Masters programs in Architecture which do not require GRE - Updated 2021
Graduate Admissions to UVA Master of Architecture program
Admission requirements for UVA Master of Architecture program:
1. $80 non-refundable application fee.
2. Resume / CV.
3. Statement of Intent.
3. Three (3) recommendations are required, at least 2 of which should be from former professors.
Applicants are not required to report GRE scores on the application for UVA Master of Architecture program.
5. All applicants whose first or native language is not English are required to submit proof of language proficiency by submitting qualified TOEFL or IELTS scores, taken within two years of the application deadline.
Students who have earned a 4-year bachelor's degree entirely from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction are not required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Minimum scores required:
TOEFL (computer-based exam): 250
TOEFL (internet-based exam): 90
TOEFL (ITP Plus): 627
IELTS: 7.0 overall band score
7. Portfolio demonstrating experience and exploration in the areas of design, craft, creative thinking and all forms of making. All MArch and MLA applicants are required to submit an electronic portfolio as part of the online application.
Master of Architecture
Application requirements for Master of Architecture (MARCH):
1. Portfolio of student and/or professional work.
2. Transcripts from all previous university degree programs [official or unofficial].
3. Three  letters of recommendation from persons who can evaluate the applicant’s academic qualifications, motivation, and potential for a career as an architect.
4. One Page Statement of Intent, this should clearly indicate the applicant’s plans for graduate study and professional career objectives.
Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are NOT required for the MARCH program.
Graduate program in Business Architecture
Admission requirements for Graduate program in Business Architecture at Penn State World Campus:
1. A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
2. GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the final two years of undergraduate studies or in the most recent graduate degree is required.
3. GRE or GMAT test scores are NOT required for Graduate Certificate in Business Architecture at Penn State World Campus.
4. All international applicants must take and submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
5. Vita or Resume.
6. Statement of Purpose.
Master of Science in Architecture
Admission requirements for Master of Science in Architecture at University at Buffalo:
1. Transcript(s) from every institution you have previously attended.
2. Two letters of recommendation.
GRE scores are not required for Master of Science in Architecture.
6. Work samples, or portfolio of creative work.
7. Students whose first language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency with either a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score. Students taking the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) must score either 213 or higher on the computer-based version, or 79 on the internet-based version. Students submitting an International English Language System (IELTS) score must have earned a 6.5 overall score with no individual subscore below 6.0. A minimum PTE Academic score of 55 will be required with no individual section sub-score below 50.
Application deadline for Master of Science in Architecture:
For fall admission, the deadline for applications is January 1.
For spring admission, applications received by October 31 will receive primary consideration for scholarships and admissions. International students are encouraged to apply by October 1.
Landscape Architecture Graduate Program of Study at The University of Arizona
Admissions Requirements for Graduate Program: Landscape Architecture (MLA) at University of Arizona:
1. Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited United States college or university, or equivalent in a non-US institution of higher learning. The undergraduate degree can be in any field of study. A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 in the last 90 graded quarter credit hours or last 60 graded semester credit hours is required.
2. Applicants who do not meet the required 3.0 GPA can apply as Graduate Non-Degree Seeking. After completion of 12 consecutive semester units of 500 level courses, and a 3.0 GPA or higher, applicants can apply as graduate degree seeking using their graduate GPA.
3. International students must demonstrate English language proficiency and submit scores from the TOEFL exam.
Application Requirements for Graduate Program: Landscape Architecture (MLA) at University of Arizona:
2. Personal Statement.
3. Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
4. Letters of Recommendation.
5. Transcripts: One complete set of official college transcripts for all prior undergraduate and graduate coursework.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required to apply for Graduate Program: Landscape Architecture (MLA) at University of Arizona.
80 TOEFL iBT score or 6.5 IELTS score for international applicants.
Completed application form with an application fee.
A letter or statement expressing their interest in the program and reasons for applying.
Official GRE or GMAT scores sent directly and TOEFL scores, as applicable.
Three academic letters of recommendation If applicant have waived their right for access to their letters, they may be sent directly from the recommender, or they may be included with their application in a signed and sealed envelope.
The MRED+the students, Master of Construction Management and Executive Master of Construction management program requires a resume instead of a portfolio.
Portfolios are not retained after the application process.