Drexel UniversityRanked 95 in Best National University.
Arts Administration and Museum Leadership
College description: BECOME AN ARTS AND CULTURAL LEADER WITH A GRADUATE DEGREE TAILORED TO YOUR NEEDS. Attend full-time or part-time. Complete your degree in as little as 15 months or at your own pace. Take your courses on campus, online, or both.
Admission requirements for MS in Arts Administration and Museum Leadership program at Drexel University:
1. An application fee of $65.
3. GRE/MAT test scores are not required for MS in Arts Administration and Museum Leadership program at Drexel University admission.
4. Essay explaining the reasons for pursuing a degree from Drexel; their short-term and long-term career plans; and how their background, experience, interest, and/or values, when combined with a Drexel degree, will enable them to pursue these goals successfully.
6. Two letters of recommendation are required.
7. A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
Application deadline for MS in Arts Administration and Museum Leadership program at Drexel University is January 15.
Critical Curatorial Studies Admissions
College description: The MFA (Master of Fine Arts) in Art with a Concentration in Critical Curatorial Studies educates graduate students to pursue a career in the fields of curatorial practice, art criticism, and public programming. The collaboration between Studio Art and Visual Studies is designed to prepare graduates for careers in such visual art venues as museums, art galleries, publications, and archives.
Admission requirements for MFA in Art with Concentration in Critical & Curatorial Studies at UCI Claire Trevor School of the Arts:
1. Applicants must meet the general requirements for admission to graduate study.
2. Hold a BA or BFA, and have completed one year of Twentieth-Century Art History.
3. The Letter of Intent should address the seriousness of applicants' intentions, experience, and motivation to enter the Critical & Curatorial Studies program.
4. Writing Sample.
5. Proposed project - The proposal could be an exhibition, conference, critical writing pursuit, etc. Length: 1000 words.
6. Three (3) letters of recommendation.
8. GRE is not required for the admission for MFA in Art with Concentration in Critical & Curatorial Studies at UCI Claire Trevor School of the Arts.
Application deadline for MFA in Art with Concentration in Critical & Curatorial Studies at UCI Claire Trevor School of the Arts is March 1.
Museum Studies Program
College description: The KU master’s degree in Museum Studies is a 36-credit-hour program built around 3 fundamental components – Foundational courses and experiences, Conceptual inquiry and application, and Professional specialization and expertise. Students who earn the M.A. in Museum Studies will have acquired mastery of the professional and conceptual dimensions of museums in the broadest sense, while also developing the specialized skills necessary for success in the field. The graduate curriculum in Museum Studies provides a comprehensive overview of the discipline, opportunities for mastering core components of museum practice, avenues for exploring the interdisciplinary nature of museums, solid grounding in current issues facing museums, and possibilities for research to develop new and innovative approaches in the field.
Admission requirements for the KU's Museum Studies Program:
1. Hold a bachelor's degree and have earned at least a B (3.0) grade-point average in previous academic work.
2. A completed application, along with a non-refundable application fee, submitted online through the Office of Graduate Admissions.
5. A personal statement, 2 to 3 pages total which should include: (a) those aspects of museums and museum studies that the applicant is particularly interested in, (b) their professional goals, including the area of museum work that most appeals to them, (c) their relevant experience and background, (d) how they believe KU's Museum Studies Program matches their interests, and (e) anything else they believe the university should know.
6. Three letters of recommendation.
7. A resume or curriculum vitae that lists the education, employment history, volunteer experience, internships, scholarships/fellowships, and academic awards.
8. The GRE scores are NOT required for KU's Museum Studies Program.
9. If an applicant's native language is not English, they must verify their English proficiency.
Application deadline for the KU Museum Studies Program is January 15.
College description: The introduction to Museology core course provides students with an overview of Museology, the branch of knowledge concerned with the study of the purpose and organization of museums. Students will learn about the historic and contemporary classification of various types of museums (e.g. history, art, zoos, botanical gardens, etc.), their structure and organization, and their roles in society. Students will also explore career options in the museum field, including job titles, descriptions and requirements.
Museum Studies Program at SUNO admission requirements:
1. Bachelor degree.
2. The GRE score is not required for Master of Arts in Museum Studies at Southern University at
3. Letters of Recommendations.
4. Applicants for whom English is their second language must submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) in addition to any other required test scores.
Tufts UniversityRanked 27 in Best National University.
History and Museum Studies
College description: The two-year master's program in Art History and Museum Studies integrates the theoretical study of art history with practical concerns of displaying, managing, and interpreting art objects in a variety of museum settings. After completing the degree, you will be well prepared for careers in museums, art galleries, art publishing, museum education, teaching, art libraries, visual resource collection, or auction houses.
Admission requirements for MA in History and Museum Studies program at Tufts University:
1. Application fee.
3. Personal statement.
4. GRE scores are currently waived for students applying to this program.
5. Official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test for International applicants.
7. Three letters of recommendation.
8. Writing Sample.
Application Deadline for MA in History and Museum Studies program at Tufts University is January 15.
College description: Part of the arts and humanities program in the Corcoran School of the Arts and Design of the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences, Museum Studies combines traditional academic training and the practical experience necessary to begin a successful museum career. The program ranks among the top museum training programs in the United States. Students receive advanced study and practical working experience through internship affiliations with more than 60 museums and cultural organizations, including the Smithsonian Institution.
The admission requirements for Museum studies program at George Washington University are as follows:
1. Admission deadlines:Fall – February 1, Spring – October 1
2. GRE general test required for M.A. (institutional code 5246). Waived for applicants who hold a J.D., M.D., or Ph.D. Certificate: GRE not required.
3. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the PTE Academic is required of all applicants
4. Two (2) recommendations (one, academic and the other, museum-related)
5. Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript.
6. In a short essay, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study in your chosen field. A professional resume is required.
Master of Arts in Museum Studies
College description: The University of San Francisco offers a unique master’s degree in museum studies where students prepare for leadership positions in artistic, cultural, and heritage organizations that operate in a constantly changing social dynamic. Museum Studies students preparing 'Interwoven: Indigenous Contemporary' an exhibit comprised of works by artists most from California Indian tribes who challenged preconceived ideas indigenous identity. USF Museum Studies students and The Mexican Museum partnered to present Escultura, a collection of metal sculptures by renowned Latino and Mexican artists.
Master in Museum Studies program at the University of San Francisco admission requirements:
1. Transcript (Academic Record) from each university or college attended.
2. Statement of Purpose.
3. Resume or CV.
4. Two Letters of Recommendation.
5. GRE score is not required for the Master in Museum Studies program at the University of San Francisco.
6. International students provide 3 additional items - TOEFL-at-home test and Duolingo online exam.