Masters programs in Library Science which do not require GRE - Updated 2021
USC Library Science Degree Online
1. Online Application – Submit along with a $155 application fee
Bachelor’s Degree – From a regionally accredited program
3. 3 Letters of Reference – By people who can provide academic and professional references
4. Grade Point Average – 3.0 or better
5. Standardized Examinations – GRE or GMAT scores are not required; however, you must show related work experience
6. Transcripts – Must have official transcripts sent from all colleges and universities attended, regardless of whether credit or a degree was obtained. The official transcript should show the titles of all courses taken, grades or marks received, and the date and title of the degree(s) conferred.
7. Statement of Purpose – Please submit a well thought out essay (500 words maximum) to answer the following prompts: (1) Why MMLIS? (2) Why USC? (3) How will your current professional experience help you be successful in this program?
University of IowaRanked 71 in Best National University.
Admission to SLIS
GRE score is no longer a requirement.
Unofficial transcripts showing their baccalaureate degree are part of the Graduate Application requirement and need to be submitted at the time of their Graduate College application. Official transcripts are required upon admission to the program.
If applicant are applying to the Teacher Librarian program include a copy of their current Teaching Certificate with their application.
All application materials for the MA in LIS, including letters of recommendation, are due by February 1.
Application materials for the Iowa Teacher Librarian Program are due by April 1.
Admissions decisions are announced approximately one month to six weeks after the admission deadline.
Valdosta State UniversityRanked 75 in Best Regional University in South Coast.
The deadline for receipt of applications in fall semester is March 15 and for spring semester October 15 each year.
Does the VSU MLIS Program require the GRE, MAT, or similar examination for admission to the Program.
The VSU MLIS Program required an entrance exam at one time but no longer does.
Students enrolling in a fully online program must submit the immunization form with the distance learning exemption signed in place of submitting a completed immunization record.
Students are not required to declare a track.
That specific curriculum requires students to take additional courses beyond the 13 courses required by the MLIS Program.
In fact, having students with different backgrounds and experiences helps leaven the classroom and learning processes.
It is not required that applicant take courses every semester as well.
The MLIS Program reviews all courses offered for credit for appropriateness and congruence with the purpose of the degree program.
Applicant may, however, earn “Supervised Work Experience” in their library if applicant develop a course plan that places applicant in learning environments apart from their duty areas.