Masters programs in Economics which do not require GRE - Updated 2021
MIT Graduate Admissions
Admission requirements for the Master's in Economics:
1. Online application.
2. $75 Application fee.
3. Statement of objectives.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
GRE scores not required for the for the Master's in Economics program at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
7. TOEFL or IELTS test score for international applicants whose native language is not English.
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): Minimum score required is 7.
Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Minimum score required: 100 (iBT) 600 (PBT)
Rice UniversityRanked 19 in Best National University.
Master of Energy Economics
Admission requirements for Master of Energy Economics:
1. Application fee: $85.
2. Professional resume.
3. Statement of Purpose.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
5. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
6. Approved TOEFL scores for applicants whose native language is not English and who did not receive a degree from a country in which English is the official language of communication.
Applicants are recommended but not required to submit scores from either the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for Master of Energy Economics.
Application deadline for Master of Energy Economics is February 1.
Admission requirements for MA program in Economics:
1. Applicants must submit an online application.
2. A transcript.
3. The names of two University of Rochester faculty members as references.
4. A personal statement.
5.Two letters of recommendation.
GRE or TOEFL scores are not required for MA program.
7. Provide evidence of English proficiency in the personal statement.
The deadline for application for MA program in Economics is June 15.
Applied Economics program
Admission requirements for the MA in Applied Economics program at George Washington University:
1. Online application.
2. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
3. Letters of Recommendation.
GRE is not required for the MA in Applied Economics program at George Washington University.
5. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the PTE Academic is required of all applicants except those who hold a bachelor’s degree from a college or university in the United States or from an institution located in a country in which English is the official language, provided English was the language of instruction.
Minimum scores for the M.A. program are:
Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 6.0 with no individual score below 5.0
TOEFL: 550 on paper-based or 80 on Internet-based
PTE Academic: 53
6. Statement of purpose.
Admissions to MS in Economics Program
The Online MS Economics program admission requirements:
1. Statement of Purpose.
2. Two online recommendations are required.
3. Official Transcripts.
Scores for the GMAT/ GRE exams are not required for the Online MS Economics program.
5. International applicants must hold a bachelor degree or its equivalent from an accredited college in the U.S. or abroad.
he Online MS Economics program admission deadlines:
Priority Deadline: November 30
Final Deadline: December 13
Priority Deadline: July 1
Final Deadline: July 30
Online Masters in Economics
Admission requirements for Online MA in Economics, Applied Economics Specialization program:
1. Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.
GRE test is not required for Online MA in Economics, Applied Economics Specialization program.
3. A statement of purpose.
4. A completed application and $55 application fee.
5. Current resume/CV.
6. Official transcripts from all academic institutions from which the credits are earned.
7. Letters of recommendation.
8. A TOEFL score of 600 (or 100 on the Internet-based test), a minimum score of 68 on the Pearson Test of English, or a minimum IELTS score of seven (7) is required. Additionally, applicants with international transcripts must have them evaluated course-by-course.
Economics Graduate Program-Admission requirements
Master of Science in economics (MS) degree admission requirements:
1. Graduate School Application.
2. International students must demonstrate their proficiency in English by providing Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores, International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores or Duolingo English test scores.TOEFL score of at least 80 on the Internet-based Test (iBT), with minimum test scores of 18 for each section, a minimum score of at least 6.5 in IELTS and a minimum score of at least 110.
4. Three Recommendation Letters from academic sources.
5. Personal Statement.
6. $75 Application Fee for US citizens & Permanent Residents Applicants / $85 Application Fee for International Applicants.
The GRE scores are not required for the Master of Science in economics (MS) degree.
Application deadline for Master of Science in economics (MS) degree is June 15.
Applied Financial Economics, M.S. Saint Louis University
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all application materials are received. Application files are reviewed holistically (undergraduate performance, internship or professional experience and professional goal statement). The average time for admissions decisions is one to two weeks.
Admission Requirements for Applied Financial Economics, M.S. program:
1. Completed online application.
3. Two letters of recommendation.
5. Professional goal statement.
No GMAT or GRE required for Applied Financial Economics, M.S. program.
7. English Language Proficiency Scores: For non-native speakers of English, an official TOEFL or IELTS score report is also required and must be sent directly from ETS or the British Council. This program requires a TOEFL score of 88 and an IELTS broadband of at least a 6.5.
MS in Applied Economics
Admission requirements for the MS in Applied Economics:
1. A GPA of 3.2 or higher strengthens an application.
The GRE is not required for MS in Applied Economics.
3. Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
.4 Transcript from each university and college attended.
5. Statement of Purpose.
6. Current resume or CV.
International applicants are required to upload the following additional items to the online application:
1. English Language Exam.
2. International Address.
3. International Transcripts.
English Language Exam minimum scores required:
Applied Economics MS program admission
Applied Economics MS program admission requirements:
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
The GRE or GMAT are not required for the Applied Economics MS program.
3. Transcript from each university and college attended.
4. Statement of Purpose.
5. Current resume or CV.
6. A minimum of two recommendation letters are required.
7. International applicants must submit their official test score in TOEFL, IELTS and PTE.