Rice UniversityRanked 19 in Best National University.
Master of Science in Subsurface Geoscience Degree Rice University
A minimum overall GPA of 2.67 or higher in all Rice coursework.
A minimum GPA of 2.67 or higher in all Rice coursework that satisfies requirements for the non-thesis master’s degree.
Scores from the general Graduate Record Examination are required.
Natural Sciences and Mathematics
The Graduate Policies provides complete details regarding admission requirements.
Official study abroad transcripts are required unless the course titles, grades and credit earned abroad appear on another transcript. Transcripts from outside of the U.S are evaluated by the Office of International Student Admission. Are encouraged to contact the Office Of Graduate Education for assistance regarding transcript-related materials.
Applications will not be processed until the required TOEFL or IELTS score is received. The TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years from the test date. The minimum TOEFL score accepted by the University is 80 or 550 The minimum IELTS score accepted by the University is 6.0. Graduate Teaching Assistants must demonstrate fluency in spoken English by scoring a 26 on the TOEFL speaking section or 8.0 on the IELTS speaking section.
A resume or C.V. This should include work experience, research, and or volunteer work.
Three letters of recommendation are required.
official transcripts and are required to be submitted
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING NATURAL SCIENCES
Applications for admission for the following fall semester should be sent to The University of Tulsa Graduate School no later than February 1 if the applicant is interested in being considered for a graduate assistantship. Applications for competitive scholarships and fellowships should be submitted no later than January 15.
Your application will not be considered complete until all the following items have been received:
1. A completed Graduate School application
2. Statement of Purpose: Standard Prompt (500-750 words)
3. 2 – 3 letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on your academic potential.
4. Transcripts from all universities attended
5. GRE General Test results
6. $55 application fee
7. International students who studied at a university outside of the U.S. should submit TOEFL or IELTS results.
8. Applicants must hold a baccalaureate or graduate degree from an accredited college or university.
Yale UniversityRanked 3 in Best National University.
Admission Requirements Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology Physiology
Medical College Admissions Test scores may be submitted in lieu of GRE scores.
Cornell UniversityRanked 15 in Best National University.
Linguistics Cornell Arts Sciences
GRE and TOEFL or ILETS scores also required.
The Cornell University does not set specific minimums for GRE scores and GPA. GREs and GPA are only one consideration in evaluating applications for admission.
Admissions USC Dornsife, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
To apply, prospective students must first complete the USC online graduate application. In addition to the standard information required by the University, applicants must upload all supporting documents to this online system.
Application deadline: applicants to the Ph. D. program should submit their materials to USC by January 14th.
The following applications materials must be uploaded and submitted through the on-line web application system :
1. USC Graduate Admissions online web application.
2. $90 USD application processing fee (pay on-line). Please click here for information regarding the fee waiver process.
3. Statement of Purpose with specific information about interests and goals.
4. Personal statement
5. Curriculum Vitae/Resume
6. Three (3) letters of recommendation from academic sources. Recommenders must submit their recommendations through the on-line system. Hard copy letters will not be accepted.
7. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
8. TOEFL scores (required for international students from non-English speaking countries)
9. Copy of unofficial academic transcripts from each institution attended.
US applicants have an average GPA of 3.00 or higher.
Typically, a 3.00 4.00 grade point average is considered a minimum requirement.
Successful transfer applicants will have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
Most successful applicants will have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher.
SUNY at AlbanyRanked 126 in Best National University.
The PhD Programs in Biology require that applicants present scores of the GRE General Test. GRE scores are valid for five years.