Brown UniversityRanked 16 in Best National University.
College description: The Master’s Program in Data Science (Master of Science, ScM) prepares students from a wide range of disciplinary backgrounds for distinctive careers in data science. Rooted in a research collaboration between four strong academic departments, the master's program offers a unique and rigorous education for people building careers in data science.
Applications for Data Science Initiative program open in early September for the following fall. All students begin the program in the fall (September); there is no option to start in spring. Admission is rolling, which means they may accept some students before the February 1 deadline. No applications can be accepted after February 1.
The admission requirements for Master’s Program in Data Science at Brown University are:
1. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
2. Personal Statement.
3. Work experience.
4. The GRE is not required for the Master’s Program in Data Science at Brown University.
5. Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received a college degree from an institution where the instruction is in English must take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
The minimum TOEFL score required is 620 (PBT) or 260 (CBT) or IBT (105), and prefer scores higher than that. The corresponding minimum IELTS score is 7.5.
6. CV or resume.
Yale UniversityRanked 3 in Best National University.
Statistics and Data Science
College description: The Statistics and Data Science department offers a broad training program comprised of the main areas of statistical theory, probability theory, stochastic processes, asymptotics, information theory, machine learning, data analysis, statistical computing, and graphical methods. With this background, graduates of the program have found excellent positions in industry, and government.
Admission requirements for the M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University:
2. GRE scores are no longer required for M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University.
3. A statement of purpose.
4. A list of all the prior colleges or universities attended, accompanied by unofficial transcripts from each school.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. $105 application fee.
7. TOEFL or IELTS are necessary for non-native English speakers.
The application deadline for the M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University is December 15.
M.S. in Data Science
College description: The Master of Data Science is a professional interdisciplinary program that emphasizes computational-based applications of traditional data analysis methods and current trends in data mining and machine learning to turn data into information, and information into insight. UNCW offers a 16 month, accelerated master's degree in data science. The program is a collaborative effort between departments, the larger academic community and the business community that emphasizes computational-based applications of traditional data analysis methods as well as current trends in data mining and machine learning.
Admission requirements for the M.S. in Data Science at University of North Carolina Wilmington:
1. An application for graduate admission submitted online
2. Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
3. Three recommendations from individuals in professionally relevant fields.
4. Have a strong overall academic record and have passed the following undergraduate courses or their equivalent: an introductory statistics course, a course in linear algebra, and a programming course.
5. GRE Not required for the M.S. in Data Science at University of North Carolina Wilmington.
6. The TOEFL or IELTS test is required for all international applicants.
Minimum Score Required:
IELTS (GENERAL): 6.5 for acceptance and 7.0 for TA consideration
Goergen Institute for Data Science
College description: The Master of Science (MS) in data science program at the University of Rochester provides students with a strong background in the fundamentals and applications of data science, and is accredited by New York State.
If you are applying with a three-year degree from a foreign institution, you will need to provide a WES evaluation stating that the degree you were awarded is equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree. When this information is submitted to the application, then our graduate program will accept that you have the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree.
GRE is not required. However, about half the applicants take the test and submit scores.
Applications received by February 15th will receive decisions by March 15th.
College description: The Master of Science in the Field of Data Science program provides a deep foundation in statistical analysis and programming. It also offers knowledge of the application domain, in addition to project management skills. Program graduates apply data science techniques to the solution of real world problems, communicate findings, and effectively present results using data visualization tools.
Admission requirements for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Data Science at George Washington University:
1. GRE is not required for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Data Science at George Washington University.
2. Two (2) academic letters of recommendation.
3. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to the online application.
4. Statement of purpose.
5. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the PTE Academic is required for all applicants except those who hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the United States or from an institution located in a country in which English is the official language, provided English was the language of instruction.
Minimum scores for the M.S. program are:
Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 6.0 with no individual score below 5.0
TOEFL: 550 on paper-based or 80 on Internet-based
PTE Academic: 53
Fordham UniversityRanked 58 in Best National University.
M.S. in Data Science Admissions Information Requirements
College description: Advanced Certificate in Financial Econometrics and Data Analysis. AcademicsAcademic DepartmentsComputer and Information SciencesCIS Academic ProgramsCIS Graduate ProgramsMaster of Science in Data Science. Harness the Power of Big Data and Launch your Career. Every second of every day, than 1.5 megabytes of data are created for every person on earth.
Admission requirements for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University:
1. An undergraduate degree in a field emphasizing quantitative skills is expected, such as a degree in computer science, information science, engineering, math, physical science, health science, business, economics, psychology, social science or urban and city planning.
2. Knowledge of discrete math, probability and statistics, including permutations, combinations, descriptive statistics, and basic probabilities concepts.
3. Basic programming knowledge and a familiarity with Python programming is expected.
4. Official degree transcripts.
5. Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are not required for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University.
7. Statement of intent.
8. Three letters of recommendation.
9.International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). GSAS will also consider a student’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level language testing results and the Duolingo English Test (DET) as an assessment of the English competency.
Minimum scores required:
IELTS: 6.5 band score
The application deadlines for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University are:
Spring: Dec 1
Summer: Jan. 4
Fall: Recommended Deadline: Apr 5
Fall: Rolling Admissions Begins:
Master of Science Data Science
College description: The online Master of Science in Data Science from Loyola University Maryland provides the skills you need to become a data scientist. Students graduate ready for a career in the growing and in-demand field of data science.
Students are admitted to the Data Science program in either the fall (August 1) or spring(December 1) semester.
Applicants do not need to submit GRE/GMAT scores as part of the application requirements. If scores are submitted by an applicant, they will not be reviewed as part of the admission review process.
The Master of Science in Data Science program is open to students from any major. Students are expected to have taken a college-level introductory statistics course. The statistics requirement can be satisfied by taking Loyola's preparatory course, DS 510 or another approved introductory statistics course.
Masters in Data Science
College description: Michigan's multidisciplinary master's in data science program couples computer science, business, engineering, and mathematical sciences to create logical and innovative solutions for data analytics producers. Less than five percent of available data is currently mined effectively, the data science program positions graduates to manage big data and enter the job market in high demand.
Applications are reviewed on an individual basis using a holistic approach. Official transcripts and scores are not required for the initial application, although you will need to upload them later.
Applying to the Graduate School is free (no application fees) and fast (no official transcripts or test scores needed to start).
Michigan Tech offers several admissions options in order to meet the educational needs of students from a variety of backgrounds. Students should review the options available to them and apply for the program that will best help them achieve their personal educational goals.
To be considered for admission to the Graduate School as a degree- or certificate-seeking student, you need to:
(1)Any bachelor's degree which includes some coursework in introductory programming and statistics
(2)2 Letters of Recommendation.
3. Résumé / Curriculum vitae
4. Admitted applicants typically have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale
5. GRE not required
College description: The Data Science graduate program at UMBC prepares students to respond to the growing demand for professionals with data science knowledge, skills, and abilities. The program brings together faculty from a wide range of fields who have a deep understanding of the real-world applications of data analytics.
Admissions Requirements are:
1. A bachelor’s degree in any subject and 3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale.
2. Candidates must have academic or professional experience equivalent to basic programming courses.
3. Prospective students must have also completed the following courses at the undergraduate or graduate level: One semester of statistics; Calculus I or II (depending upon track).
4. Statement outlining the student’s goals and expectations in the program.
5. Current resume
6. Recommendation letters (optional for domestic applicants)
7. Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
8. GRE is not required
Tufts UniversityRanked 27 in Best National University.
Nutrition Epidemiology and Data Science
College description: The Master of Science in Data Science (MSDS), administered jointly by the departments of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering, prepares students for future careers and/or further study in Data Science. Graduates will demonstrate facility in a variety of data analysis techniques, including machine learning, optimization, statistical decision-making, information theory, and data visualization.
The school has permanently removed the GRE as a requirement, as part of the commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Applicants to the Ph.D. program are strongly encouraged to submit GRE scores as they can be helpful in the Admissions Committee’s assessment of readiness for doctoral study. For students taking the GRE who seek to refresh their verbal and quantitative skills, self-study materials and sample questions are available from the Educational Testing Service. Students whose native language is not English must meet TOEFL or IELTS requirements.