must be sealed.
And GRE is not an admission requirement.
Yale UniversityRanked 3 in Best National University.
Admission Requirements Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology Physiology
Medical College Admissions Test scores may be submitted in lieu of GRE scores.
Cornell UniversityRanked 15 in Best National University.
Linguistics Cornell Arts Sciences
GRE and TOEFL or ILETS scores also required.
The Cornell University does not set specific minimums for GRE scores and GPA. GREs and GPA are only one consideration in evaluating applications for admission.
Admissions USC Dornsife, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
To apply, prospective students must first complete the USC online graduate application. In addition to the standard information required by the University, applicants must upload all supporting documents to this online system.
Application deadline: applicants to the Ph. D. program should submit their materials to USC by January 14th.
The following applications materials must be uploaded and submitted through the on-line web application system :
1. USC Graduate Admissions online web application.
2. $90 USD application processing fee (pay on-line). Please click here for information regarding the fee waiver process.
3. Statement of Purpose with specific information about interests and goals.
4. Personal statement
5. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
6. Three (3) letters of recommendation from academic sources. Recommenders must submit their recommendations through the on-line system. Hard copy letters will not be accepted.
7. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
8. TOEFL scores (required for international students from non-English speaking countries)
9. Copy of unofficial academic transcripts from each institution attended.
US applicants have an average GPA of 3.00 or higher.
Typically, a 3.00 4.00 grade point average is considered a minimum requirement.
Successful transfer applicants will have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Most successful applicants will have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher.
SUNY at AlbanyRanked 126 in Best National University.
The PhD Programs in Biology require that applicants present scores of the GRE General Test. GRE scores are valid for five years.