Masters programs in Research and Experimental Psychology which do not require GRE - Updated 2021
University of IdahoRanked 127 in Best National University.
Applicants must have a minimum overall Grade Point Average of 3.00 on a 4.00 grade scale equivalent to the students.S. bachelor’s degree.
Written a detailed statement/essay describing their professional experience and potential to succeed academically
An official academic record from all post-secondary education institutions attended is required. This may take some time so start this early in their application process.
In the instance that official records cannot be obtained, unofficial records may be used to consider their application.
If the degree is from a recognized but not regionally accredited institution, the application will be reviewed by the department and by the College of Graduate Studies.
For information about equivalency and required academic credentials by country of education page, use the Degree Equivalency Guide.
Reasons for outside review include, but are not limited to, verification of document authenticity, potential transfer credits and the wish to expedite the processing of an application file.
Precise, word-for-word, English translations are required for all foreign language documents.
The most common and widely accepted test is the TOEFL
TOEFL : minimum overall score of 79
If so, applicant will need to take the TOEFL, or equivalent test, and obtain the higher score prior to be granted regular admission.
Have electronic versions of their required documents
Be ready to complete an online application fee
Recommendation for admission is based on the department's decision.
Each application requires three Letters of Recommendation Applicant will need to enter this information to complete an online application.
Transcripts, degree certificates, GRE, TOEFL) must be sent directly from the institution and/or testing center to Graduate Admissions.
These scans may be used to determine their acceptance into the program, however the official transcript documents will ultimately be required.
The GRE is only required for some graduate programs.
F-1 graduate students are required to be enrolled in nine credit hours and are allowed to take up to three credits of online coursework toward this requirement. J-1 visa holders are also required to enroll in nine credit hours, but are not allowed to take online classes toward the nine credit requirement.
Experimental Psychology Admissions
The deadline for for receipt of all application materials is January 15, 2020 for the Experimental Psychology Program. In addition to grades and GRE scores , the Admissions Committee is attentive to letters of recommendation, personal statements, and relevant professional experiences.
Deadline for entry in Fall 2020: January 15, 2020
Application materials to be sent to the Psychology Department
Three letters of recommendation are required.
Psychological Science Application
Please begin their online application on ApplyWeb.
To access all materials , applicant must create an account and log on to the Cal State Apply system. Applicant can save their progress in the system at any time, and applicant do not have to submit their application until applicant are ready!
Dartmouth CollegeRanked 11 in Best National University.
Psychological and Brain Sciences
The application components for the Doctoral degree in Psychological and Brain Science or Cognitive Neuroscience at the Dartmouth College.
1. A bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
2. A completed application form.
3. Personal statement, describing the interests in graduate study.
4. Transcript(s) from the bachelor's coursework.
5. Letters of recommendation (at least 3) from professors, research advisors, employers who can speak to the skills, experience, and promise.
6. The GRE is not required for admission to the Doctoral degree in Psychological and Brain Science or Cognitive Neuroscience at the Dartmouth College.
Master of Arts in Teaching
Admission requirement to join the Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University are:
1. Online application.
2. Official transcripts.
3. Two letters of recommendation.
4. Statement of purpose.
5. Application fee.
6. International applicants must submit TOEFL scores if their native language is not English.
7. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution to be admitted into the program.
8. GRE scores are not required for Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University.
The application deadline to join for Online Psychology Master's Programs at the Pepperdine University in the Spring semseter is February 18.
Pacific UniversityRanked 25 in Best Regional University in West Coast.
Applied Psychological Science Program
MA in Applied Psychological Science at Pacific University the application process is based on rolling. The admission requirements are:
1. Departmental application: Fill out the application, following all instructions.
2. Official Academic Transcript(s).
MA in Applied P5ychological Science at Pacific University does not require the GRE score.
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation from non-related individuals familiar with the student’s scholarly work and/or relevant work experience.
5. Resume/curriculum vita that includes prior experience in research or clinical areas, awards and scholarships.
6. A statement of interest (2-3 pages) which conveys the student’s background and previous experience including why they believe them self a good candidate for the program.
Admission deadline for MA in Applied Psychological Science at Pacific University is March 1.