Ph.D., Counseling Psychology
The Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program admits students at both the post-bachelors and post-masters levels. Admission to the program is competitive. Application documentation should be submitted online.
Admission decisions are based on the materials listed below, in addition to a personal interview for a small group of applicants. The program also focuses on students who have demonstrated interests in both research and practice.
Additional Required Documents:
1. A complete graduate application form (completed online).
2. Official copies of all previous undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
3.Official scores from the GRE is not required for the Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program at Seton Hall University.
4. Three letters of reference from former teachers, professional colleagues or supervisors.
5. Curriculum Vitae.
6. A personal statement conveying applicant's career goals and research interests.
7. A sample of work that demonstrates applicant's ability to perform at the doctoral level. Applicants who believe their standardized test scores are not representative of their true potential are particularly encouraged to submit work samples.
8. $75 application fee.
Application Deadline for Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program at Seton Hall University's admission is December 1st.
Counseling Psychology program
College description: Students entering our General Counseling Psychology master’s program have a broad variety of professional interests. As such, students have had internship placements in many types of organizations, from community colleges to philanthropic foundations. Paid opportunities are appreciated, but our students understand that this is not always possible.
Counseling Psychology program's minimum admission requirements at MSMU:
1. A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, earned by the expected date of entry.
2. A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale.
3. Applicants must complete and submit an online Graduate Application in order to be considered for admission.
4. Applicants are required to submit an application essay explaining the purpose in undertaking a graduate program in Psychology.
5. Two letters of recommendation are required from academic or non-academic sources.
6. Resume / Curriculum Vitae.
7. Official transcripts from colleges, universities, and post-secondary institutions previously attended.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is NOT required for Counseling Psychology program at MSMU.
MS in Counseling Psychology
College description: Cal Lutheran Counseling Psychology program has several unique features that set it apart from other programs of its kind. Students are trained in a range of theoretical models designed to help understand the complexity of issues people face throughout their lifespan. Additionally, our students have the unique opportunity to experience the integration of their classroom learning with applied clinical work in our two Community Counseling Centers.
Admission requirements for the Masters in Psychology graduate program at California Lutheran University:
1. Two (2) Recommendation Forms-list recommenders name and contact information in the application.
2. Submit Application.
3. Official transcripts from all regionally accredited 4-year colleges and universities attended and any graduate work.
5. Personal statement.
6. Prerequisite requirement form-Applicants are required to have at least 3 credit hours of statistics with a grade of B or higher preferred and an additional 9 hours of undergraduate or graduate psychology courses. Courses must have been completed within the last 7 years. Grade of B or better preferred.
7. Resume or CV.
8. $25.00 Online Application fee.
9. Official GRE Scores are recommended but not required for Masters in Psychology graduate program at California Lutheran University.
North Park UniversityRanked 54 in Best Regional University in Midwest.
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
College description: Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling featured image background. Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) program consists of 60 credit hours of course work and supervised clinical training experiences. Students learn to promote mental wellness, prevention, and resilience in individuals and communities.
Admission to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program in the School of Professional Studies is granted throughout the year. There are no strict application deadlines. Courses for the CMHC are offered in terms beginning in fall and spring.
The minimum admission requirements for the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program in the School of Professional Studies are:
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
2. An electronic copy of the current resume.
3. Three professional and/or academic recommendations are required as part of the application.
4. An essay, as described on the application
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly to North Park University.
5. North Park University does not require a GRE score for admission to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program.
Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology
University of Rochester’s Clinical Psychology doctoral program admission requirements are:
1. Complete the University of Rochester online application.
2. Personal statement.
3. Official transcript(s).
4. Three letters of recommendation.
6. GRE scores are not required for the University of Rochester’s Clinical Psychology doctoral program.
7. English Proficiency scores, for international applicants.They have to fulfill the English proficiency examination requirement through one of the following: IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE-Academic.
8. $20 non-refundable application fee.
Santa Clara UniversityRanked 2 in Best Regional University in West Coast.
College description: The Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology provides an intensive 90-unit Master program. Students may also choose to include any of the following four optional emphasis areas in their degree: Correctional Psychology, Health Psychology, Latino Counseling, or LGBT Counseling. Apply psychology to issues of well-being, stress and stress management, the modification of health behaviors, health promotion, wellness, and disease prevention.
Admission requirements for the Counseling Psychology program at Santa Clara university:
1. Online application.
2. Statement of Purpose.
3. All applicants are required to submit a resume or curriculum vitae to provide information about relevant job experience and education.
4. One copy of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. A minimum GPA of 3.0, undergraduate grade point average (GPA) is required.
7. Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee.
8. GRE or GMAT test scores are not required for Counseling Psychology program at Santa Clara university.
Apply to Counseling Psychology PhD Program
College description: Our counseling psychology (CSPY) doctoral program will train you in a generalist, scientist-practitioner model, which emphasizes education and training in theory, science, assessment, and practice. Our graduates are skilled in research and evidence-based practices with the goal of improving health outcomes in children, adults, and families. University counseling centers, hospital medical and community mental health settings (e.g., as staff psychologists engaged in direct services, supervision, and administration).
The admission requirements for the Counseling Psychology PhD Program at University of Oregon:
1. Complete the online Graduate Admission Application.
2. Nonrefundable Application Fee: $70 (Domestic Students)/$90 (International Students).
3. Personal statement which describes the goals and purpose in seeking admission to the program.
4. Two (2) letters of reference are required by the application deadline.
5. Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
6. Official transcripts.
7. GRE scores are no longer required for the Counseling Psychology PhD Program at University of Oregon.
8. For international applicants, TOEFL/IELTS scores are required per the UO Graduate School.
Application Deadline for Counseling Psychology PhD Program at University of Oregon is December 1.
College description: Graduate school fees are set by the CSU Board of Trustees each academic year. There are many options available for financing your graduate education. The CSULB Graduate Studies Resource Center (GSRC) provides a list of funding for research and pre-doctoral study.
Admission requirements for the Counseling Psychology program at California State University-Long Beach are:
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum 2.85 overall grade point average in last degree (not credential or certificate) earned from an accredited institution of higher education.
3. Pay a non-refundable $70 fee.
4. Submit the official transcripts.
5. Letters of recommendation.
6. Statement of purpose.
7. International applicants must meet the English language proficiency.
8. The GRE is not required for the Counseling Psychology program at California State University-Long Beach.