Master of Theology
Academic ability, as shown by a minimum GPA of 3.00 in a previous master’s-level program, is required.
Biola UniversityRanked 127 in Best National University.
Talbot School of Theology Admissions Process for Master of Arts
Before starting your Talbot School of Theology application, make sure to look through the admissions requirements for your program of choice. The requirements below detail application deadlines, fees, required essays, prerequisites and more.
1. Application Deadlines for Fall is July 1 and for Spring is November 1
2. A $65 non-refundable application fee is due when you submit your application. Paying this fee will populate the supplemental application items.
3. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), unless otherwise noted.
4. Official Transcripts and Other Test Scores:
(i)Applicants must submit an official transcript from their previous academic institution.
(ii)GRE: A GRE score is not required for admission
(iii)TOEFL or IELTS: If English is not your first language, you are required to display your English proficiency before admittance into a Biola University graduate program.
5. Two references are required6. Applicants must submit two essays. Applicants to the Master of Arts (Classical Theology) program must submit additional essays during the application process.
Gonzaga UniversityRanked 3 in Best Regional University in West Coast.
M.A. THEOLOGY LEADERSHIP Admission requirements
1. The Application Deadline is September 16.
2. Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
3. Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
(i)If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
(ii)If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, GU transcripts are ordered by your Admissions Counselor on your behalf.
4. Request a minimum of 2 letter of recommendations through the online application.
5. Writing Sample: Submit a three to five page piece of the applicant’s written academic work. A complete paper is not required; it should be a piece of what the applicant considers a good example of his/her writing and research ability.
6. Statement of Purpose: Submit an essay that is well written, organized, and approximately one page in length.
7. Submit your resume of professional experience.
8. Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended but not required.
Liberty UniversityRanked 80 in Best Regional University in South Coast.
Master of Theology in Biblical Studies Online Degree
Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for admission on caution.
Master of Theology Covenant Theological Seminary
The ThM requires satisfactory completion of 30 units as outlined in the curriculum with grades of A or B and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.1. The MDiv degree or its educational equivalent with a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for admission to the ThM program.
Boston UniversityRanked 42 in Best National University.
Admissions School of Theology
Ph.D. applicants may not waive the GRE requirement for any reason, even with a previously earned doctoral degree.
Standardized test scores are submitted electronically through the application.
Fordham UniversityRanked 58 in Best National University.
Ph.D. in Theology Admissions Information Requirements
Candidates for the Ph.D. in Theology are expected to have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.