Masters programs in Data Science which do not require GRE - Updated 2021
Yale UniversityRanked 3 in Best National University.
Statistics and Data Science
Admission requirements for the M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University:
GRE scores are no longer required for M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University.
3. A statement of purpose.
4. A list of all the prior colleges or universities attended, accompanied by unofficial transcripts from each school.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. $105 application fee.
7. TOEFL or IELTS are necessary for non-native English speakers.
The application deadline for the M.S. in Statistics & Data Science at Yale University is December 15.
Brown UniversityRanked 16 in Best National University.
Applications for Data Science Initiative program open in early September for the following fall. All students begin the program in the fall (September); there is no option to start in spring. Admission is rolling, which means they may accept some students before the February 1 deadline. No applications can be accepted after February 1.
The admission requirements for Master’s Program in Data Science at Brown University are:
1. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
2. Personal Statement.
3. Work experience.
The GRE is not required for the Master’s Program in Data Science at Brown University.
5. Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not received a college degree from an institution where the instruction is in English must take the TOEFL or IELTS exam.
The minimum TOEFL score required is 620 (PBT) or 260 (CBT) or IBT (105), and prefer scores higher than that. The corresponding minimum IELTS score is 7.5.
6. CV or resume.
Online Master of Information and Data Science
Admission requirements for UC Berkeley School of Information’s online master’s programs:
1. A bachelor's degree earned from an accredited institution.
2. Online application.
3. Official transcripts from all educational institutions attended.
4. Statement of Purpose and additional admissions statements.
5. Two professional letters of recommendation.
6. Current resume.
7. Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) External link scores for applicants whose academic work has been in a country other than the U.S., U.K., Australia, or English-speaking Canada.
8. Application fee of $120 for domestic applicants or $140 for international applicants.
GRE or GMAT scores are not required for the Online Master of Information and Data Science from UC Berkeley.
The application deadline for the Online Master of Information and Data Science from UC Berkeley is February 3.
Goergen Institute for Data Science
Application materials for the MS program in Data Science at University of Rochester:
1. Unofficial transcripts in English or with a certified English translation.
2. Three letters of recommendations.
3. Statement of purpose.
5. English Language Proficiency for non-native English speakers (TOEFL/IELTS score).
TOEFL: Minimum score of 620 (paper-based test), 260 (computer-based test), or 105 (Internet test).
IELTS: Minimum score of 7.0.
The GRE is NOT REQUIRED for MS program in Data Science at University of Rochester.
7. The application fee is $60.
Online Master of Computer Science in Data Science
Admission requirements for the Illinois Master of Computer Science in Data Science (MCS-DS):
1.Applicants must have been awarded a 4-year bachelor’s degree equivalent to that granted by the University of Illinois to be eligible for the graduate programs at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
2. Online Application.
3. The university's application fee is $70 for US citizens and permanent residents and $90 for all other applicants.
4. Submit Unofficial Transcripts.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
6. A Statement of Purpose.
7. A CV/Resume.
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) general aptitude tests (Verbal, Quantitative, and Analytical) and subject test scores are recommended, but not required for the Illinois Master of Computer Science in Data Science (MCS-DS).
9. All applicants whose native language is not English, including permanent residents of the US should meet the English proficiency requirements (TOEFL iBT or IELTS scores).
Admission requirements for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Data Science at George Washington University:
GRE is not required for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Data Science at George Washington University.
2. Two (2) academic letters of recommendation.
3. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be uploaded to the online application.
4. Statement of purpose.
5. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the PTE Academic is required for all applicants except those who hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the United States or from an institution located in a country in which English is the official language, provided English was the language of instruction.
Minimum scores for the M.S. program are:
Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 6.0 with no individual score below 5.0
TOEFL: 550 on paper-based or 80 on Internet-based
PTE Academic: 53
Fordham UniversityRanked 58 in Best National University.
M.S. in Data Science Admissions Information Requirements
Admission requirements for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University:
1. An undergraduate degree in a field emphasizing quantitative skills is expected, such as a degree in computer science, information science, engineering, math, physical science, health science, business, economics, psychology, social science or urban and city planning.
2. Knowledge of discrete math, probability and statistics, including permutations, combinations, descriptive statistics, and basic probabilities concepts.
3. Basic programming knowledge and a familiarity with Python programming is expected.
4. Official degree transcripts.
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores are not required for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University.
7. Statement of intent.
8. Three letters of recommendation.
9.International applicants whose native language is not English are required to complete and submit to GSAS prior to matriculation their official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). GSAS will also consider a student’s International English Language Testing System (IELTS)—Cambridge English Proficiency Level language testing results and the Duolingo English Test (DET) as an assessment of the English competency.
Minimum scores required:
IELTS: 6.5 band score
The application deadlines for the M.S. in Data Science at Fordham University are:
Spring: Dec 1
Summer: Jan. 4
Fall: Recommended Deadline: Apr 5
Fall: Rolling Admissions Begins:
Online Masters in Data Science Degree
Admission requirements for an M.S. degree in Data Science program at Southern Methodist University:
1. Hold a bachelor’s degree or its recognized equivalent from a regionally accredited institution.
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required for Master of Science in Data Science program at Southern Methodist University.
3. A nonrefundable $75 application fee, which can be paid online, is required.
4. One letter of Recommendation from a professional or academic reference.
5. A professional resume or curriculum vitae.
6. The Statement of Purpose should explain the interest in earning the M.S. in Data Science from SMU.
7. Official transcripts from every institution attended, including study abroad and community college programs.
8. Applicants whose native language is not English must provide Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores (90+) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores (6.5+).
Data Science Master
Online University of Wisconsin Master of Science in Data Science program admission requirements are:
1. A bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or better grade point average (GPA) and prerequisite courses in elementary statistics, computer programming, and database administration.
Aptitude tests such as the GMAT and GRE are not required for admission to the Online University of Wisconsin Master of Science in Data Science program.
4. Two letters of recommendation (can be professional or academic).
5. A personal statement of up to 1,000 words describing the reasons behind the decision to pursue this degree.
For Graduate Studies in Electrical Computer Engineering
Signal & Image Processing and Machine Learning
Have a 3.6 GPA or better
The application process is the same as the normal application process with some exceptions.
For the academic statement of purpose, a document stating “JI-SUGS Program – Academic Statement of Purpose Not Required”
Applicant do not have to submit GRE scores.
Computer Science Engineering
Summer/early autumn after junior year:sign-up and take the GRE; prepare fellowship applications
Since application fees range from $50-$100, the students will want to make informed decisions on where to apply.
Three letters of recommendation
Additional materials for international students
Information on test dates and test center locations for both the General and Subject GRE can be found on the GRE site. The computer-based GRE is offered year-round at various locations, and scheduling to take the exam is usually not difficult. However, the GRE Subject Test has very limited offerings, so be aware of the available times.
Writing the statement of purpose can be a time-consuming process, and applicant may need to write several drafts before their statement is finished. If there are no guidelines on the length of the statement, make their document no longer than two pages of double-spaced text.
The deadline to accept offers of admission with financial assistance is April 15th. Take as much time as applicant need before the deadline to consider their options.