2100 accredited US Universities for Graduate Programs. 400+ specializations.
1400 No GRE, GMAT schools for the Master’s program
700+ Graduate scholarships totaling $3.5 mm
NYS Masters in Education Teacher Incentive Scholarship
The New York State (NYS) Masters-in-Education Teacher Incentive Scholarship Program offers a significant opportunity for students pursuing a master's degree in education. Here is a brief information about it:
- The student must be an NYS resident for 12 continuous months before the term starts.
- Students need to be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Must have an undergraduate degree from a NYS college/university, with residency in NYS during this period.
- Need to have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Need to be matriculated in an approved master’s degree in education program at a SUNY or CUNY college or university, leading to certification as a public elementary or secondary education teacher.
- Need to have full-time enrollment in the program.
- Non-default status on any NYS or federal education loan or NYS award.
- Compliance with any service conditions imposed by an NYS award.
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher during graduate study.
- There should be a commitment to teach for five years in an NYS public elementary or secondary school, including charter schools, upon graduation.
- The scholarship covers the full tuition cost for eligible students, up to $4,239 per semester or the actual tuition cost, whichever is less is prioritized.
- The award is adjusted based on any other tuition-only assistance received.
- The program has a limit of four-semester payments for full-time graduate study.
Application and Selection:
- Priority is given to prior recipients, with up to 500 awards granted annually to new applicants.
- Awards are paid directly to the educational institutions on behalf of the students after successful completion of each term.
- Recipients must complete the Payment of State Grants, Scholarships, and Awards Application annually to receive the award.
This scholarship is an excellent opportunity for those meeting the criteria and committed to teaching in New York State, offering substantial financial support for graduate education in teaching.
No Information Available
- Be an NYS resident and have lived in NYS for 12 consecutive months prior to the start of the term.
- Be a U.S. citizen or qualified non-citizen
- Have earned an undergraduate degree from a college/university in NYS and have been an NYS resident while earning this degree, and have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or higher upon completion of his or her undergraduate degree.
- Be enrolled in a full-time master's degree in the education program at a SUNY or CUNY college or university that leads to qualification as a public elementary or secondary education teacher
- be in a non-default status on any NYS or federal school loan program student loan or redemption on any NYS award;
- Be in compliance with the terms of any service requirement enforced by an NYS award;
- Earn a total GPA of 3.5 or higher in each cycle of graduate study;
- And sign a Service Contract committing to teach in a classroom for five years at a public primary or secondary school, including charter schools, in New York State.
No Information Available
Education and Teaching
|Association for Women in Aviation Maintenance Scholarship
|$5,000 Discover Student Loans Scholarship Award
|Sunrise Humanitarian Scholarship for Masters Programs
|WAEPA Scholarship Program