Construction and Facilities Management, M.S.
The minimum admission requirements for this program are:.
1. An earned undergraduate degree in construction management, facility management, engineering technology, engineering, architecture, or a closely related field
2. An undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or above
3. Acceptable scores on the verbal, quantitative, and analytical sections of the GRE
4. Positive recommendations
5. A combined TOEFL score of 220 (computer-based) or 557 (paper-based) is required if the previous degree was from a country where English is not the common language
6. Integral and differential calculus (MATH 1120, MATH 1121, or ETGR 3171 or equivalent)
7. Statistics (STAT 1220 or STAT 3128 or equivalent)
The GRE requirement will be waived for the following applicants:
1. UNC Charlotte students currently enrolled in engineering technology, construction management, engineering, or architecture.
2. Applicants having earned a bachelor’s degree in engineering or engineering technology from an ABET accredited program; or a bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, building construction, or building science from an ACCE accredited program; or a bachelor’s degree in architecture from an NCARB accredited program
3. Applicants having an earned graduate degree
Applications can be received by the Graduate Admission Office any time prior to the published deadlines. In order to be considered for assistantships and tuition grants for the following academic year, students should apply by March 1 for priority consideration.
Construction Management Master Program
The Construction Management Master Program admission requirements are:
1. Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum GPA of 3.0, from an accredited institution.
2. Official college transcripts.
3. Two letters of recommendation
5. TOEFL/IELTS scores (for international students)
6. A competitive GRE or GMAT score. GRE/GMAT is not required for part-time students.
College description: The program is results-oriented, emphasizing the development of strong student competencies in financial and planning expertise for complex construction projects optimizing change in the global marketplace managing interdisciplinary teams and research and problem-solving skills appropriate for executive level construction management responsibilities. The M.S. Construction Management program plans to enroll its next class in the fall 2022 semester. An optional thesis is available for students who wish to complete research as part of the degree. Students with a background in construction management may not be required to take CNST 500 Fundamentals of Construction Management.
Applications to the program are due by April 1st for priority consideration for the fall semester.
To apply, applicants must submit the following items to the Office of Graduate Admission:
1. Completed application form and $50 application fee. An application fee is not required for RWU students.
2. Letter of Intent (no more than two double-spaced pages) describing your interest in the Construction Management program, career goals, and how you can positively contribute to the graduate program at Roger Williams University.
3. Two(2) letters of recommendation attesting to your potential to succeed in graduate school.
4. Official transcripts from all institutions where undergraduate credit was earned.
5. A resume is strongly recommended from students who possess work experience.
GRE not required
Master of Science in Construction Management
College description: Online Graduate Application There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
Admission Requirement for Master of Science in Construction Management are:
1. Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
2. Transcripts - EACH College and/or University you have attended.
3. Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or better on a 4.0 scale
4. GRE no longer required
5. Application Letter (Can be uploaded into the online application) - Should state your interest and goals for the MS and the potential use of the degree.
7. Letters of Recommendation (3) - completed by supervisors, professors, or professional colleagues, one of which must be from the current supervisor.
College of Business Application Checklist
College description: The Student Health Center is located in Wilson Hall, 3rd Floor in Room 325. We provide on-campus health care to students who are registered for classes. We believe good health is essential to optimal success in college. We are here to help you achieve and maintain your health goals as a step toward the achievement of academic and life goals.
The application checklist for college of business graduate programs are:
1. Online Application: Application instructions at: https://www.uah.edu/admissions/graduate/apply-for-admission
2. Transcripts: Send your official transcripts to UAH Graduate Admissions through an electronic delivery service.
3. Complete your Entrance Exam (GMAT/GRE): You will be asked for your test scores within the application portal. Do not send them directly to UAH. The minimum test scores are as follows: GMAT (preferred)- Minimum score: 500; GRE (accepted)-Minimum score: 300 verbal and quantitative and a 3.0 on analytical writing.
4. Supplemental Documentation: Submit your resume within your Charger Status account.
The College of Business will NOT require the GMAT or GRE test score requirement for Fall and Spring term if an applicant meets any of the criteria listed below:
1. the applicant had a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA;
2. the applicant has five years of professional work experience and had a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher;
3. the applicant has completed a master's degree previously
The application deadline for Spring is November 30th; Summer is March 15th; and Fall is June 1st.