Masters programs in Counseling Psychology which do not require GRE - Updated 2021
Clinical and Social Sciences in Psychology
University of Rochester’s Clinical Psychology doctoral program admission requirements are:
1. Complete the University of Rochester online application.
2. Personal statement.
3. Official transcript(s).
4. Three letters of recommendation.
GRE scores are not required for the University of Rochester’s Clinical Psychology doctoral program.
7. English Proficiency scores, for international applicants.They have to fulfill the English proficiency examination requirement through one of the following: IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE-Academic.
8. $20 non-refundable application fee.
Apply to Counseling Psychology PhD Program
The admission requirements for the Counseling Psychology PhD Program at University of Oregon:
1. Complete the online Graduate Admission Application.
2. Nonrefundable Application Fee: $70 (Domestic Students)/$90 (International Students).
3. Personal statement which describes the goals and purpose in seeking admission to the program.
4. Two (2) letters of reference are required by the application deadline.
5. Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
6. Official transcripts.
GRE scores are no longer required for the Counseling Psychology PhD Program at University of Oregon.
8. For international applicants, TOEFL/IELTS scores are required per the UO Graduate School.
Application Deadline for Counseling Psychology PhD Program at University of Oregon is December 1.
Ph.D., Counseling Psychology
The Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program admits students at both the post-bachelors and post-masters levels. Admission to the program is competitive. Application documentation should be submitted online.
Admission decisions are based on the materials listed below, in addition to a personal interview for a small group of applicants. The program also focuses on students who have demonstrated interests in both research and practice.
Additional Required Documents:
1. A complete graduate application form (completed online).
2. Official copies of all previous undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
Official scores from the GRE is not required for the Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program at Seton Hall University.
4. Three letters of reference from former teachers, professional colleagues or supervisors.
5. Curriculum Vitae.
6. A personal statement conveying applicant's career goals and research interests.
7. A sample of work that demonstrates applicant's ability to perform at the doctoral level. Applicants who believe their standardized test scores are not representative of their true potential are particularly encouraged to submit work samples.
8. $75 application fee.
Application Deadline for Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program at Seton Hall University's admission is December 1st.
Santa Clara UniversityRanked 2 in Best Regional University in West Coast.
Admission requirements for the Counseling Psychology program at Santa Clara university:
1. Online application.
2. Statement of Purpose.
3. All applicants are required to submit a resume or curriculum vitae to provide information about relevant job experience and education.
4. One copy of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. A minimum GPA of 3.0, undergraduate grade point average (GPA) is required.
7. Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee.
GRE or GMAT test scores are not required for Counseling Psychology program at Santa Clara university.
Admission Requirements Mount Saint Mary University, Los Angeles
Admission Requirements for Counseling Psychology program are:
1.A baccalaureate or professional degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university.
2.Submit an online Graduate Application.
3.A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative grade-point average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale.
4.Application essay explaining the purpose in undertaking a graduate program in Psychology.
5.Two letters of recommendation are required.
6.Resume/ Curriculum Vitae.
7.Official transcripts from all the colleges, universities, and post-secondary institutions previously attended.
8.**The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is NOT required.
Admission deadlines for Counseling Psychology program are:
Spring: December 1
Fall: June 1
Application Requirements for International Students for Counseling Psychology program are:
1.Original transcripts from the foreign university and a transcript evaluation from a NACES credential evaluation member.
2.English Language Exam:
TOEFL iBT: Minimum score of 79.
IELTS: Minimum score of 6.5.
The Application Deadlines for International Students are:
Fall: Rolling admissions March 1
Spring: Nov. 1
Summer: Feb. 1
Admission requirements for the Counseling Psychology program at California State University-Long Beach are:
1. Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum 2.85 overall grade point average in last degree (not credential or certificate) earned from an accredited institution of higher education.
3. Pay a non-refundable $70 fee.
4. Submit the official transcripts.
5. Letters of recommendation.
6. Statement of purpose.
7. International applicants must meet the English language proficiency.
The GRE is not required for the Counseling Psychology program at California State University-Long Beach.
North Park UniversityRanked 54 in Best Regional University in Midwest.
Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
Admission to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program in the School of Professional Studies is granted throughout the year. There are no strict application deadlines. Courses for the CMHC are offered in terms beginning in fall and spring.
The minimum admission requirements for the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program in the School of Professional Studies are:
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
2. An electronic copy of the current resume.
3. Three professional and/or academic recommendations are required as part of the application.
4. An essay, as described on the application
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent directly to North Park University.
North Park University does not require a GRE score for admission to the Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program.
Dartmouth CollegeRanked 11 in Best National University.
Psychological and Brain Sciences
The application components for the Doctoral degree in Psychological and Brain Science or Cognitive Neuroscience at the Dartmouth College.
1. A bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
2. A completed application form.
3. Personal statement, describing the interests in graduate study.
4. Transcript(s) from the bachelor's coursework.
5. Letters of recommendation (at least 3) from professors, research advisors, employers who can speak to the skills, experience, and promise.
6. The GRE is not required for admission to the Doctoral degree in Psychological and Brain Science or Cognitive Neuroscience at the Dartmouth College.
Master of Arts in Teaching
Admission requirement to join the Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University are:
1. Online application.
2. Official transcripts.
3. Two letters of recommendation.
4. Statement of purpose.
5. Application fee.
6. International applicants must submit TOEFL scores if their native language is not English.
7. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution to be admitted into the program.
8. GRE scores are not required for Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University.
The application deadline to join for Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University in the Spring semseter is February 18.
Pacific UniversityRanked 25 in Best Regional University in West Coast.
Applied Psychological Science Program
MA in Applied Psychological Science at Pacific University the application process is based on rolling. The admission requirements are:
1. Departmental application: Fill out the application, following all instructions.
2. Official Academic Transcript(s).
MA in Applied P5ychological Science at Pacific University does not require the GRE score.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation from non-related individuals familiar with the student’s scholarly work and/or relevant work experience.
5. Resume/curriculum vita that includes prior experience in research or clinical areas, awards and scholarships.
6. A statement of interest (2-3 pages) which conveys the student’s background and previous experience including why they believe them self a good candidate for the program.
Admission deadline for MA in Applied Psychological Science at Pacific University is March 1.