Cornell UniversityRanked 15 in Best National University.
Applicants are required to submit GRE general test scores.
Food and Nutrition
Excellent GRE scores and grades from nationally or internationally recognized institutions.
Emory UniversityRanked 21 in Best National University.
Admission and GRE requirements
Our strongest applicants have strong GPAs, great letters of recommendation from people who know their research and/or work abilities, research interests that align well with Emory faculty, and research experience.
GRE scores are accepted but no longer required for applicants to the NHS program. There are no set minimums for GRE scores or GPAs.
The mean percentile scores of enrolled students providing GRE scores over the last few years were: 82nd percentile verbal; 68th percentile quantitative; and 78th percentile analytical writing. The average GPA for recently enrolled students was 3.5 for undergraduate studies and 3.8 for Masters studies.
We do not offer extensions to the application deadline. We must receive all materials from you by the deadline, although letters of recommendation can arrive later. Official GRE scores may also arrive at Emory after the deadline, but you must have taken the test before applying and be able to provide scores in your application.
Dietetic Internship Admission Requirements at UC San Diego Health
Applicants will have a minimum overall cumulative and DPD GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Boston UniversityRanked 42 in Best National University.
Graduate Medical Sciences
An unofficial copy of their test scores.
Foods and Nutrition
The Foods and Nutrition is suspending the GRE requirement for complete applications received by December 10th, 2020.
Doctor of Philosophy in Nutrition Texas A M University, College Station, TX
A 3.0 Graduate GPA and a Degree Plan GPA of at least 3.0 with no grade lower than C in any course on the degree plan,.
Physician Assistant Post-Professional MS Graduate Nutrition Certificate
Completion of a baccalaureate degree with a preferred GPA of 3.0 .
Students must complete 15 credits of approved courses for completion of the Advanced Certificate, earning a grade of C or better in each course and maintaining an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Drexel UniversityRanked 95 in Best National University.
Master of Science in Human Nutrition
StandardizedTests:GRE: Minimum scores are Verbal 153, Quantitative 153 and Writing 3.0.
NC State Online and Distance Education
Have a minimum GPA of 3.0;
Nutrition and Exercise Physiology
Competitive GRE scores to be admitted unconditionally.
Nutritional Sciences Program Applicants must have an average of B or better in science courses taken at an accredited institution and must provide GRE scores.
Auburn UniversityRanked 103 in Best National University.
Nutrition MS, PhD
For admission to the MS or PhD programs, the student must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, a satisfactory GPA, a satisfactory GRE score (a GMAT score may substitute for the GRE score for the hotel and restaurant management emphasis), and acceptable undergraduate academic preparation.
The admission committee will evaluate all application items, including transcripts, GRE/GMAT scores, letters of recommendation, a statement of intent, and resume.
International applicants are also required to submit satisfactory TOEFL scores.
Applicants lacking background requirements in chemistry and anatomy and physiology for the nutrition program must make up deficiencies prior to starting the program.
Applicants must fulfill the requirements of both the Graduate College and the College of Health Solutions.
Applicants are eligible to apply to the program if they have earned a bachelor's or master's degree (nutrition or science is recommended) from a regionally accredited institution.
Applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in the last 60 hours of their first bachelor's degree program, or applicants must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 (scale is 4.00 = "A") in an applicable master's degree program.
All applicants must submit:
1. graduate admission application and application fee
2. official transcripts
3. GRE scores
5. personal statement
6. three letters of recommendation
7. proof of English proficiency
Nutrition and Food Studies
A 3.00 GPA on a 4.00 scale or better in baccalaureate study. The GPA requirement may be higher for some graduate programs. For applicants with postbaccalaureate credits, a separate GPA is calculated for each institution.
Adelphi UniversityRanked 127 in Best National University.
Online Master in Nutrition
Accepted students have five opportunities to start the online M.S. in Nutrition program with a choice between a traditional or flexible start in the Spring or Fall and an additional start date in the Summer.
While there is no application deadline, candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible before their desired start date in order to ensure their place in class and have time to set up any financial aid.
Candidates will be notified of an admissions decision via letters from the University Admissions Office and the online M.S. in Nutrition program director within two weeks of submitting a completed application.
In addition to a completed application for graduate admission and a $50 application fee, candidates must submit:
1. Official transcripts showing a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA and completion of the following prerequisite courses*:
(i)An undergraduate introductory nutrition course
(ii)An introductory statistics course
(iii)A human anatomy and physiology two-course sequence with laboratory
(iv)A minimum 4-credit chemistry course with laboratory
2. Final transcripts stating proof of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution or the international equivalent
3. A 500-word essay detailing reasoning for the pursuit of this degree
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. Interview via phone or in-person
6. International Students whose native language is not English must submit a minimum TOEFL score of 80 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. International students in this program are not eligible for an F-1 visa.
NOTE: No GRE is required for admission.
The GRE Test is a requirement for all PhD Applicants, however, it is temporarily being waived for applicants for the Fall 2021 cycle.
Food Science, Nutrition, and Health Promotion
General regular admission requirements for the department are as follows.
1. Baccalaureate (four-year degree) for entry into the M.S. program and 60 credit hours beyond a baccalaureate degree for admission to the Ph.D. program if a master's degree has not been earned.
2. Nutrition concentrations require an overall 3.00 GPA in undergraduate study for entry into the M.S. degree program and a 3.00 GPA for all master's coursework if applying to the Ph.D. program.
3. The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) must be taken prior to acceptance, and the scores will be accepted for up to five years from the date of the examination. Retaking the exam may be required if this time period has lapsed.
4. English proficiency is required for non-English speakers. Some international students may be exempt based on country of origin. (i)TOEFL Paper-based score: 550 or better. (ii)TOEFL Internet-based (iBT): 79 or better. (iii)IELTS: 6.5 or better.
5. Contingent admission may be granted on the recommendation of the Graduate Faculty and Graduate Coordinator.
6. Provisional admission may be granted to an applicant who has not fully met the GPA requirement stipulated by the University for regular admission. The provisionally-admitted student is eligible for a change to regular status after receiving a 3.00 GPA on the first 9 hours of graduate courses at Mississippi State University.
Official GRE scores must be sent directly to Graduate Division Student Services.
Food and Nutrition
GRE Score May be waived.
Helen and Arthur E.Johnson Beth-El
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs does not limit the university acceptance to the GRE, nor do the university use it as a weeding out tool although the minimum score of 290 is highly recommended and scores lower than this are viewed unfavorably. If there a tie between two students of similar background, then the GRE may be used as the decision making point.
Dependent on funds, the university might offer one out of state scholarship worth $4000 for Year 1, however, that is decided upon from a student pool that has a minimum of a 3.3 cumulative GPA.
Master of Science
Required Entrance Exam: GRE
The University of TampaRanked 24 in Best Regional University in South Coast.
M.S. in Exercise and Nutrition Science
Students are admitted on a rolling basis for the M.S. in Exercise and Nutrition Science program. Because there are a limited number of seats each semester, students should apply early. Once your application is complete, students can expect a decision within two to three weeks.
The following documents are required to process your application::
1. Online application
2. $40 non-refundable application fee (fee waiver possible upon request)
3. Official transcripts from each university or college attended; must show a GPA of 3.0 or higher
4. Two professional reference forms (PDF) completed by individuals that attest to your professional background and academic potential
6. Personal statement (500-1,000 words) on a topic of your choosing, such as why you wish to pursue this degree or why you want to attend UT
7. TOEFL/IELTS score if international applicant
The GRE is not required.
Winthrop UniversityRanked 25 in Best Regional University in South Coast.
Master of Science in Human Nutrition
Application requirements include:
1. The online Graduate School application with the non-refundable application fee.
2. Two letters of reference. In the online admissions application, you will be asked to provide names and email addresses of two individuals from whom you have requested letters of recommendation.
3. Official transcript(s) from all institutions attended for undergraduate and graduate coursework.
4. A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
5. An official test score for the General Test of the GRE. Applicants must have a minimum combined Verbal and Quantitative GRE score of 291, and minimum 3.0 Analytical Writing score.
Liberty UniversityRanked 80 in Best Regional University in South Coast.
M.S. in Nutrition Online
Applicants with a 2.5-2.99 GPA may be considered for admission on caution.
Matriculated graduate students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
Candidates must fulfill all program requirements and are required to earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 to be eligible to graduate.
A WF is calculated as an F in the student’s GPA. Upon successful completion of the course, the new grade will be used to calculate the GPA.
Cedar Crest CollegeRanked 16 in Best Regional College in North.
Master in Nutrition
In order to be considered for admission, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
1. A Bachelor of Science degree from a regionally accredited college or university
2. A GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in upper-division, undergraduate coursework or graduate degree
3. Two letters of recommendation attesting to the student's abilities to successfully engage in graduate level studies.
4. Current resume
5. A 750 word essay describing each of the following: your professional ambitions, motivation for seeking Master in Nutrition degree, career goals, practicum interest, and time-line for degree completion
6. For international applicants official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Paper-Based Test: 550, Computer-Administered Test: 213, Internet-Based Test: 80
7. Official transcript(s) from all colleges/universities previously attended.
MS in Nutrition
Preferred minimum GRE score of 143 verbal and 141 quantitative GMAT 0 total or verbal score of 21 and quantitative score or 17 MCAT total score of 500-507 (125-126 critical analysis reading biological and biochemical foundations of living systems: 125-126.
Master of Clinical Nutrition Licensed Health Professional UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX
Earn a recommended GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
M.S. in Nutrition and Wellness
The M.S. in Nutrition and Wellness program has rolling admissions. Students begin their courses in early fall term (August) to be included with that cohort.
Applicants to the M.S. in Nutrition and Wellness program are expected to have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0-point scale.
Applicants are also expected to have a bachelor’s degree with one in a life science (e.g., biology, nutrition, dietetics, nursing, health, exercise physiology) or physical science (e.g., chemistry, biochemistry) being recommended.
Applicants who have completed an advanced degree (master, doctoral) in the United States are exempt from the GRE requirement.
Applicants for this Master of Science degree in Integrative and Functional Nutrition must:
1) Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, with a 3.0 or better GPA (with a B minimum in sciences);
2) Provide official transcripts showing completion of undergraduate or graduate-level science courses, including 3 credit units from each a) biochemistry or organic chemistry b) anatomy and/or physiology, and c) basic nutrition. Students lacking any of these courses may be admitted and will add these basic science courses as part of their Saybrook program plan.
3) Provide an academic writing sample demonstrating academic writing skills (Students who demonstrate subpar writing skills may be accepted, but will be required to take an academic writing class as part of their degree program); and
4) Submit personal statement addressing their educational objectives.