College description: Our Graduate Kinesiology Program provides you with personal attention and guidance found in smaller institutions, while providing you with distinguished faculty, an introduction to an expanded Bay Area sports network, and a personalized education aimed to help you reach your career goals.
Admission requirements for Master of Arts Program in Kinesiology:
1. All applicants must have an earned Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale.
2. Online Application.
4. Personal Statement.
5. Three (3) Letters of Recommendation.
6. Current Resume.
7. Non-refundable application fee ($50).
8. The Master of Arts Program in Kinesiology does not require applicants to submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Clinical Exercise Physiology program
College description: Master Of Science In Health Education advanced degree is designed to train and mentor the next generation of health education specialists that provide and manage programs through the provision of foundational and professional classroom education combined with real-world opportunities. Texas's future health education specialists are prepared to work with individuals, families and communities to maximize and maintain healthy lifestyles. They aim to accomplish this through faculty with strong academic credentials, ties to health education settings, and in-depth knowledge and expertise in the responsibilities, competencies, and socio-cultural health issues; further, they have strong interdisciplinary linkages to other researchers and professionals in allied fields.
Admission requirements for the for M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Clinical Exercise Physiology program at Texas A & M University-College Station:
1. Application Fee: A non-refundable $50 application fee for domestic applicants and $75 application fee for international applicants.
2. The applicant’s academic record – including an undergraduate grade point ratio (GPR) in the last 60 semester hours.
3. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores not required for M.S. in Kinesiology, Emphasis in Clinical Exercise Physiology program at Texas A & M University-College Station.
4. Relevant experience as shown on resume or CV.
5. Foreign students whose native language is not English must have a score of at least 550 paper-based or 213 computer-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination for Foreign Students whose native language is not English.
6. Students desiring to complete a thesis must submit written request to do so in the essay.
7. Personal statement of purpose essay.
8. Three letters of reference.
College description: The mission of the this program is to provide formal graduate level academic instruction in the science and theory of resistance training, as well as to promote student production of research that directly relates to the neuromuscular adaptations involved with resistance training.
Admission requirements for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Exercise Science at George Washington University:
1. The MS in Exercise Science does not require the GRE or any other standardized test for admission.
2. Two letter of recommendations.
3. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
4. Statement of purpose.
5. Graduate applicants who have not completed a post-secondary degree from a regionally accredited US institution are required to submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing Service) or PTE (Pearson Test of English Academic) scores.
Academic IELTS: an overall band score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0.
TOEFL: 100 on Internet-based.
Application deadline for the Master of Science (M.S.) in Exercise Science at George Washington University is Fall – March 15 (Applications must be complete by December 15 for priority scholarship consideration.)
College description: The graduate degree in kinesiology integrates the science of human movement, the practice of relevant research methods and the advanced studies of fitness and wellness. Candidates in this program receive diverse training in order to meet growing societal demands like obesity as well as to expand knowledge of exercise and sport performance. The program includes academic as well as practical experiences in the student’s chosen area of study.
The admission requirements for the M.S. in Kinesiology at CBU:
1. Completion of application for admission with $45 application fee.
2. Completion of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation, or the evaluated equivalency, with a minimum grade point average of 2.75 for unconditional admission.
3. Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
4. Three recommendations from professional or academic sources who can address the potential for success.
5. Essay of at least 500 words.
6. An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English language proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The minimum score required to display English language proficiency for graduate programs is 80 IBT.
7. Resume identifying all previous work and education experiences.
9. No GRE required for M.S. in Kinesiology at CBU.
Application Deadlines for the M.S. in Kinesiology at CBU:
Fall: May 15
Spring: November 1
Summer: March 1
Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport Studies
College description: The PhD major in kinesiology and sport studies offers a concentration in kinesiology, which deals with the study of human movement. Emphasis is placed on the acquisition of skills needed for high quality research and innovative teaching. Students are expected to become proficient in research methods within their respective areas of specialization. The program prepares students for postdoctoral or faculty positions in higher education, or positions in applied sport and clinical settings and has specializations in biomechanics, exercise physiology, physical activity epidemiology, and sport psychology and motor behavior.
Admission requirements for the Kinesiology Master’s Programs at The University of Tennessee-Knoxville:
1. A $60 application fee for new applicants and a $30 fee for students who were previously enrolled as graduate students at UT.
2. Unofficial academic transcripts from every undergraduate institution attended are required.
3. GRE scores are NOT required for Kinesiology Master’s Programs at The University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
4. A current resume is required as part of the application process.
5. Letters of recommendation.
6. Applicants whose native language is not English are required to take and pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
MS Applied Exercise Science
College description: Dance has not passed standards established by the U.S. Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. N Aof program graduates got jobs according to the. N Aof program graduates got jobs according to the accreditor job placement rate.
Admission requirements for the MS Applied Exercise Science: Sports Nutrition at Concordia University-Chicago:
1. A conferred bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or an equivalent non-U.S. degree.
2. A cumulative grade point average above 2.85.
3. Transcripts from institutions where degrees were earned.
4. Letters of Recommendation.
5. GRE scores are not required for the MS Applied Exercise Science: Sports Nutrition at Concordia University-Chicago.
Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
College description: Wilderness Medicine Strength and Conditioning Exercise Physiology Altitude Physiology. Cardiovascular physiology, neurophysiology and exercise science. Neural mechanisms of cardiovascular diseases and metabolic disorders.
Admission requirements for the Master of Science in Kinesiology at Michigan Tech:
1. A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
2. The Statement of Purpose should strongly convey the purpose for applying to the selected graduate program.
3. Certified copies of the previous college/university transcripts are required.
4. A resume / curriculum vitae.
5. A writing sample.
6. GRE not required for Master of Science in Kinesiology at Michigan Tech.
7. Michigan Tech requires a minimum 79 overall TOEFL or 6.5 overall IELTS score for International applicants.
MS in Kinesiology
College description: Explore how the body responds to human movement and study ways to encourage habitual exercise and physical activity across the lifespan through this kinesiology master’s program specializing in exercise physiology. This thesis program prepares you for doctoral studies in the field or careers in allied health, corporate laboratory research, and university teaching and research.
Admission requirements for MS in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy) at University of Georgia:
1. Hold an undergraduate degree.
2. Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended.
3. Three letters of recommendation.
4. A vita or resume.
5. A statement of purpose.
6. GRE scores are required only for application to the MS thesis program. The GRE is not required for admission to the MS non-thesis program specializing in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy).
Application deadline for MS in Kinesiology (Sport Pedagogy) at University of Georgia is January 10 (thesis) and June 1 (non-thesis).
M.S. in Kinesiology
College description: The Non-Thesis MS track is designed for students who are interested in graduate-level training in Kinesiology, but who are not necessarily interested in a career doing research in the field. This degree supports and interest in coaching/teaching (team or individual), personal training, or fitness instructions. The degree also supplements the practice of physical therapy, athletic training, other allied health professions, or any individual purpose a student may have. Students can use elective credits, internships, and independent studies to customize their program to meet their needs and future career goals.
Admission requirements for M.S. in Kinesiology at University of Wisconsin-Madison:
1. A minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0=A scale) on the last 60 semester hours (or equivalent) of undergraduate coursework.
2. Every applicant whose native language is not English or whose undergraduate instruction was not in English must provide an English proficiency test score and meet the Graduate School minimum requirements.
3. GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) scores are Not required for M.S. in Kinesiology at University of Wisconsin-Madison.
4. Three Letters of Recommendation required.
5. An applicant must submit academic transcripts from each institution attended.
6. A statement of reasons for graduate study.
Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Exercise Physiology
College description: Good health is extremely important, and our society desperately needs people like you to offer expert advice in the fields of sports and wellness. With this degree, you’ll learn be a wellness educator, clinical exercise physiologist, exercise specialist, strength and conditioning professional, and . Before you begin, it important to identify your career goals, so we can map out the curriculum that best suits your needs.
Admission requirements for Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Exercise Physiology at University of Alabama at Birmingham:
1. An undergraduate biology, chemistry, human anatomy, and human physiology courses.
2. An overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
3. An official transcript.
4. Three letters of recommendation.
5. International applicants must also submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores to the Graduate School.
6. GRE or MAT scores are not required for Master of Science in Kinesiology with a Concentration in Exercise Physiology at University of Alabama at Birmingham.