College description: In collaboration with clinical partners, we offer a Neurologic Physical Therapy Residency, which currently offers opportunities for physical therapist working in the neurologic rehabilitation setting. The neurologic physical therapy residency is accredited through the American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education (ABPTRFE). We currently partner with HealthSouth to have five residents across three states. In support of the mission of the Division of Physical Therapy, the mission of the post-professional physical therapy residencies at the Medical University of South Carolina is to develop reflective practitioners who constantly seek evidence to promote excellence in patient care, to optimize functional outcomes, and to utilize financial and physical resources efficiently.
You must to have a Bachelor of Science or Arts from an accredited program prior to entering the physical therapy program. A specific major is not required, but specific prerequisite course work is required.
Applicants are required to take the Quantitative, Verbal, and Analytical / Writing components of the GRE. The scores must be reported before the application is complete. While a specific score on the GRE is not required, it is strongly recommended that applicants take the GRE as many times as needed to have competitive scores. Scores in the 60th percentile will generally put an applicant in the competitive range. If the applicant’s grade point average is lower, higher GRE scores may improve the application. During the admissions process, the highest GRE score for each section are considered.
The overall GPA is computed from all courses taken as an undergraduate, regardless of how many colleges or universities an applicant attended or how many times a particular course was taken. By retaking a course, the prerequisite GPA may improve slightly, but with a large number of credit hours, the effect of one course is minimal.
Doctor of Physical Therapy program
College description: The program fosters lifelong learning through emphasis on critical thinking, clinical application of knowledge and evidence-based medicine. Graduates of the program will be prepared to enter into any aspect of physical therapy, with the ability to serve any community and contribute to the profession through leadership, education, and service. University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences Northwest College of Health Professions Physical Therapy 1125 N.
Admission Requirements for Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences are:
1.Completed baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution.
2.A minimum overall OR last 60 credit hours GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale and a minimum prerequisite GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
4.Two letters of recommendation.
There is no minimum GRE score required for Physical Therapy program at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
College description: As a physical therapist, your training is a life-changing gift to patients. Restoring their independence. From the entry-level, professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (D.P.T.) programs to the blended PT Ph.D.
The Professional Doctor of Physical Therapy program selects students based on cumulative grade point average (GPA), prior academic performance, work experience, references, interview, completed application and recommendations. The general requirements include:
1. A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
2. A minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) on a four-point scale.
3. A minimum of 3.0 prerequisite grade point average (GPA) on a four-point scale.
4. A minimum of 3.0 science & math grade point average (GPA) on a four-point scale.
5. There is no required minimum GRE score. The GRE is considered along with all other application requirements including GPA, volunteer experience, educational maturity, and the interview.
Mary Baldwin UniversityRanked 49 in Best Regional University in South Coast.
Doctor of Physical Therapy
College description: At MBU, you'll find people and programs that empower you to make a difference in the world and prepare you for a rewarding career. You're ready to earn a degree and we have the perfect plan.
Murphy Deming College of Health Sciences will admit one new cohort of DPT students each June. They anticipate a class size of 35 students. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Mary Baldwin University admission requirements are:
1. A bachelor’s degree is required prior to enrollment. Applicant's official transcripts from the degree-granting institution must be sent to Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS).
2. Submit a non-refundable supplemental fee of $45.
3. Students for whom English is not their primary language, regardless of US citizenship, are required to submit their TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score with their application. A minimum score is 570 (paper-based) or 88 (internet-based). A student may be exempted if they have graduated with a bachelors or graduate degree from a 4-year accredited US university.
There is no minimum GRE score needed to apply for Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Mary Baldwin University.
5. A minimum of 3.0 overall GPA required.
6. Two references are required. At least one reference must be from a physical therapist.
7. 40 hours are required in at least two different settings, such as hospital inpatient, outpatient, pediatrics, long-term care, etc.
Doctor of Physical Therapy program at Mary Baldwin University application deadline is December 1.